I'm a Pioneer Married To a Wonderful Brother Reaching Out to be an MS...

by cognac 216 Replies latest jw experiences

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

Welcome Cognac: All that's necessary for now is to realize you have questions. You will likely either get the answers you need, or continue to have doubts. It will become more clear what to do next as the shock wears off...

• freetosee
    freetosee

Welcome Cognac!

Continue to find answers to your questions. If anyone becomes angry at you because of that, it speaks volumes...

freetosee

• snowbird
    snowbird

Welcome and keep searching. You will find the answers.

Sylvia

• free2think
    free2think

Welcome Cognac,

You come to the right place for answers, there's lots pf great advice to be had here, so i hope you stick around.

• changeling
    changeling

Welcome cognac!

Waking up is hard to do and many never wake up.

You are about to travel a very rough road but it's one of logic and truth.

Use you "perceptive powers" and don't fall for anything that does not make any sense.

You might want to read the "Best Of" section on this forum, it has a little bit of everything.

changeling (born and raised, out after 47 years)

• Farkel
    Farkel

:The worst part is, probably the blood issue. We are told not to murder. If someone was about to fall off a cliff and we could save them but chose not to would we not be bloodguilty? So, then, if it comes down to the blood issue being a life and death matter wouldn't it have to be at the very least a conscience matter? For me, I would rather disobey a law and obey a much higher principle of the life in which Jehovah has given us! I told this to my husband and he said that he has had a problem with the blood issue ever since the let you take components. I agreed and asked him "how many people do you think died because they weren't aloud to make up there on minds on the matter?"

As gopher has pointed out, blood is supposed to be the symbol of life. How then is a mere symbol more significant than the life it can save? Why should a symbol prevail when that nearly "worshiping" that symbol causes needless deaths to tens of thousands of lives?

If you haven't studied the subject, I urge you to do so. You will find that just about every blood part and fraction is allowed to be taken according to WT doctrine these days. They just cannot be taken all at once! Is that ridiculous or what? So if you took one fraction, then after that took another fraction, and after than another fraction, etc., the WTS has no problem!

It is plain to many of us that the GB has wanted for years to remove the blood ban. But if they did this they would be swamped with lawsuits from members and former members who needless lost loved ones over a pitiful policy that no longer existed.

What does that tell you about those men? I'll let you know what it tells me: they would rather go on sacrificing lives of adults and babies than face lawsuits that would drain their resources.

Re-read Matthew 23 and think about this.

best wishes,

Farkel

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

The 'crumbling' feeling you have may be cognitive dissonance. Your mind cannot accept two radical views as both correct, so it must begin to sort it out. When you accept it as 'truth' the cognitive brain kicks out what you believed before as 'truth'. Now, your cognition is beginning to try and sort it again. This is the first step. Most of us took that step before we realised what it meant.

Many come into false beliefs due to this factor. Many leave due to the same, IMO, but most discussions deal with how it gets us into a religion or cult, not out.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cognitive_dissonance

As for the blood issue - see www.ajwrb.org

Welcome. Stick around. It takes a while to sort it out.

Jeff

• ellderwho
    ellderwho

Welcome Cognac. Be very calculated in the way you handle your family. Do not rush to make any moves or big decisions. This is a pretty good place to come and vent. Also check out Randy's site; http://www.freeminds.org/ its very informative and easy to look up subjects of doubt. EW

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29

Welcome to the board, and the journey. At the stage you're in, you will feel pain; the loss of your belief system hurts like the death of a loved one. Know that you are not alone, take a breath and let the anxiety of this pass. Take it slow, there's no need to rush.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Another good book to read while your sorting out your doubts is
    " The Myth Of Certainty" by Daniel Taylor
    On the front cover it Quotes TCW Magazine
    "An important book for all Christians,especially those who harbour secret doubts about some of what they've been led to believe is Truth"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit