I'm a Pioneer Married To a Wonderful Brother Reaching Out to be an MS...

by cognac 216 Replies latest jw experiences

• isnrblog
    isnrblog

I was a Witness for 50 year. I began to lose my religion after the 1975 debacle.

I have found numerous contradictions in the Witness Literature and would encourage you to do a ot of research. I am. by definition an Apostate.We don't all lie and conspire to deceive Witnesses. Some of the "anti Witness" sites have very accurate infromation that you can verify with the Watchtower CD.

I have hundreds of examples that I am cataloging, but the latest is from the Watchtower, 8/1/62 page 480. They have some interesting things to say about the New World Translation.

I am a Deist. I have concluded there is a God, but I have found no religion to be true, I'm spiritual not religious.

Fred

www.isnrblog.com

• B_Deserter
    B_Deserter

"He doesn't think I will find something else that teaches some of the correct main doctrines like Jehovah's name, etc... "

He should check out the Assembly of Yahweh.

• Exterminator
    Exterminator

Hi, Cognac

I lived a somewhat similar situation, and feel very happy to have had that interesting experience.

My best wishes for your new life.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Welcome Cognac. You seem like a warm, sweet person, just like the drink. The blood issue is what opened my eyes to the fallacies within the Watchtower's leadership. I think it's important to always separate the "leadership" from the flock. The flock, like both of our families, are the innocent & faithful drones of the leadership's prideful headship. That being said, have you read "Jehovah's Witnesses, Blood Transfusions, and the Tort of Misrepresentation." It goes through the JW blood doctrine & the brochure "How Can Blood Save Your Life?" It shows how the Society misquotes doctors, scientists, & historians. It has the Society's quote & then the actual quote from the secular writer. It also shows the nonsense of the current "fraction" policy. The concept that you can sue the Watchtower for its blood policy just won in Canada's 2nd highest court - Alberta Appeals Court in "Hughes v. Brady" . There, the Watchtower convinced a teenager to try arsenic as a viable bloodless technique. You can read about it at - just type in Hughes v. Brady in the search page. http://www.albertacourts.ab.ca/CourtofAppeal/Judgments/tabid/84/Default.aspx You can order a copy of "Jehovah's Witnesses, Blood Transfusions, and the Tort of Misrepresentation" for $4 from the Journal of Church & State, or the entire issue in which it appears for a few dollars more. This is a Legal Journal, that is "peer reviewed". (This means that generally lawyers & law professors submit articles to it, and then other lawyers/law professors review it). It's the cream of the crop, as far as legal journals for church/state relations. It's so powerful, that the Watchtower's own legal department has printed articles in it discussing various JW cases. http://www.baylor.edu/church_state/index.php?id=35398 Go to the Publication Order Form. You should also look at www.ajwrb.org , if you haven't done so. Happy reading. Skeeter

• Eliveleth
    Eliveleth

Cognac,

In 1983, my husband and I found ourself in the same place as you are, questioning. We saw a lack of love on the part of the elders. We had seen in a magazine article that some who had left the WT were questioning whether the "great crowd" were on earth, rather saying they were in heaven. We had been reading the bible,(The New World Translation) with another family and we came across the scripture in Luke 11:11-13 where it saws "Indeed, which father is there among you who, if his son asks for a fish will perhaps hand him a serpent instead of a fish? Or if he also ask for an egg, will hand him a scorpion? Therefore if you, although being wicked, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more so will the Father in heaven GIVE HOLY SPIRIT TO THOSE ASKING HIM!" I prayed for Holy Spirit to show me the truth (I was totally expecting it to be the truth of the Watchtower). However, I read the NWT three times to find the answer that the WT gives and could not find it. It was the beginning of our exodus from the WT. Just pray and let Jehovah guide you.

Love and hugs,

Velta

• Aleman
    Aleman

Sand king,

If you wish I can help get answers for you to your questions, but you are absolutely right. Look for the information, find it in every and all the sources you can before you make a decision, and when you make a decision this big, make what thay call an educated decision.

Just my two cents

-Aleman

• Aleman
    Aleman

To the rest of the people in this forum:

"But if YOU have bitter jealousy and contentiousness in YOUR hearts, do not be bragging and lying against the truth.This is not the wisdom that comes down from above, but is [the] earthly, animal, demonic.For where jealousy and contentiousness are, there disorder and every vile thing are." - James 3:14-16.

Cognac,

All of the people here have nothing but bad things to say about everything including the Almighty God Jehovah. Do you really want to take advice from people like this? Or do you want to look it up on your own and make educated decisions by what you absorb that is beneficial to who you are, a Christian.

-Aleman

• Gopher
    Gopher

Aleman,

You're too late. Cognac is lost forever to the dark waters of apostasy. She has crossed her rubicon, and there's no coming back.

LOL at you saying we say 'bad things about EVERYTHING including Jehovah'. Open your eyes and you'll see there's a wonderful, fun group of people who say good things about a lot of things in life, a very optimistic lot indeed.

You have equated "Jehovah" with the "Watchtower organization". We have plenty of bad things to say about the WT Organization, and rightfully so.

• Aleman
    Aleman

I didn't say that Jehovah is equal to the WT Org. instead, I included Jehovah amongst all the other things you all write bad things about.

-Aleman

• dawg
    dawg

YOu're awesome Gopher,

Aleman, you're dislusional, plain and simple you're lost man... look, just above your blind posts, read elivieth's posts where she praises Jesus, and gives facts that show what you've written is wrong and then reply,...

Good lord, can JWs even read? I mean it, are they that blind? Look directly above your post and see refutation of what you've said Aleman.... that's the reason JWs can't see the truth, they are blind to it!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit