Crackdown on "sisters" volunteering at DCs

by dozy 106 Replies latest jw friends

• Honesty
    Honesty

Further thoughts - this has been a growing trend at assemblies. A couple of years ago the visiting Bethel rep insisted on his tour that all sisters took off their "tabards" that identified them as volunteers , including the sisters that worked as care-givers with the elderly & disabled. This caused mass confusion with the delegates and a couple of sisters walked off in disgust. He also wanted the sisters in parking to do so , but the head of the department refused , as the sisters had to wear bright yellow reflective tabards for health & safety reasons. The brother was reprimanded and told that Jehovah's law supercedes Caeser's law. The brother dug in & refused the request - unsurprisingly he was quietly removed and replaced after the assembly.

The sisters in parking were also informed that they could only direct traffic if standing beside or behind a brother , but not on their own. They could only stand bolt upright and were unable to point the direction cars were to go unless a driver stopped to ask directions.

Bizarre.....

Dumba.... Never mind. It's not worth the time it takes to type out where their brains reside.

• yumbby
    yumbby

I was always really offended when we'd meet for service and the only baptized brother there was 11 and he held the meeting over the women, many elderly. It was insulting to be directed and questioned by a little kid.

• bert
    bert

How many times can they shoot themselves in the foot ? Cut off their own nose to spite their face? Is the Watchtower one of its own worst enemies? Seems so to me. I see the old ones falling for this,but where do they imagine the new ones are coming from? Selling off the real estate is a prelude to despairation.

• Layla33
    Layla33
    I have a real hard time believing that I was a witness for 25ish years and never beat the holy living f#ck out of some of these people. I remember just laughing it off and rolling my eyes (or making smart ass comments) but now it doesnt seem stupidly funny to me like it did then. When I read something like this it literally makes me want to just go to the local hall with a baseball bat and wade right in. It's like reading about the latest Muslim bull$hit to me...

This post made me laugh out loud. Thank you!

• loosie
    loosie
    they could only direct traffic if standing beside or behind a brother

you know what they say 'behind every good man is a surprised woman."

They need to read genisis again. it says both man and woman were created in God's image. NOT man was created in god's image and woman was created in man's image.

what a bunch of dumb asses

• loosie
    loosie
    This only makes sense if the requirement is to direct traffic with a penis.

Well what do you think they are going to direct traffic with?!?!?!!?

• Gill
    Gill

Love it! Only the WT could come out with such a load of manure!

As to Belbab's point that 'they' might be afraid a sexual assault take place in the car park, and they be responsible for it, why don't they just ban women from the KH's full stop as sexual assaults have also taken place in Kingdom Halls!

Basically, they are legally responsible for all the tripe they spew, but call yourself a religion and you can spew as much tripe as you want and get away with it!

Great post, Dozy! It's certainly made me laugh and wonder what goes through the minds of JW women who continue to put up with such abuse!

• zeroday
  • Trevanian
    Trevanian

So let's say Brother and Sister T host the bookstudy in their home.

May Sister T show people where to park?

May Sister T welcome people into her entrance hallway and show them were they can sit?

May Sister T direct the others to where they can find the coffee and sugar and apple-pie for post-bookstudy association?

My brain is knotted just thinking about these highly spiritual questions.

• LoverOfTruth
    LoverOfTruth

I've never understood the big deal about Brothers handling a Mike. I guess it made them feel Manly and In Control.

It's no wonder I didn't make it as a JW; I grew up with brothers and learned how to do my own Plumbing using a torch and run a variety of Power tools. I pitched a fit years ago when they wouldn't let sisters help with the building of a new Kingdom Hall in our area. All we were permitted to do was cook for the men. The elders told my husband to keep me under control. LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit