Let's Limit Young People , or Crazies from Killing Each Other in Schools

by flipper 103 Replies latest jw friends

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

So Gregor are you suggesting that students should carry guns with them when attending college and bring them right into class ?

• Gregor
    Gregor

Homer,

After aquiring a weapon, receiving training and qualifying for a concealed carry permit, YES, for those who wish to be armed. They should be allowed to carry them into classes, etc. Please note, it is called a "concealed" carry permit. Guns must not be displayed (visible) or brandished (held in the hand in public.)

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Interesting thought , but it does kind of sound like a shoot out in the OK Carroll, with a possibility of a lot of unarmed students caught in the cross fire

how about a professionally armed security guard with the responsibility to look after just a few classes, the presence alone might deter the idea of

any violence.And wouldn't it be better to have a security professional that has been trained in shooting incidents in a campus environment.

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

OK, my last 2 cents on this issue.

First an observation. I have been to the US hundreds of times and not once have I seen anyone carrying a gun on the street (except for law enforcement). If anyone on the street saw someone with a weapon, I bet that a whole lot of people would panic and get law enforcement on the buggers case. No one needs to walk down a street, and enter a place of business or whatever with a loaded weapon.

Second. I was wondering where all the parents are in these cases? In our family I do watch over the kids from time to time and observe quietly. If I had noticed odd behaviour, I would attempt to correct it. That is what parents are supposed to do.

• Gregor
    Gregor

Interesting thought , but does kind of sound like a shoot out in the OK Carroll, with a possibility of a lot of unarmed students caught in the cross fire.

Would you prefer the current scenarios of methodical execution?

• sammielee24
    sammielee24
    Maybe while America is questioning it's healthcare system and why so many other countries have a better one, it should also examine it's gun laws, as I can't recall ever hearing of someone opening fire in a school or church other than in the US of A

It has happened in pretty well every single other country in the world - it happens the majority of the time in the USA however. Scotland had a kindergarten shot up, Canada had it's Montreal day massacre and I know that every other country has had at least one shooter, be it a mall or a school or anywhere else - I believe Australia had that guy that went bazooka's a few years back on tourists. The majority of the gun deaths like this however come from the USA as far a 'westernized' civilizations go. sammieswife.

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

Sorry Gregor but guns have no place is a school at all. What is it about Americans that says we MUST defend ourselves everywhere we go? Maybe that is why the US has the highest murder rate. Solve every problem by killing the opponent. Perhaps that is why you have so many heads of state shot. Kennedy (x2), Reagan, MLK. and many others.

Is that the only way one can solve differences? Pretty immature.

I could not live in a society with so much violence.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

What do you guys think about having better security at schools as a deterrent, as I mentioned in my previous post ?

• Layla33
    Layla33

Second. I was wondering where all the parents are in these cases? In our family I do watch over the kids from time to time and observe quietly. If I had noticed odd behaviour, I would attempt to correct it. That is what parents are supposed to do.

Another good point, family and parents working themselves to death or just not giving taking their responsibility to their children as a serious thought, certainly has something to do with it.

I think something else that needs to be addressed is how we deal with mental illness in this country. Since the disabilities act, it is not easy to treat someone against their will, force someone to take their medicine - which I agree with to an extent, but overall the health care industry in this country fails people with mental illness all the time. People do not receive the proper help they need and thus the self-medicate, easily find outlets of irrationality and this is part of the problem, as well.

• hillbilly
    hillbilly
    What is it about Americans that says we MUST defend ourselves everywhere we go? Maybe that is why the US has the highest murder rate. Solve every problem by killing the opponent. Perhaps that is why you have so many heads of state shot. Kennedy (x2), Reagan, MLK. and many others

Murder = defending oneself?

Self defense +murder rate?

Politcal assasination and common peoples abilty to provide for self defense?

You lost me there, best buddy.

Politicians (and many ant-gun celebs) have security details. Now and then even the pros drop the ball and a high profile client gets hit. MLK was a private citizen with a high profile. By the way...that American Nazi guy...Rockwell got wacked in '68 too. George Wallace took a shot... and that sorta straightened his anti-black butt out.

I really dont mind investing in my own self protection... if a Suburban full of Uzi packin' goons works for Stallone... my .38 doesnt seem out of line.

~Hill

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit