What inspired your avatar and your screen name?

by Princess Daisy Boo 94 Replies latest jw friends

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

My little sisters name means "bumble bee" and I made a song up that I used to sing to her when she was little (I spoiled her sooooo much! lol).

"Xxxxxxx is my little Bumble Bee, I love her and she loves me."

My avatar changes from time to time. Right now it is a pencil sketch from a photo.

BB

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

Screen name is my daughter's real name. Got it from a science fiction book of short stories called Omnibus when I was 16. Tatiana was a vampire.

My avatar right now is of Prince. And it's not because I like him anymore. He's a hypocrite and he's trying to sue to have all his pics from before he became a JW removed from the Internet . The latest "model" he's chosen for his new video has so many nude pics of herself, you can't remember her face. Money buys you lots of privileges in the borg.

• Mincan
    Mincan

I've always thought it a lovely name, but no one uses those century old names anymore. Like where the hell is the name Emmeline, Tatiana, Beatrice, Madaleine, etc

• Tatiana
    Tatiana
    I've always thought it a lovely name

Me too. The first time I saw it in the book, I thought it was the most beautiful name I'd ever heard. I had names picked out for my kids long before I had them. Gabriel, Dominic, Sterling. Guess it's good that I had three boys after her, huh?

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

Avatar - Because i am 6ft 3in and at the time i first registered i was 19 stone (266llbs) - today i am 15.5 stone (217llbs). I have been described as the size of a gorilla. But the thing i like about gorillas is that although they can be intimidating, they look after their own and are gentle to there families. Someone once asked, i think it was on this board what animal you would liken yourself to, i answered a gorilla.

As for my name digderidoo. I love the didgeridoo and the sound of it. When i registered i spelt it wrong! Took me ages to log on again the next time i visited JWD and had to browse through my posts for ages before i realised my mistake!

Paul

• Caedes
    Caedes

My current avatar is of Hobbes (from the cartoon strip Calvin and Hobbes) mainly because I like Calvin's alter ego and his view of life. I also like that Hobbes is the brains out of the two of them.

The best thing about my avatar though, is that, it is what made Mrs Caedes decide to message me on this board! Hurrah!

Someone else had the same idea as me for a pseudonym, mine is also named after the effect I have on threads...in Latin.

• faundy
    faundy

I'm obsessed with Narnia and wanted the name Faun but someone had already taken it. I changed it to Faundy because nobody had that and I was in a hurry so it stuck.

The pic is me. It's not how I look now, I'm much uglier.

• erynw
    erynw

I am a geek and nerd.

Bunsen Honeydew is my hero.

• mentalclearness
    mentalclearness

well my screen name I didn´t put a whole lot of thought into. I thought of something fast and I guess my goal was to achieve some sort of mental clarity after all the years of doctrinization.... My first avatar was princess mononoke from famous japanese animation movie about a warrior princess. I liked it because she was very childlike and vulnerable looking but extremely fierce and strong. Guess i identified with that. I also liked it because she had the blood dripping from her knife, in one scene she sucks venom out of this wolf type creature and I found it kind of funny because blood is dripping from her face..I found it ironic...and I also have a sick and twisted minded at times.....ha!!!

the current avatar is a picture of the snow capped andes mountain..I forgot exactly which one....but i´m in a calmer place right now than when i first started the forum......

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29

Faundy, your pic is cute.

Brinjen-

so I was given an Aboriginal name also. It means "water lillies".

So Brin, your aboriginee name is "Lotus". That's kinda hot and all Bhuddist-y.

My Avatar is a cowboy because when I was little I dressed cowboy. I didn't have shoes until the third grade, up till then I wore cowboy boots and western shirts. The last time I was shped right to dress cowboy --and have it look good-- I was 21 and just had lost weight from having my jaws wired shut for a few weeks. That was done to correct orthodontic issues.

Plus I just think cowboys are sexy. So are boxers/boxer briefs.

My name, is the character in a SciFI/Fantasy series by Terry Brooks. The Dark Uncle, Walker Boh. I like him.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit