What inspired your avatar and your screen name?

by Princess Daisy Boo 94 Replies latest jw friends

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

My avatar is a picture of my daughter. My forum name is coffee_black because I love coffee, and I drink it black.

Coffee

• DJK
    DJK

My avatar is Cloud Strife an anime video and video game character. My heroin, imaginary yes, but some believe in God and I can't.

DJK are three of four of my initials mixed up. The missing initial was my schizo half who commited suicide in 79. (figuratively speaking) I wrote a story on it called "The ninth week", it ends much like the movie "The sixth sense".

• Leolaia
  • babygirl75
    babygirl75

My avatar's always consist of some type of fairy. I change it from time to time. I've always liked fairies & butterflies.

My screen name is one of the nicknames my husband and some of his buddies have always called me. The 75 was added, because the name was already used, so I added '75 since that is the year I was born. Also has some significance in the failed date with the borg!

babygirl....

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

Tuesday was the first meeting I missed. My avatar is from a comic Angst Boy which is about a kid that everyone just keeps telling him to cheer up, he'll usually list reasons why he's depressed right afterward.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

my avatar is a logo done for my band by merrymagdelene

the band is called the irony...which comes from my moniker tijkmo explained below....

my favourite band for a long time now is called Marillion...not big in usa...bigger in uk and bigger still in europe...i'm sure that the songwriter had been through something similar to myself as many of the songs reflect the exact same feelings and frustrations as me..and many a night i would put on a cd and cry myself to sleep....one of my all time favourite lines in a song..which i wish id written is- When you list all the qualities that you despise..and you realise..you're describing yourself...

Anyway on an album called-Holidays in Eden-(sic)..there is a song called-100 nights- and one verse reads this way:-

They invite me to their gatherings

In the finer parts or town

They seem attracted to my indifference

The Irony Just Knocks Me Out........which = T.I.J.K.M.O

My bestest friend and i used to say this to each other all the time whenever something ironic happened..he was a younger version of me and we were both fascinated by the eccentricities of the english language...aswell as having so many other things in common..music sport meeting parts quick builds etc etc.....and this is especially poignant as someone spread a horrible rumour that we had engaged in homosexual activity (sorry you alternative lifestylers....but it just wasnt true and is therefore slanderous)..and the elders chose to believe not the rumour because they knew that wasnt true but that i had started it in an attempt to distract from my own misdemeanours...how sad is that...well not as sad as my friend choosing to believe it too......god i miss him

So there you have it...bit of an anti-climax eh

How many anti-climaxes does it take to change a light bulb.............................................one

anyway a classic example of tijkmo is this conversation i had with my mother when she said i was on the road to becoming a victim of the devil because i couldnt get over the way i had been treated...i said-think about this....the devil told me he was out to get me..he didnt try to hide that..he was going to keep tempting me until i succombed.....j. told me i wouldnt be tempted beyond what i could bear but i would be shown a way out..and even if i made a mistake i would be forgiven on the basis of repentance and i would never be abandoned but i would be helped by a loving organization with kind merciful princes ruling for justice itself.....so i asked...who told the truth

Her response...well you cant have been truly repentant

tijkmo

• Mincan
    Mincan

Mincan was a character in a short story I wrote at about the age of 12ish. It was science fiction and historical fiction and romance.

Anyway, when I first started having access to the internet around that age 12 and 13, I used it as a username because it was so unique I was always gauranteed no one would have it. It's easy as hell to remember, but it seems a lot of people either make the the mistake of spelling it Mincam or Minican or some other non-sense. For the record, it's pronounced Mink (like the animal) -in. Minkin. Spelled Mincan. The characters name was actually Mincan Two, and the story was titled "The Desalite Named Mincan Two". The two in his name was because he was the second sentient android taken into the house of Mincan on his home planet. His adopted family's name was Mincan.

Anyway...

My first avatar here was a Praying Mantis, because they are one of my favourite creatures, other than African penguins.

Now it's "just" me because certain people think I should be more showy-offy about myself and find some lovin'.

That is all.

• 5go
    5go

My love of anime.

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

I chose momzcrazy because that's what my kids always say. I tell them it's their fault.

I like to have faeries in my avatars because I believe in them, dragons and unicorns too. My fairy is green because I thought St. Patty's day was sooner than March. But llbh said he liked it so I am keeping it.

momz

• Awakened07
    Awakened07

I had my awakening from WBTS doctrine etc. as I came here, so it was a natural handle to choose. In addition to obviously being a pun on Awake!.

The avatar came from a simple Google image search. Looks like he's pretty 'awake'.

It will probably seem ironic to some that I as an atheist chose 'Awakened' as a handle and some spiritual looking avatar, but the main meaning was that I awakened from the WBTS. I did have a spiritual awakening as well, just not in the sense most people see it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit