I'm a Pioneer Married To a Wonderful Brother Reaching Out to be an MS...

by cognac 216 Replies latest jw experiences

• david_10
    david_10

Welcome to the board, Cognac-----we're glad to have you.

Now, to get down to business:

I haven't read all of this massive thread, but I've read enough to get the gist of it. As a former pioneer, I can tell you that you're in a fix: You don't have the heart to go on, but you can't quit, either. The old Chinese proverb about having a tiger by the tail is appropriate here: no matter how bad you want to, you can't let go.......

I would stop right now but I just started and got kind of in an argument with the elders to let me (they made me wait because they didn't think I'd be able to do it) and it would be like me telling them they were right but they weren't. I don't want to for other reasons. My husband kind of told him off and got him into a bit of trouble over the whole thing so for me to step down now would be like me saying he was right and my husband was wrong. There is no way I'm doing that with the way my husband got involved with the whole thing.

You're screwed. I've been there and I know how trapped you're feeling. "Trapped" is an understatement. I also know that if you don't do something soon you're possibly going to have a nervous breakdown, maybe even becoming suicidal. Believe me, it happens.

And so, this is, I believe, your most immediate problem: Pioneering, especially if it's only half-hearted, will sap the the life right out of you. This is the fix you're in, and you must take care of it.

I don't know if this has been suggested, but you need a plan, and this might work: Hang on till August if you must. But pad your hours!! The whole thing is a big hoax anyway, and what you would be attempting to do would be for the purpose of survival and self-preservation. So, (let's go ahead and call it what it is) lie about your hours. It's all a big lie anyway, and lying on your time slip is preferable to lying to the householders in field service, in my opinion. For every one hour spent, add a couple. Same with return visits and placements. This will get it down to something that you can manage, and you'll be able to keep up appearances and maintain your sanity along the way. If the target date is August, then go ahead and report your quotas for the first couple of months. Then start tapering off and report less and less. If the congregation continues to approach you for all the favors and chores that need doing (and I'm sure it will), you can can honestly tell the supplicants that you are simply too busy and that someone else can "enjoy" the "privilege." By August, you can go to the elders and humbly admit that they were right and you need to be deleted from the rolls and they'll understand. Then you can start to fade; that's how I left the organization, and, for most people, it's probably the best way. The alternative is not good at all, especially if you want to maintain family relationships. Also, (and this is very important) keep your mouth shut and do not confide in anyone-----------------you'll be in front of a committee so fast that you won't know what hit you.

Maybe this would work for you, or maybe you can adapt the ideas here into something you can use, but you do need to get a plan in place and start moving toward a goal. Then again, everybody's always got good advice------------------everybody's fraught with good advice; but as often as not, it's you---the one who's actually in the trenches struggling for a solution---it's you who has to work it out in your own way, on your own terms.

I wish you well, Cognac-------------------my heart goes out to you.

David

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear Jam,

WELCOME to the forum. I am sorry you have experienced this from your brother. My husband had his younger elder brother did the exact same thing to him. He told my husband never to call him again unless he got his head screwed on straight. Real loving hugh?? That seems to be what they do when you have questions. It is so frusterating!! You would think that if they really believed your life was at stake, then they would drop everything and get the answers to the questions you have. Or at least listen to what your questions even are....it is hard to believe family would treat family they claim to love like this. Anyhow, hang in there. We are glad your here. We can relate to what you are going through!

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• Vinny
    Vinny

With sorry JW's like Aleman floating around the JWD, the current JW lurkers are guaranteed to soon be HOPPING OVER THE FENCE.

"With Jehovah at my side I can not fail. I will be victorious over any opposer of what is the truth, I can not fail".

2) No need to ask if you are a reasercher of the truth like me, Perhaps you want the easy way out and have me tell you all the answers I've seen in medical columns and magazines. I would rather you find it for yourself and proove it for yourself what makes the blood topic such a tiredsome topic for me.

-Aleman

• Vinny
    Vinny

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/16/150613/1.ashx

Aleman wants to know if I did "my own research" on blood.

Here is that new thread with some of my "homework" posted.

• Vinny
    Vinny

Aleman, where art thou?

You said you would answer ALL THE QUESTIONS again cause you are a "soldier of Jah", "cannot be defeated", "will be victorious etc etc...

But Aleman you have answered NO QUESTIONS.

You have not defetaed anybody.

You have not been victorious over anything.

You have done more good for the JWD and for EX-JW's than for JW's by posting such lame claims without backing anything up.

Come on Aleman, just go ahead and buy these two books and be done with it.

http://www.commentarypress.com/Detail/eng_crisis_s.html

http://www.commentarypress.com/Detail/eng_search_s.html

You seem ready to be enlightened and ready to know the full truth about the WT Society.

And we will leave the light on for you over here when you get back.

All the best,

Vinny

• TJ - iAmCleared2Land
    TJ - iAmCleared2Land

Welcome to the board, cognac! This is the start of a long process for you, and you'll find lots of support and help here. I was raised in the truth, third generation witness, regular pioneer for a while, 'example family', an elder (that's when my eyes truly got opened).

Your comment about what the anointed brother told you -- there are some things you may never get answers to -- reminded me of one of my now favorite phrases. I hope it will help you:

I would rather have questions I cannot answer, than answers I cannot question.

((hugs))

• AGuest
    AGuest

Welcome... and may you have peace!

The "bottom line" on the blood issue is this: the life is in the blood. And no one has GREATER love that this, to give HIS life... on behalf of his friends. Thus, if a friend (or brother, or neighbor, or enemy) NEEDED blood to LIVE... how could one withhold his and yet think himself righteous for doing so? According to the Christ, he could not.

This is one of the WTBTS' biggest problems: attempting to put you... and millions of others (including me, at one time)... BACK UNDER LAW, a law which was impaled with Christ, who fulfilled it. However, he, Christ... by giving HIS blood... RELEASED those who wish it from the Law that brings death... in order to give those who wish it a NEW law... one that brings LIFE. What is that law? Love. Period.

There is NO LAW... against love, dear Cognac... and LOVE... "covers a multitude of transgressions."

Thus, if YOU... out of LOVE... give your LIFE... your BLOOD... on behalf of another, there is... there can BE... NO law... against it.

To say anything else is from the Wicked One.

True, we are not to EAT the blood of others, as some did for the sake of "power," or glory (i.e., drinking the blood of their enemies so as to show their conquering of such enemy), nor for the sake of food (some considered and still today consider it a delicacy). This is because a man's life... is IN his blood... and consuming it in these ways shows utter disregard for that man, for his life, even if he is/was your enemy.

For we are not to disregard even our enemies in such a way. Rather, as my Lord is recorded to have said:

"You heard that it was said, 'You must love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' However, I say to you: continue to love your ENEMIES and to pray for those persecuting you; that you may PROVE yourselves sons of your Father who is in the heavens, since He makes His sun rise upon wicked people and good and makes it rain upon righteous people and unrighteous. For if you love those loving you, what reward do you have? Are not also the tax collectors doing the same thing? And if you greet your brothers only, what extraordinary thing are you doing? Are not also the people of the nations doing the same thing? YOU must, accordingly, be PERFECT, as your Heavenly Father is perfect." Matthew 5:43-48

Perfection, dear Cognac, is "perfected" in us... through love. Because love... is the LAW... that the "Perfecter" of our faith, Christ, taught us. Please note that there are innumerable falsities in the WTBTS teachings; this is just the beginning of what you will learn the WTBTS is totally in error about.

Anyway, welcome to the Board. And please do not take any previous negative or suspicious comment to heart: many here have been hurt and betrayed and their wounds have not yet healed... or at least scabbed over enough to dull some of the pain. Others are just disillusioned (and rightly so). As a result, quite a few are yet distrustful and cynical, as you might understand. Most mean well, however, as you can see by the comments and apologies. Few, however, still have faith; most have lost whatever bit they might have had as a result of such pain, betrayal, and disillusionment, and so you will find less answers to questions such as these from a spiritual point of view.

That is very sad, but it is what it is.

Again, I bid you peace and hope your "stay" here is beneficial.

A slave of Christ,

SA

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Here's the update.

I just spent a couple of hours with Cognac and Hypnotic. They are both real. They are both lovely people. Cognac is just as she is here. She's fired up about what she has learned about the organization....and wants to be out. It's not going to be quite that easy for her. Hypnotic is quiet and sincere and sweet. Now that they have shared their feelings about the organization, they will be a great help to eachother through this. I'm more than happy to be there for them. I think I have made 2 good friends. We had a wonderful conversation.

Coffee

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

Thank you coffee, she sent me a lovely pm after my apology. I am glad they have somene like you nearby.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

thanks CB for that update...not that it should have been necessary.....

i warned cognac in a PM about the doubters before all hell blew up here... my only inquiry was when someone mentioned IP addresses or something..I couldnt see what they were talking about and I wanted an explanation....

... it seem Cognac is staying and posting strong...good for you Cognac....!! and I hope hypnotic comes back too..

hey folks.....this is not some damn VIP nightclub where you have to show your credentials at the JWD door......all seems to be required is a heart and/or family ties broken by lies from the Borg....

fools and frauds are found out eventually.... and cognac and hypnotic are neither ....

Snakes ()

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit