What inspired your avatar and your screen name?

by Princess Daisy Boo 94 Replies latest jw friends

• Mincan
    Mincan

Metaphysics, awesome, philosophies of the mind....

Are you a dualist, materialist, other? jk jk

Hey I wanna believe in reincarnation, how do I start?

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Hortensia is a name that has always amused me - I thought of maybe Ermintrude or Winifred, but decided I like Hortensia best. The Queen, originally couldn't think of anything to use as an avatar, which was a new concept to me anyway. I saw a flattering photo of her and used that for a while - flattering photos of the queen are rare. Then switched to the flower named Hortensia, now back to Queenie, but a more severe expression on her face. In other words, I don't have any particular reason for any of it.

• Samuel Thorsen
    Samuel Thorsen

My nick is a funny twist of the top dog at Bethel since the late sixties her in Norway. His name in Thor Samuelsen.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

That's me in my avatar - and I have various nick names Lou, Loulou, luke (?) DaWeez, Belle, so just stuck 2 together.

I sometimes change my avatar to a strawberry - simply because I love em so much - but that may change to a cherry - cos fresh cherries are yumerlicious.

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

I was lurking on this site for a few years and I knew there were many things (most things) about the organization that I no longer believed. One day I read an article here on cognitive dissonance that someone put up (I think it was Lady Lee)

Light bulbs start going on! Multiple lightbulbs all at once! It was a bit of an epiphany (10 years in the making!) I said to myself, "It is ALL lies!. I am never going back! And I meant it! I was angry at having been lied to my entire life! I registered that very night and never set foot in a Kingdom Hall or Assembly Hall since and never will except for my parent's funerals. I had always considered myself a fairly intelligent, logical person. I did not even understand how I could have been so fooled by such obviously blatant lies for so long. Cognitive dissonance was the answer! And Cognizant Dissident was my answer to that. Never again. Now I understand. Now I fight back against the mind control.

The picture came later, I noticed I remembered other posters much easier if I could associate a picture with them. I took this picture myself at a beach near my house. It had been a beautiful day and now storm clouds were moving in and making very interesting new patterns in the sky. I thought it was somewhat symbolic of the cloudy/stormy skies I sensed were ahead for me. It was my way of saying, I will weather whatever storms may come!

Cog

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ

My avatar is a picture of a monk that is protesting by burning himself. I think it's a powerful image because it shows how powerful the mind is and how destructive a cult/religion can be on someone.

My screen name has many different reasons. I like to be a little controversial. I am often told that I look like Jebus because I have long hair and a big beard in the winter. It's funny when people say that because I'm strawberry blond with a read beard. Anyway I like the name because of the reaction it brings and for JW anything that is not JW is anti-christian and if your an "apostate" your an Antichrist.

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

People call me Burgertime at work, and my avatar is from the T.V. show Arrested Development.

• Brother Apostate
    Brother Apostate

Brother (we're all brothers and sisters, descended from Adam and Eve)

Apostate (in the view of the WTBTS and other cults who put teachings of men above teachings of God)

BA- As Paul Harvey says: "Now you know the rest of the story".

• kenai
  • Evidently
    Evidently
    and my avatar is from Rush's album 2112.

Check out a portion of the lyrics from a portion of 2112.......do they remind you of a certain organization???

We've taken care of everything
    The words you hear, the songs you sing
    The pictures that give pleasure to your eyes.
    It's one for all and all for one
    We work together, common sons
    Never need to wonder how or why.

AND THEN as part of the Grand Finale check THIS OUT, I think its description may hit home for alot of people.

... "I have not left this cave for days now, it has become my last refuge in my total despair. I have only the music of the waterfall to comfort me now. I can no longer live under the control of the Federation (aka WTBTS), but there is no other place to go. My last hope is that with my death I may pass into the world of my dream, and know peace at last."

The sleep is still in my eyes
    The dream is still in my head
    I heave a sigh and sadly smile
    And lie a while in bed
    I wish that it might come to pass
    Not fade like all my dreams...

Just think of what my life might be
    In a world like I have seen!
    I don't think I can carry on
    Carry on this cold and empty life

My spirits are low in the depths of despair
    My lifeblood...