What inspired your avatar and your screen name?

by Princess Daisy Boo 94 Replies latest jw friends

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

A play on Sacrificial Lamb, and my avatar is from Rush's album 2112.

• startingover
    startingover

I chose my screen name because that's exactly what I felt I was doing when I found JWD. The avatar was chosen because lots of people tell me that's who I look like.

• Mincan
    Mincan

Rush's 2112.

Damn straight, my favourite album of Rush, the 2112 Suite is awesome, im going to play it now. memario and BB heard it on our drive down to Ohio.

• Micky4321
    Micky4321

Avatar is a picture of my kitty. Then my screen name is similar to my real name it's sort of a nick name people use for someone with my name but it's never been my nickname so no one would know who I was.

• sweetface2233
    sweetface2233

hee hee

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Damn straight, my favourite album of Rush, the 2112 Suite is awesome, im going to play it now.

w00t!

• Gopher
    Gopher

Princess Daisy Boo -- I didn't read your post till now, and I see you called me out!

So, um ... well ...

Back in 2001 a lot of people on the board had taken names of animals as their poster name. Since I live in Minnesota AKA the Gopher state, I took Gopher as my board name. (Also there was a Gopher on the old Love Boat TV series, and I thought he was kind of funny.)

I'm not really that old (yet). My current avatar is my picture, taken in the Harkin General Store near New Ulm, Minnesota. It's an 1860's vintage store/museum, near the setting for the old TV show Little House on the Prairie. In the picture I am wearing a Charles Ingalls-type hat.

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy
    Damn straight, my favourite album of Rush, the 2112 Suite is awesome, im going to play it now.

w00t!

WOOT WOOT

2112 - one of the best of all time...OF ALL FREAKIN TIME!

• brinjen
    brinjen

My current avatar is kind of a gift from our favourite rat friend, JH. It was the picture he edited for the 'Harlots of JWD' Calendar (I'm Hardlot May and damn proud of it too).

My screen name, I've had a few pm's asking me this. It's also my Aboriginal name. My parents were living on a settlement at the time I was born, so I was given an Aboriginal name also. It means "water lillies". It's also very unique so I never have any trouble when I sign up anywhere...

• new boy
    new boy

Well since you asked...here goes...

A "New Boy" is what they call the newbies at Bethel....The guys that just didn't know what was really going on.....you know the dumb shits...but, no one stays dumb forever...in fact you find out even at Bethel that...

If it looks like "shit" and smells like "shit" and taste like "shit"...When the light blub flashes on over your head....Then you my friend are no longer a "new boy"

Which we have all been....No?

My avatar is me in a WW II German Luffwaffe uniform....

After leaving the borg I got into Medaphsical studies...I know believe in reincarnation...and know for a fact I was a Nazis poliot in W W II. (among other things)

Hay you asked...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit