I'm a Pioneer Married To a Wonderful Brother Reaching Out to be an MS...

by cognac 216 Replies latest jw experiences

• dawg
    dawg

Cognac, in response to Alemans's post... notice how he wants you outside the thread to talk to you..that's because his "facts" won't withstand scrutiny and he wants you alone so he won't have to answer questions... isn't this typical of all JW's? Just let me get you alone so I'll have no disention. Good lord! Will the JWs ever realize that the truth can't be achieved in such ways? Lord!

• blueviceroy
    blueviceroy

After many questions I found an answer that can be questioned no further.

The answer is different for each of us and can't be given or taken from one to another .

The best we can do for those who still feel they are "seeking" is point in the direction to where the answer lies,

The truth lies within each of us , we are born knowing the truth and spend much of our lives turning away from what we perceive as a lack or a nothing , it only seems a nothing because it needs nothing.

I wish I could express what I have experienced in a coherent manner that would bring relief to confusion and certainty to an uncertain world , but my limited intellect can only point at the unnamed.

It has no place

It has no boundary

It has no name

It is among us all

Welcome and be free

• sand king
    sand king

Hi Cognac. I have past friends (who I miss ALOT) on this post who thought they were just leaving the organisation to serve Jehovah in some other way - they now don't know what they believe in or even if there is a god. Don't jump too quick, research your questions properly.

I too have alot of questions but its not worth giving your past life up in a flash.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    I have past friends (who I miss ALOT) on this post who thought they were just leaving the organisation to serve Jehovah in some other way - they now don't know what they believe in or even if there is a god. Don't jump too quick, research your questions properly.

Welcome Sand King. Interesting place to make your first post.

Well - If the 'truth' is not in the Jw organization - jumping out is no worse than being in, is it? If I am in the frying pan, might as well be in the fire, and I might even jump free of the fire and be free of the certain death that awaits in the frying pan. If Jehovah is going to kill all the false religions, won't he start with the worse first? I am glad to be out - though finding an absolute truth is not in my plan - there ain't none.

Jeff

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Good day Cognac,

I believe your searching is leading you to your path of truth. Keep looking, keep searching, keep asking to be lead to "Jehovahs' truth" not the truth of an organisation.

Things are not going to be easy especially if you find out that this organisation has been teaching you untruths - it's going to be very very hard! I will keep you in my prayers.

May you have strength and courage.

• rolling rock
    rolling rock

Wecome to the board...

• jgnat
    jgnat

Hi, I'm a regular Christian married to a JW. I am gratified that the board has supplied you with so much information to check out. It is obvious that you are awaking to your own intellect and questioning power, and that as confusing as it is right now, it's genuine.

My wish for you as you awaken to what is real and worthy, that you bring your husband along on your journey of discovery. Do you think he'd be open to studying with you? What if you planned a weekly bible study session with each other, just the bible without supplementary materials? That way, he can come along with your thinking. (He takes the lead, of course *smile*).

It is so much easier on couples if they exit together. That is my wish for you.

It boggles my mind that the Witnesses think that their beliefs are so superior to any other religion. Why is that? Because they carry Jehovah's name around like a cloak? That could just as easily smack of arrogance, especially if the bearer of that cloak did not walk the walk every day.

Or do Jehovah's Witnesses believe they are superior to anything else out there because they are told so at the meetings, assemblies and conventions? I tell you, I've sat in on those talks and the things said about Christendom as a whole is insulting, inaccurate, and downright rude. The only reason they get away with it is because they are "preaching to the converted". I seriously doubt a Witness would tell me that I am worshipping a "false god" to my face. If I, as a regular Christian, tell you with a full heart that I love and follow the same God that you do, what does that do for your perspective of other churches?

I think often of the fig tree that withered at Jesus' word. It's sin? It did not bear refreshing fruit. If the fruit is absent, then break from the tree. Set a new graft. Build a life based on love, forgiveness, honesty and integrity. You'll see that your life is improved.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

cognac:

Honestly, he barely even goes out in service now...

oooh..that jumped out at me.... doesnt mean the BOE will still not appoint him an MS...they can have weird ways of applying standards depending on what they expect of him.

If you are wanting to leave, now is the time to strike while the iron is hot....

Your husband is pissed at the elders...why the heck wouldnt they let him pioneer? So maybe you arent the golden couple (in their eyes) I thought at first...this is good for you!

Think for yourself.... and have a serious heart-to-heart with your husband.... he sounds like a good guy.

Snakes ()

(and by the way, Aleman is entitled to his opinion, but he is, IMO, a JW apologist...his interest is self-serving..be careful about what he says...this is definitely not a pro-JW board...this is a pro-individual board.......I am not even sure why Aleman is here except to stir up trouble and drag JWs back into the Borg)

• kool aid man06
    kool aid man06

Hello! cognac, my wife and I both attended the Tewksbury cong. as well as the Wilmington Mass. cong. Please private mail me and we can share with you what we call the top 14 secrets in these two congregations. Looking forward to hearing from you as you probably know many of the same people we know. Thanks Rick

• sand king
    sand king

Jeff,

This is my first post on any forum - as good a place as any to start!

I've been lurking here for a while now and have only just decided in the past month or so to register. All I see here are alot of people with a lot of different ideas, maybe there is no answer but when you've spent your life with a plan in mind its a hard one to shake. One day at a time and one issue at a time before I jump from frying pan to fire.

Maybe see you around in another unusual post!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit