Crackdown on "sisters" volunteering at DCs

by dozy 106 Replies latest jw friends

• dinah
    dinah

If they could get away with it in American, they would run things like the Islamic countries.

Funny how women can't do anything, but gotta get those hours in!

• Open mind
    Open mind

Let a sister get a hold of one of these and there's no telling what will happen!

flashlights

Phallic fantasies and delusions of male power-grabbing are just a click of a button away!

Good to see the WT has a firm grip on this situation.

OM

• outofthebox
    outofthebox

What's next? Burkas?!!!

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

So because some men are too insecure about themselves, they have to get rid of all the women who might be able to do something better than them. And the whole parking attendant thing is rediculously stupid. They don't need people out there to tell others where to park. Just put up the barricades to block certain areas off - you don't see parking "attendants" at any other large event, where the most complicated job is waving a hundred times one way and then a hundred times the other way.

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles
    The Watchtower is a top-down power structure.

The only authority woman can have is that over children.

Yeah, but for how long? Pretty soon they might get some "New Light" .... baptized male minors should not obey their mothers, but only their fathers. In homes of single mothers or unbelieving husbands, the baptized male minor will be assigned to a male brother in his respective congregation.

• DT
    DT

I used to be a ministerial servant in very small congregations and was always handling the microphones. There were times when I would handle one mic for the entire hall, run the soundbox and be the reader. I went back for a visit and was surprised to see a sister handle the mic. At first I was a little scandalised, then I thought why not? What's the big deal if a sister hands a mic to someone? It might give some people a chance to sit down once in a while.

If I were a witness and a sister pointed to a parking spot, I would think she is being helpful. Now the WTS has to reinterpret it so it's seen as disrespect for the headship arrangement. How proud do you have to be to be offended at someone pointing to a parking spot?

I just think they are emphasising issues of submission to make everyone more compliant.

• JAVA
    JAVA

This is unbelievable. When will the blind-cult followers see again--what more does it take?

• metatron
    metatron

I hope and pray that President Hillary taxes their a$$!

metatron

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

I thought the head covering only applied when they were handling spiritual matters?

Why would they apply it to helping with parking..isn't that kind of stretching the scriptures?

I hope they never have to get operated on by a Female Doctor...

Snoozy..who saw them have the "Young boys direct traffic before..they felt so important..

ps..edited to add: Wouldn't it be scary if the so called "Head Law "applied to everyone? We would be at the mercy of some idiot Dr instead of a qualified one. Just because he was a he.

Some idiot teacher instead of a more qualified woman teacher..and so on.

• dawg
    dawg

Silence women! Women should learn in silence.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit