Christmas Card exchange?

by bem 211 Replies latest jw friends

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

One more tip for those sending cards overseas.

When at the post office - insist/request (or bribe) the person putting the stamps on the cards to use actual stamps - and not a cancelled sticker. Stamps from foreign/distant countries are really cool, and folks still like to see them - as opposed to a sticker.

Are we having fun yet?

Regards,

Jim TX

• bem
    bem

I have a list of all the names and addresses saved so if I haven't gotten it to you yet let me know, and I can easily send another if it makes it easier to get them all at once.

Thanks Jim_tex I have my address on most of the lists I didn't at first so thanks for mentioning it.

• bem
    bem
    One more tip for those sending cards overseas.

When at the post office - insist/request (or bribe) the person putting the stamps on the cards to use actual stamps - and not a cancelled sticker. Stamps from foreign/distant countries are really cool, and folks still like to see them - as opposed to a sticker.

Are we having fun yet?

Regards,

Jim TX

Good advice

And yes I am having a blast

One thing that I appreciate about the main person I deal with at the post office here he is also good to stamp/cancel the stamp from the town I live in otherwise it would be stamped in a metro area a long ways from where I live.

• brinjen
    brinjen

I'll be sending mine out this Wednesday...

• TheSilence
    TheSilence

Well, crap, I didn't know you could do that. I'm sorry, out of country folks, I'm pretty sure the lady put a sticker on them. I'll have to remember that for next year.

Jackie

• mouthy
    mouthy

BEM READ YOUR E_MAIL PLEASE

• mouthy
    mouthy

Will the card come to you with your old address on it??Should I send you another one to your new address

NONI I t will come to me dear

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

I have been hesitant to put my name down for this list because I was afraid seeing so many people (translated as extra stamps to buy) would make my hubby balk if I mentioned it.....but I would SO like to be included. Seeing as how even HE got a kick out of seeing all those get well cards sent to me from all over the globe---it may have softened the Grinch aspect a bit. (I'm HOPING anyway, LOL!)

So count me in, I will go ahead with the plan.....and NOW I would like to know:

What is the cost of postage from the USA to Canada,

from the USA to the UK,

and from the USA to Australia and New Zealand.

I tried to read the online postal site last year and couldn't make heads or tails out of it. I need down-to-earth answers and NO scales and graphs to figure out for ME to understand it!

hugs,

Annie

• bem
    bem

Good Morning Annie Hope today is being extra good to you I have a confession to make are you taking confessions this morning? I asked everyone to please include you anyway on their christmas card list I figured since we had your address for get well/be better/strength to you cards it would be nice to just add you to our christmas card list too.

Anyway, hehe. It is 80 to 90 cents to Canada and the UK, in that order, I am on my way to the post office now to send my out of country cards I'll have a better idea when I get back, I'll let you know a little better idea then.

XXX Dorothy

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    I asked everyone to please include you anyway on their christmas card list I figured since we had your address for get well/be better/strength to you cards it would be nice to just add you to our christmas card list too.

BEM!

How sweet was THAT for you to do for me! Thank you so much! You are one VERY special lady! (AND I love rainbows too! )

Thanks for the other info too.

hugs,

Annie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit