What inspired your avatar and your screen name?

by Princess Daisy Boo 94 Replies latest jw friends

• moshe
    moshe

I was crazy Doc Browm from back to the future- how I wish I could have gone back in time and somehow stopped that JW Bible study from happening- then I realized how great my present wife is and what a sweetheart of a daughter we have that we adopted from Russia- I have no regrets anymore-

Now, I am Sweeney Todd- just to remind the JW lurkers from Bethel that when they screw over an ex-JW who just wants to quietly leave and then you destroy his family, that just maybe one of them could be crazy enough to exercise a payback in a manner that could be hazardous to your health!

added:- and the Hazsard-style pepper spray in the face stuff would be getting off easy.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Skeeter - that's redneck for mosquito.

There are alot of those in my neck of the woods. They suck the blood right out of you. Just like the Borg.

They are also proof that Jehovah intended for blood tranfusions.

Blood - that was the final blow for me to leave the Borg's last hold on me.

Skeeter1 - I was watching President Bush take off on Air Force 1. Skeeter + 1. Skeeter1.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

well I think Rachel Ray is gorgeous and she can cook too. And I am Still A JW ex Elder

• LtCmd.Lore
    LtCmd.Lore

My name, LtCmd.Lore is due to my love of Star Trek.

I was going to just go with 'Lore'... (Lore is an evil but really cool android.) But I figured the name 'Lore' was too generic and was probably already taken elsewhere on the internet. I don't wish to be confused with other people, so I made my name longer and went with LtCmd.Lore so there was no chance of me taking someone elses screenname.

Later I realized I misspelled the abbreviation for Commander, which SHOULD be 'Cdr'. But it was too late.

FYI, I prefer to be called 'Lore' instead of 'LtCmd' as a lot of people seem to do.

I am not in anyway affiliated with the military, or starfleet. The title is purely fictional.

The avatar is modeled after a character named 'Seed' in a videogame called 'Rogue galaxy'. He was a brilliant, genetically engineered superhuman. With excellent control of his emotions.... He was my favorite character in the game.

I like the mask and the character, so I designed his mask in 3D and use it for stuff. I'm just pretending that's what I look like until I can reveal my REAL picture. )

altalt

The Icon in the top left is the Hacker Emblem. Hacker EmblemIt shows that I support the Hacker Ethic: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hacker_ethic

The Pink ribbon in the bottom left shows my concern, support, and good wishes for breast cancer sufferers.

Lore - W.W.S.D?

• Evidently
    Evidently

I chose Evidently becuase it was a word that the WTBTS used just before they were going to stretch the truth, mis-quote a source or try and make a point that wasn't even accurate.

My avatar is Mustafa from the Austin Powers movie and he was pretty funny in the movie.....no other reason.

Speaking of screen names and avatars, anyone know what happened to Sweetstuff?????

• memario
    memario

Well my work crew call me Mario because I look like Mario brothers Super Mario so why not memario as Mario was already takenMy avitar is me on my bike *itchin for spring*

mem

• cognac
    cognac

Looked up - that was the first thing I saw.

Got to name Hypnotic screename ~ so I just picked something that went with me.

Kind of reminds me of her and I ~ night on the town causing trouble... lol

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

when I first signed up the screen name was a typo sankesinthetower...and I got all the usual sanka coffee jokes. after awhile, I was able to persuade someone to fix it.

as to the original (and now corrected) snakesinthetower... it is partly a take off of "Snakes On a Plane" (a "horror" movie I still havent seen)..and partly because at the time I was just leaving the Borg and I would be considered by them as a Snake in their tower... and of course...I think that the entire GB are a bunch of snakes in the watchtower.

My original avatar was a snake... it creeped a lot of people out...(effect intended at the time).... a couple of months ago I dropped off the JWD radar for a bit and stripped most of my info off my profile, including the avatar.... I have since replaced the snake with a picture of a sunset in Arkansas that I took back in October when I visited with purplesofa, RF, and LRG.

The current sunset avatar now is a bit more calming than the snake...and reflects a more serene place I am at since I stopped attending Meetings altogether...

Snakes ()

• oompa
    oompa

I LOVE comedy and odd humor, and even slapstick.......I have seen dumb and dumber many times!...That oompa loompa character creeped me out in Willy Wonka Chocolate Factory.....the one with Johnny Depp, and I had to give up my original name since my wife and dad ratted me out to the elders for being here!.......so oompa

• jefferywhat
    jefferywhat

My picture is of a little kid walking around with a consolation advert selling magazines at about two years of age, it reminds me of me when I was that age.

Name, not sure.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit