Crackdown on "sisters" volunteering at DCs

by dozy 106 Replies latest jw friends

• evita
    evita

Lollipop - thank you for sharing your story.

An elder's wife once told me she would always consider me a "girl", not a "woman" until I was married. At the time I was 21, working and sharing an apartment with another JW and temp. pioneering. This was said to me at the wedding of a young (17 and 18) couple. Now that this "girl" was married she was to be considered a "woman" while I was merely a child.

I'm so glad she said this to me. I had been having doubts for years but was afraid to leave. Now I became afraid to stay!
    I realized that I would always remain marginalized unless I had the great good fortune to marry into a prominent family.
    Right then it became very clear how limited my personal choices were under the JW system and how small-minded so many of them were.

• crazycate
    crazycate

This must be a joke, right? I've never seen sisters in parking lot detail. They never would've been considered would they? We can't carry microphones, how could we park cars?

However, I once was allowed to direct sisters to the appropriate stall to pee in. At the district conventions, there was a problem with long lines at the women's restrooms. Naturally, the brothers decided this was because women were too stupid to discern that the next stall was open. Therefore, some of us were assigned as "Restroom Attendants." We stood at the front of the line and when a stall opened up, we ushered the next sister into the stall.

Think that's the funny part? Sorry, no. The funny part was that for awhile we wore an attendant's badge under our name badge. It just said, "Attendant." Then, some brother decided that we were usurping the brothers' roles and changed the tag to "restroom." I loved walking around with my name tag with the label "restroom" under it!

Cate

PS Who remembers when the mirrors in the women's restrooms were covered over with brown paper to keep us from spending all that valuable time "primping?"

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Oh my gods, I DO remember the mirrors being covered up with brown paper and tape, CrazyCate! How awful, I had *almost* forgotten about that one. Sheesh Louise. Un-freakin' believable.

I remember distinctly having something in my eye and running into the restroom to a mirror so I could get the fleck out of my eye... and then REALIZING... thankfully someone else had ALREADY torn a corner of the paper away. I remember feeling like I was doing something bad because I was using the mirror...

What unbelievable control freak morons.

• crazycate
    crazycate

Well, us broads are so vain you know...

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

"expressing their increasing concern at sisters "directing brothers" at district conventions." - I can think of some directions I could give the 'brothers.' Go to ... or go ***** yourself...or blow it out your ### or let's see, I have a sharp stick here, bend over.

• worf
    worf

"I have a real hard time believing that I was a witness for 25ish years and never beat the holy living f#ck out of some of these people. I remember just laughing it off and rolling my eyes (or making smart ass comments) but now it doesnt seem stupidly funny to me like it did then. When I read something like this it literally makes me want to just go to the local hall with a baseball bat and wade right in. It's like reading about the latest Muslim bull$hit to me... "

This post also gave me a Klingon belly laugh!

Thanks mkr32208.

Worf

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974
    I can't believe this brain-dead lawyer even asked this question!

Probably wanted to establish whether or not the twelve year old had committed fornication when she gave the elder the blow job!

Sick bastards!

Gary

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit