Let's Limit Young People , or Crazies from Killing Each Other in Schools

by flipper 103 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

WORLD TRAVELLER- I wonder why on earth he'd want to blow up a Taco Del Mar restaurant ? Unless he's a disgruntled ex-employee or something. There have been lots of shootings here in the states involving ex-employees having grudges against companies - then shooting up to hell anyone they had a vendetta against ! People are crazy

• sweetface2233
    sweetface2233

DJK, that's the whole problem. People w/ emotional and mental disorders shouldn't be trusted to check the "Yes" box on a silly form. Doctors, hospitals and Mental Institutions should be required to submit recoeds of persons who are diagnosed w/ emotional disorders. A violation of privacy and Dr./patient confientiality? Who cares!

• flipper
    flipper

SWEETFACE - I agree. Confidentiality is NOT more important than saving lives from prospective psychopaths taking firing range practice on young adults in college , high schools, or junior high schools - as happened here in California ! What happened to your face in your avatar ? You are just a shadow of your original self ! LOL! Just teasing ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• sweetface2233
    sweetface2233

Eh, I got tired of looking at my mug and I thought this sketch was cool.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

This is from a previous post that was up a couple of days ago..................

In regards to children consuming violent videogames for the reason being that there has been a correlation with violent actions of young people

that overly consume these kind of games and their apparent outward social behavior. One very good example of this is the Columbine school massacre

a few years ago. The boys that did all of the killings were well involved with a video game where if were to go into building and kill as many opponents as possible

you could take over the building and become the glorious winner. It would be irresponsible to suggest that there is absolutely no direct connection between the two.

Given the fact that young teens are psychologically sensitive to what they mentally take in and how they socially respond to that kind of input.

That being said, there isn't an over abundance of these very violent games and the majority are perceived to be harmless, something the Watchtower didn't seem to mention.

In the same vein as the article it could be said that intensionally reading watchtower magazines is like absorbing radioactive waste to the mind and the intellect.

I just want to point out that what one person reads or perhaps sees in a movie does not exactly equal the profound psychological effect as mentally immersing

oneself in a very violent game, there are apparent differences to be noted.

There is sound reasoning in the statement " what the mind is fed so it will also put forth " psychological imprinting is well acknowledged study in human psychology and it very much affects

are social behavior in society.

It becomes even more of an importance in young absorbing youth in their growing and developing stage of life.

The mental message in these kinds of games is to win over your opponent and become the victor, but the only way is to kill them dead and that is the only way to win.

Unfortunately games that are played by certain individuals who are emotionally unbalanced and that are having insecurity issues may take violence as a course

of action to over come these innate insecurities, in other words it puts power and control back in their hands and the end result of this expression is death and mayhem.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

With all the guns out there, its remarkable how few mass shootings we have.

I saw the news on tv while out to dinner tonight and commented to my wife that these shootings will prompt another round of people calling for gun control.

I am for tighter control of guns to keep them out of the hands of youth and mentally incompetent.

But I was thinking what is the real cause of these shootings. It came to me that people find life meaningless and worthless.

I also thought that the media tv papers and the internet advertises or broadcast, or informs us of these crimes. I never hear of anyone calling for a ban on negative news. If they could ban negative news the Daily News would be one page long and then the sports page.

I am pretty sure these people who do the shooting get the idea from the media not the gun store.

Still I am for tighter gun controls for youth and mentally impared.

Why do people find life meaningless and worthless?

Maybe because they conclude there is no God. Maybe they conclude that because evolution is taught.

Maybe there is no God, so maybe its Gods fault for not being real.

When society teaches God and the bible they are accused of lying and deciving, and maybe they are.

I dont think teaching youth to be fearful of God and if they do wrong God will send them to hell will stop anyone from murdering.

I do kind of think that teaching people to love would stop such attrocities.

I dont think society is going to teach love on a big scale, there is too much testosterone out there for that.

I watched bowling for Columbine in the past month. I dont think Michael Moore concluded why youths carry out massacres in school shootings in America but he did make some observations.

In Canada they have about as many guns per citizen as we do in the US. But they dont kill each other like they do here.

Detroit is murder city USA and across the lake in Windsor they maybe have a couple of murders a year. Of course there could be a very big argument that there are other factors involved.

One point Michael Moore made in Columbine is that in the US the media keeps the citizens in fear.

In Canada the citizens do not live in fear. In Canada everybody has craddle to grave health care.

In America many are in fear of not having health care.

Since W has been president he has created a boogie man and went to war with the boogie man and gotten his and our butts kicked by the boogie man. More fear.

When a population lives in fear some of them snap.

Those are some of the points I observed in Bowling for Columbine.

I think as long as we have the media, which is a constitutional right, freedom of the press and we have easy access by youth and mental deffectives to guns we will continue to have shootings.

I suspect the youth could steal guns. So even if they cant buy them, they can steal them over the course of months or a year or so.

I work in a jail. Youth break in to people houses and steal guns. People keep guns readily accesible in there houses. Many people do not keep their guns in a safe. They keep them under the couch, behind the curtain, in a drawer. People keep guns where they can get to them easily if they are intruded.

Gun collectors and maybe some hunters keep guns in a safe. People that have guns for protection keep them readily available.

If an intruder comes into your house and your gun is locked away your sol.

Also youth break into peoples cars to steal guns, In florida 3 out of 4 cars have guns in them. I dont know how it is in the rest of America.

I think youths and mental defectives will be able to get guns if and when they want. They dont need to go down to the gun shop. They just need to go into their neighbors home while they are at work.

And I'm not sure you have to be mentally defective to think life has no meaning or purpose.

And a lone waco could easily conceal any plans to do a mass killing.

So just like W created an immagenary boogie man in Iraq. We are creating a real boogie man in America.

Youth, Adults, people will get fed up and decide to make a statement and take as many out with them as they can and theres nothing we can do about it.

At least not as long as we have guns, televsion, radio, newspappers and the internet.

And if we got rid of guns who would protect us from Washington and the politicians?

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

again...the only person in a gun free zone is the crazy guy. Funny...Illinois has some of the most restrictive handgun laws in the US

~Hill

• Gregor
    Gregor

Just issue permits to let reponsible people carry concealed weapons. It's obvious.

• sweetface2233
    sweetface2233

Maybe while America is questioning it's healthcare system and why so many other countries have a better one, it should also examine it's gun laws, as I can't recall ever hearing of someone opening fire in a school or church other than in the US of A.

• Fadeout
    Fadeout

Attempting to further criminalize weapon possession is useless. The arguments are tired but absolutely true. Outlaw guns and only outlaws will have them. Think that someone willing to shoot up a school is going to be stopped by a LAW against getting a gun? "No but it'll make it harder." No it won't, because there are plenty of ways to get the goods illegally. Here's an undeniable fact... if the OTHER people in the schools had been armed, the carnage would have been far less severe. It is true I am advocating an armed society. But the alternative is what we have, the violent psychos have the power and the "normals" are weak and defenseless. Then they cry when exactly what you would expect to happen happens. Also there's that whole crazy "personal freedom" concept that someone put in our constitution. Hey, I figured this post was a quick way to gain some popularity. ;-) ::duck::

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit