What inspired your avatar and your screen name?

by Princess Daisy Boo 94 Replies latest jw friends

• chickpea
    chickpea

my screen name was given to me by a young woman whom i helped to leave a situation of "current jeopardy" , assisting her relocation nearly 1000 miles from the perp.......

the avatar is a nod to my work..... i am in alternative healthcare and have what my clients call "healing hands"

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

After a soul-killing childhood, I was left in a void. At some point either the void would swallow me forever, or I would swallow it. I chose the latter.

The avatar is from is a snapshot of me at 18 years...oh, sorry, the avatar is from the Disney film Charlie the Lonesome Cougar, a childhood favorite of mine.

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

My name was chosen because of my recent interest in evolution. And as a protest to the common false teaching by creationists that Transitionial Fossils (missing links) have not been found. Or maybe a psychyatrist would say that I am myself in a transition period and feel like a smelly ape.

My avatar was chosen as a half-man half-monkey by doing a goole image search.

Besides - everyone likes monkeys.

• alamb
    alamb

alamb: Because I came forward to support Bill Bowen's Silentlambs claims regarding pedophiles. I am a lamb that is not silent anymore.

Avatar: My clan crest (means through adversity....got that right!)

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

My current avatar is either me or a photo I took of a branch in my front yard in a show storm. It should eventually be me though.

As for my screen name, it's how I feel about my relationship with god.

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

The name was so that my counterpart could find me if she ever made it out or started looking around. I used the name everywhere including myspace, just in case, so she would know I never forgot her, but just the opposite was true. She did finally look around and start asking questions, and has been lurking here for a while nosing around, and did realize when she saw the name what it meant. She is my best friend, always has been, always will be. 143, you...you know who you are.

The avatar was chosen at first because I always loved the realness of Johnny Cash. He put it all out there, who he really was, what he really had done, and what he had learned. Granted, we probably wouldn't see eye to eye on everything today...but those core principles are mine. The other thing is, if you tell the bad with the good, what can anyone ever hold over your head later? It is the one thing I can always say I have been honest about, who I really am.

The avatar also came to mean something else to me. The gesture is perfect, because I believe there are people in the organization that know exactly what they are doing...and I know about it, too. One day, if I am allowed to, I'll throw this f*cking picture in their faces as they realize their own arrogance and abuse of power created something they cannot defeat with more lies and editing of bound volumes. I really hope they see this one and so many more as they watch the power they thought they had so much control over slip through their fingers.

It's for those who have blood on their hands, and meant to speak for those who will never be able to again.

What a bunch of grandiose bullsh*t...but it is a nice dream for me sometimes. You know...when someone says "it's not about me" it always is...that's something I am coming to terms with.

WLG

• uninformed
    uninformed

My screen name uninformed was actually a result of becoming informed about the U. N. and WT relationship. It was the final straw in leaving the organization.

therefore: UN Informed. (Most people just thought I was stupid)

The Cat with Sun Glasses is an email photo I got once. I thought it was a pretty cool cat, LIKE ME.

Brant

• TheDoctor
    TheDoctor

I like Doctor Who...a lot.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

My avatar is me (last spring).

My screenname: Aude Sapere is a latin term meaning: Dare to Know; Dare to Have Wisdom/Understanding.

I've also seen it defined as: Dare to Think for Yourself. - Something no JW is allowed to do.

It was daring for me to google 'Jehovah' and 'Jehovah's Witnesses'. But I dared to do it. Then I dared to actually click the links. Started reading and OMG!! 3 days later I came out of my office dizzily stumbling around my house.

Yup. I dared - and I survived. Quite nicely, thank you!

-Denise.

PS: Posting my own picture? Another Dare.

• compound complex
    compound complex

I am an actor and an enigma.

I am flamboyant yet unassuming.

I am Prince and Pauper.

I am all of the above ...

I am CoCo le Debonaire

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit