Crackdown on "sisters" volunteering at DCs

by dozy 106 Replies latest jw friends

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

When will JW women wake up to this blatant discrimination and misogynist organisation; it makes my blood boil and cannot understand why people just accept it. Its obvious that JW women are conditioned into believing that submission, obedience and other similar words which are misused to exercise male domination, are acceptable.

Its no surprise that the feminist movement is the spawn of satan as far as the organisation is concerned - most of the elders would be tarred and feathered by any self respecting woman.

G

• cognac
    cognac

What a bunch of crap...

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

That was always hard for me to take how women were treated back in bible days and now. Ya know I've met so many "Worldly People" and they have relationships that I don't see many witnesses have. Like...sharing household responsibilities, cooking together,doing things with the kids together & just alot of 50/50 stuff and not its just one sided. I think thats so cool!

• Gill
    Gill

It is very easy for people to fall into and remain in an abusive relationship be it with a spouse, a boss, a religion...generally people are afraid of change and fear consequences.

Hardly surprising that women who are continually told that they are spiritually inferior to a man, be it husband, father , elder, brother, are brainwashed into accepting the tyranny that others would balk at.

I look at my mother, cousins (female) and see how abused they are by their male relatives in one way or another even if it is just that they are viewed as incapable of KH responsibilities, expected to respect anything with a penis as superior to themselves and it still makes me sad for them.

BUT, as I said in a earlier post, this post of dozy's has still made me laugh.....a lot!

Perhaps it will help to wake some JWs up from their nightmare. How many times you kick a sleep walking person in the head before they wake up to reality? This may be on of those very helpful 'kicks'!

• Scully
    Scully

This was one of the reasons that I just couldn't stomach being a woman in the organization any more. I stated my intention to go to nursing school to an Elder's Wife™, and said something along the lines of volunteering to work in First Aid at the conventions.

At the next meeting, the Elder™ whose wife I spoke to took me aside and told me in no uncertain terms, that if I did become a nurse and if I did volunteer my services in the First Aid department at conventions, not to get my hopes up about being in charge, because there was someone already in that position.... a Pioneer™ Brother™ who cleaned offices at night. I inquired about his credentials to provide First Aid, whether he was trained to do CPR at a professional level or whether he was trained to recognize a medical emergency. Basically I was told that it was none of my business, and that anybody could call 911 in a real emergency.

That's when I decided there was no way in hell that I was going to become professionally liable in the event that some untrained bozo was going to tell me what to do that went contrary to my training.

• belbab
    belbab

Scully,

Basically I was told that it was none of my business, and that anybody could call 911 in a real emergency.

That's when I decided there was no way in hell that I was going to become professionally liable in the event that some untrained bozo was going to tell me what to do that went contrary to my training

. The WATCHTOWER does not really want trained people in first aid. They want to avoid liability. Call 911 is their programmed agenda. If they wanted to establish a legitimate first aid station at the assemblies they would advertise it, have arrows pointed to first aid etc.

Not only have male window washers and parking attendants been brain washed into believing that knowledgeable "sisters" must be in subjection, but even the sisters themselves have been conned. The WT is using sisters in subjection as an excuse to cover up nefarious actions on their part.

Woman are more sympathetic, kind and considerate. If they see some hurt or in pain then they will act. They teach their male hounders to be hard, stimulate their testosterone, because they do not want to become liable for injured attendees at assemblies. They want the public at large to handle any accidents etc.

I could go on and on, but .....

Regarding parking lots.

Here is a section of the JW lawyer, Kaempf, interviewing Leanna Morley (married name Stone) in the court case, Leanna Morley v. WATCHTOWER. He is trying to find out whether Leanna, was molested anywhere not on church property, then that info would be used to perhaps show that she was a slut, seeking occasions whenever and wherever. IMHO.

This is only a segment of the entire interview.

NOVEMBER 30, 2005
    LEANNA STONE Multi-Page
    STONE V. JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES

5 BY-MR. KAEMPF: (Continuing)
    6 Q. Other than whatever you said before about
    7 the parking lot at the Kingdom Hall in Albany, was
    8 there ever a time where Mr. Serjeant sexually molested
    9 you on church property?
    .0 A. I don't know, if you could rephrase that.
    11 Do you mean church activities or church
    12 property?
    13 Q. Right now I want to talk about physically on
    4 church property. You've told me that it occurred a
    5 certain number of times in the church parking lot at
    6 the Kingdom Hall in Albany.
    17 A. Yes.
    18 Q. Was there ever any other occasion where 9 Mr. Serjeant abused you on any church property?
    ii Q. Tell me about that.
    22 A. At the assemblies.
    23 Q. What assemblies?
    24 A. They have assemblies every year.
    25 Q. Where? __ __________
    Page 38
    1 A. In Tacoma, Washington.
    2 Q. Did you travel with Mr. Serjeant up to
    3 Tacoma?
    4 A. NO.
    5 Q. How did you get to Tacoma?
    6 A. With my parents.
    7 Q. And how old were you when you went to these
    8 various assemblies in Tacoma?
    9 A. I've gone my whole life. Well, till I was
    10 14.
    11 Q. Were they once a year?
    12 A. Yes.
    13 Q. And how many times did Mr. Serjeant abuse
    14 you up at the assemblies in Tacoma?
    15 A. I can't tdl you that. I don't know how
    16 many times.
    17 Q. Once or more than once?
    18 A. More than once.
    19 Q And was this during that same nine-year
    20 window you told us about from about age 5 to age 14?
    21 A. Yes.
    22 Q. And up in Tacoma, physically where did it
    23 happen?
    24 A. It happened at the Tacoma Dome.
    Page 39
    1 A. In the parking lot.
    2 Q. In a car?
    3 A. In a van.
    4 Q. Was anybody else in the van besides the two
    5 ofyou?
    6 A. No.
    7 Q. When the abuse happened in the parking lot
    8 of the Kingdom Hall in Albany, was it also in a car?
    9 A. What?
    10 Q. Was h in a car or in a van when it happened
    11 at the Kingdom Hall parking lot in Albany?
    12 A. He only had a van.
    13 Q. Was it the same van in Albany in the parking
    14 lot as well as the Tacoma Dome?
    15 A. Yes.
    16 Q. And was anybody else in the van at that
    17 time?
    18 A. No.
    19 Q. Where were your parents at the time? Let's
    20 start with Tacoma.
    21 Do you know what they were doing when he was
    22 alone with you in this van in the Tacoma Dome parting
    23 lot?
    24 A. No. They were at the assembly somewhere.
    25 Q. So with the Tacoma situation, do I________
    25 Q. Where in the Tacoma Dome?

Page 40
    1 understand inside the Tacoma Dome, the assembly
    2 meeting, we'll call it, was going on, but Mr. Serjeant
    3 got you out in a van in the parking lot, and that's
    4 where he sexually molested you?
    5 A. No.
    6 Q. Tell me what happened.
    7 A. It's over a period of days, the assembly is,
    8 and there was some breaks in between for lunch and
    9 things like that where you eat So it wasn't actually
    10 during the assembly itself. It was during the breaks of the assembly.
    12 Q. All of the abuse up in Tacoma was during the
    13 breaks in the assembly?
    14 A. Yes.
    15 Q. In the Tacoma Dome parking lot?
    16 A. Yes.
    17 Q. Now, in the Kingdom Hall parking lot in
    18 Albany, it was in the van, correct?
    19 A. Yes.
    20 Q. And this was before you would go in to
    21 attend a church meeting?
    22 A. Yes,
    23 Q. Was there ever any other time, other than
    !4 what you've told me about in Tacoma and then in Albany,
    25 where the abuse by Mr. Serjeant occurred on what you
    Page 41
    1 contend to be church property?
    2 A. Not on the church property.
    3 Q. Was all the other abuse by him at his home?
    4 A. No.
    5 Q. Other than his home, Tacoma Dome parking
    6 lot, and the Kingdom Hall parking tot in Albany, where
    7 else did Mr. Serjeant abuse you?
    8 A. In the van when we were supposed to be going
    9 witnessing to people.
    10 Q. Is this when people in the church will
    11 sometimes go door to door and things like that in
    12 neighborhoods?
    13 A. Yes.
    14 Q. And what city were you in when that abuse
    15 occurred hi the van?
    16 A. Albany.
    17 Q. Tell me about Mr. Serjeam's role with you
    18 when you were out doing what you refer to as "the
    19 service, * when you say mat he was also abusing you in
    20 the van.
    21 Why was it that he was the person out doing
    22 that with you?
    23 And what I'm asking you, LeAnna. if it's
    24 okay if I call you LeAnna, explain the church to me a
    25 little bit in terms of what he was out doing vrith you ___
    Page 42
    1 at that time.
    2 A. The ministerial servants, the people that
    3 you go out and service with.
    4 Q. When you say, "you go out and service with,"
    5 what do you mean "service"?
    6 A. Witnessing people, going door to door.
    7 Q. How often did you do that with Mr. Serjeant?
    8 A. I can't recall.
    9 Q. Was this during the period of time between
    10 the ages of 5 to 14 when he was abusing you?
    11 A. Yes.
    12 Q. And all the times in the van when you were
    13 out doing the service and witnessing to people, that
    14 would have all been in the area of Albany, Oregon?
    15 A. Yes.
    16 Q. Other than Tacoma, the Kingdom Hall parking
    17 lot in Albany, Mr. Serjeam's home, and then in his van
    18 when you were out doing the service and witnessing, as
    19 you said, were there any other places dial Mr. Serjeant
    20 abused you?
    21 A. Yes. it was in his van again, but it was in
    22 California.
    23 Q. And how old were you at that time,
    24 approximately?
    25 A. Fourteen; 13 or 14. ___
    Page 37-Page 42

Moore Henderson Alien & Thomas (503)226-3313 101 SW Main Street, Suite 280, Portlan^fbR 97204
    10 A. Yes.
    11 Q. And the oral sex, then, went on for about
    12 two years until the molestation stopped?
    13 A. Yes.
    14 Q. And how often would you perform on! sex on
    15 Mr. Serjeant?
    16 A. A lot I can't be sure how much, but a lot
    17 between those two years.
    18 Q. Could we say that for that two-year period
    19 it was multiple times per month?
    20 A. Yes.
    21 Q. Was it upsetting to you at the time to have
    22 to perform oral sex on Mr. Serjeant?
    23 A. Yet, it was upsetting.
    24 Q. Why was it upsetting to you at the time that
    25 began when you were 12 years old?

belbab, no further comment, let the words speak for themselves.

• Mary
    Mary
    The WTS has sent a letter to all Convention overseers expressing their increasing concern at sisters "directing brothers" at district conventions. With immediate effect (ie for DC 2008), sisters are no longer to be used as volunteers in Parking and Security / Watchman departments. Any sisters volunteering in other departments (eg toilet cleaning) must be subordinate & follow the direction of appointed brothers.

Gosh----this sounds so reasonable to me that I'm thinking of re-joining!

This move will put a huge burden on the DCs in my area - nearly half the volunteers for parking are sisters and there aren't enough volunteers as it is. The sisters that I know are really upset by the news - volunteering at assemblies was one of the very few things they are allowed to do in the truth.

Well, I've never seen sisters in my area out there directing traffic or in Security, but obviously it's happening in some areas or the geritol gang at Crooklyn would never have bothered to write the letter. While it might be argued by some that it's not wise to have an untrained sister in Security for safety reasons, we all know that the real issue at hand is that they do not want any women in the Organization telling any man what to do. The GB has admitted over and over again that they are a bunch of neandrathal, chauvanistic goombas and that women are nothing but "hens", "cows in heat" and are to be "in subjection to the man", end of story.

I really hope this puts a huge dent in the "volunteering" area for the ASSemblies. Maybe the Governing Body members themselves could walk the corridors and dark parking lots. I'd certainly support that arrangment.

• Mary
    Mary

I just read this part:

21 Q. Was it upsetting to you at the time to have
    22 to perform oral sex on Mr. Serjeant?
    23 A. Yet, it was upsetting.
    24 Q. Why was it upsetting to you at the time that
    25 began when you were 12 years old?

Ya----I can't imagine why a 12 year old would be upset at being forced to perform oral sex on a grown man that calls himself a Christian.

I can't believe this brain-dead lawyer even asked this question!

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

This 'subjection' issue was one of the issues that arose in my eventual departure. I mean, how far would they *really* push this???

For many years, I worked in the Auditing Department at the Dodger Stadium DC's. Then, for some reason that I don't know or remember, there was a shift in oversight/management. Suddenly there were a whole bunch of newbies and one of the head guys was an elder in my congregation. Since he was brand new to this department, he asked me to explain to him just what specifically we had done for the past umpteen years. He even had me quasi-oversee two tables.

At the time I managed a busy dental practice and brought my printing calculator from work to the DC. Only 'brothers' were allowed to be 'counters' and I gladly loaned my calculator to the counting table. There was this one young pr*ck @ss guy that got his hands on my calculator. He banged the hell out of the keys and couldn't figure out how to get a sub-total. Two or three times I attempted to show or explain how it worked but he quickly dismissed me. I started to get into an argument with him but my elder friend suggested I just let it go. The young guy was just being a twit. (and he wouldn't be invited back next year)

After a day and a half of this arrogant, misogynistic behaviour on the part of the twit, I walked over to the table, unplugged the calculator and set it in my car for the rest of the DC. Problem solved.

The 'pr*ck @ss twit brother' had to find something else to do and I think that was my last DC. I had already been having 'issues' with the organization and this one really helped spark something in me. I ran a million-dollar business, managed 13 employees and gave (basic) advice to doctors who looked to me for advice, but this dimwit twit was too haughty to listen to how to operate *MY* damn calculator.

-Aude.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Well during the week while you did all that business stuff he managed to operate a mop and squeegee just FINE so why would he need YOUR advice?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit