I'm a Pioneer Married To a Wonderful Brother Reaching Out to be an MS...

by cognac 216 Replies latest jw experiences

• loosie
    loosie

Welcome Cognac.

feeling like your world is crashing down around you is normal. Good news is it gets better, and you start to feel better. Once reality sets in and you embrace reality your world will look bright again.

now here's another question.

you said If someone was about to fall off a cliff and we could save them but chose not to would we not be bloodguilty?

What does this make God? when he CAN save them?

• cognac
    cognac

loosie ~ If there is one thing I do in life, its not to blame God... I do not mess with him...

I have though had thoughts that ran through my head that there is probably something about it that we don't know about. He doesn't stop rapes, murders, etc... there could very well be a reason that we don't understand as of now...

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    I have though had thoughts that ran through my head that there is probably something about it that we don't know about. He doesn't stop rapes, murders, etc... there could very well be a reason that we don't understand as of now...

Perhaps we know nothing about God, except the box we have attempted to nail Him in? Just a thought.

I found that when I let God out of the Watchtower box, then later out of the box I made for Him, I began to feel a soothing ability to just let it be. I still work on that - but mostly I think it is best to let it be.

Jeff

• sweet pea
    sweet pea

With regards to Aleman and that little voice inside your head that says "maybe I'm wrong about all these doubts..."

Listen to the wisdom of the crowd.

It's a big crowd here at JWD and you can see that there is a lot of wisdom in the majority of the posts on this thread.

Trust your gut feeling.

Freedom feels scary at first but you will find yourself in a better place eventually. Everyone's journey is different but we are all here for you.

• changeling
    changeling

Think for yourself cognac. Don't jump from the frying pan into the fire...

changeling

• moshe
    moshe

Six million Jews died in the holocaust and I am sure they all prayed to G-d for their freedom. It is not a crime for a Jew to admit that their are some things we don't understand about G-d and what His limitations are. Maybe there is no such thing as a miracle, as we define it. On the other side of the coin we have religious people who think G-d will get them a good job, a promotion, a spouse, a baby, etc.

The one thing I did learn when I got out of the WT mess that it is true that "we reap what we sow". Hardly anybody who leaves the WT Org gets away without paying a price- just remember that, Cognac, should you decide to leave.

• onesong
    onesong

Welcome Cognac from a nearby neighbor to your north!

It was being an elder that lead me to start questioning things. I was extremely uncomfortable on the couple of judicial committees I served on.

I knew deep within that there was something fundamentally wrong with judging people---especially when we had to form a judicial committee for a young sister that tried to commit suicide. It wasn't about love and compassion, it was about trying to discern rules and enforce them.

I got tearful reading your posts because it brought back so much of what I experienced a few years ago, my whole world turned upside down.

As difficult as it was though I'm sooo thankful my eyes were opened.

As you work thru this my advice would be to trust yourself, truth is in your heart.

Peace and Love,

Onesong

• TooBad TooSad
    TooBad TooSad

Hi Cognac,

I really enjoyed and appreciated your post!!!!!!! The blood issue is not fully understood by JW's. My wife

is so confused she does not understand what is going on. I told her that if blood is like a peach pie, you

can not eat the peach pie, however you can eat flour, water, sugar, butter, and peaches. Just don't

put them together to make a peach pie.

The other issue that really gets her thinking is you will hear from the platform how much Jehovah loves people

and does not want anyone to die. Yet the JW's teach, without really thinking about it, that at Armegeddon

Jehovah will destroy 99.9% of humanity, just leaving his faithful JW's all smiles on the other side.

I do not want to step over the dead bodies of my relatives and ones that I love because they do not believe

in the Watchtower.

TooBad TooSad

• sspo
    sspo

Welcome Cognac to the forum.

You are going thru what everyone on this forum have already experienced and it's not a fun place to be.

Do a lot of reading here and you will make the right decisions.

I hope everything turns out well for you.

• Farkel
    Farkel

Cognac,

You cited Matt. 24:14 as a reason to stay in the WTS. Fair enough. We all know that verse. It was our mantra. "This GOOD news will be preached"...blah, blah, blah.

I took a not inconsiderable amount of my time to dig through the internet and find a very old article of mine for you. I finally found a copy on HERE actually, but that is only because I resurrected it some years ago on this board and forgot that I did that. Please take the time to read it, and comment on it, if you want. It tells the TRUTH about the WTS's notion about "this good news of the Kingdom." It is also a fun story, methinks.

Here it is. I wrote this nearly 10 years ago, but the message still sticks to the truth:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/12/77391/1.ashx/%22Telling+the+Truth+Shall+Set+You+Free%22

Farkel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit