I'm a Pioneer Married To a Wonderful Brother Reaching Out to be an MS...

by cognac 216 Replies latest jw experiences

• Odrade
    Odrade

I'm glad you all had a good time. It's a shame this became such a brouhaha over "verifying" a new user. I suppose looking at the bright side is that coffee-black got to meet two nice ladies! (Glad to have you around cognac, hope hypnotic can get past the traumatic start and come check out JWD again.)

• DJK
    DJK

Thank you cb.

• freetosee
    freetosee

That's good news! I really hope Hyonotic will post again and can enjoy having discussions here on many diffrent topics!

freetosee

• Gopher
    Gopher

Cognac, Hypnotic, and Coffee_Black,

I'm glad you all had a good time. It's good to have support (really "good association") as we seek to get past what life in Watchtower-world can do to us.

And I am not at all surprised by this good outcome between 3 MEMBERS of this board. To paraphrase an ancient book, wherever 2 or 3 JWD members gather, the spirit of JWD is there also!

• Mary
    Mary
    cognac wrote: Now, I don't know what to do. It's just everything I ever believed has crumbled right before me and I have not the slightest clue of what to do. I just became a pioneer too.

Yep. The joys of being brainwashed into believing this religion was "the Truth". I used to feel really bad for all the worldly people who were really nice, but who were 'going to die at Armageddon' because they weren't part of the Organization. Then you find out that that's not entirely true. In fact, you find out it's not true at all. It's like the entire foundation of your life has been ripped away and you're not sure where to go or what to do next. Making your own decisions, when someone else has done that for you your whole life can be very difficult and challenging. And if you're family are in, that makes it 10 times harder.

There are no easy answers cognac, but most people on here have gone through alot as we've all been in the same position at one time or another. Rather than being isolated (like the Society wants you to be if you dare to question them), this board provides alot of insight, experience, suggestions and support. I hope you stick around.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Cognac, I finally read your story. Wow! Haven't we all been there at some point.

I'm sorry for what you are going through right now. You have been struggling with this for some time now.

My struggle with the religion started 4-1/2 years ago. I have been trying to use the time to educate my kids and I am happy to say that it is going well ... the marriage on the other hand, not so.

I hope you find peace. As a JW, especially born in and with so many family and all of the web that that goes with it, it is a hard thing and probably can never have it not be there in some way.

But you can be happy. You can get through this.

• cognac
    cognac

Wow, it's been awhile since I've even read this thread. Thanks for your thoughts Wannabefree. I'm sorry about your marriage. It sucks. Glad to hear that you have been affective with the kids though. What a relief that is!

• cognac
    cognac

Still can't believe I put this all together while pioneering, lol. To bad I couldn't have just done the research without having to pioneer, lol

• BrokenBonz
    BrokenBonz
    @cognac

Sorry this is 8 yrs to late:

Will there be a restored paradise on Earth? What the bible says on the matter...

In Matt 6:10- Jesus taught his followers to pray for the very means that God will use to restore righteous conditions earth wide.

Daniel 2:44- speaks about a kingdom that will stand to times in definite.

What life in Paradise on earth will be like, John 5:28,29 says the hour is coming in which all those in the memorial tombs will hear his voice and come out.

Acts 24:15 righteous or unrighteous will be resurrected. Yes you will see your loved ones again.

One of my favorites is found at Isaiah 35:5,6 when the eyes of blind ones will be open, and the ears of deaf ones will be unstopped, and of course the tongue of the speechless one that will cry out in gladness.

These are just a few basics in which I've looked up. Hope it helps.

• BrokenBonz
    BrokenBonz

As for the blood issue...

This is always a touchy subject. Please forgive my interpretation.

Heres "my" example:

We out for dinner and by a hamburger. This hamburger still has blood in it. So, are we abstaining from blood by eating it?

Well,... the meat was properly drained to be eatable. But there always will be a trace of it in there.

So what are we obtaining from?

we're abstaining from the ceremonial part of it. The sanctity of life in which was giving, the proper respect we show in the ransom sacrifice that was provided.

Its how I understand it anyway.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit