NEW WATCHTOWER - Study Edition Searchable PDF !!

by AlphaOmega 114 Replies latest members private

• Metamorphosis
    Metamorphosis

so the picture on page 18 that says 'marc and paula in the ministry'....is that a lie? how did they get the photographer into the person's house? is it really just a ...gasp... staged picture?

Morph

• Leolaia
    Leolaia
    care to share your thoughts on the delta between old WT and new WT?

Not sure what you mean here....

• Metamorphosis
    Metamorphosis

also - page 30 - does anyone else think their explanation of matthew 19:28 is just screwy? - everywhere in the bible where it talks about the 12 tribes of Isreal it's either talking about the literal twelve tribes or the 144,000 according to the WT (at least that i've ever seen) but this scripture refers to general mankind??? has that always been the reasoning?

Morph

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW
    Those identical necklaces are apparently a well known occult symbol. I read that on one of those websites that 'exposes' all the occult images in the publications but can't recall which one, sorry.

It's this one: http://www.sixscreensofthewatchtower.com/3subliminalimages.html

alt

• fokyc
    fokyc
    Why in the WORLD would they use that same damn necklace???

It's a 'prop' from the art department at head office, a visit a few years ago to there was quite an eye opener.

ALL the pictures of that sort are just stage managed in a studio situation.

Well spotted though!

fokyc

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

also - page 30 - does anyone else think their explanation of matthew 19:28 is just screwy? - everywhere in the bible where it talks about the 12 tribes of Isreal it's either talking about the literal twelve tribes or the 144,000 according to the WT (at least that i've ever seen) but this scripture refers to general mankind??? has that always been the reasoning?

Morph

Yeah... I wondered about that. Afterall, the 144,000 are composed of twelve tribes... maybe by linking the twelve tribes to maknind, it makes it easier to do away with the literal 144,000 in the future... Just like the stars in the heavens and the grains of sand on the beach ???# AO - of the reading things into places where really aren't class

• observador
    observador
    with 6 million JWs and only 8000 anointed (for now), it seems quite an emphasis on a "heavenly hope" for just 8000 readers worldwide.

Exactly, Alpha. New light on this is certainly coming. Don't you think will be nice when JW people start saying "oh, I've decided that my home is with Christ... in Heaven"?

There will be a lot of crying among family members and friends.

Observador.

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

Exactly, Alpha. New light on this is certainly coming. Don't you think will be nice when JW people start saying "oh, I've decided that my home is with Christ... in Heaven"?

There will be a lot of crying among family members and friends.

Observador

I'm not sure how they will do it though...

I am wondering if they will simply keep hinting that there will be no congregational judgement for those that consider themselves "of the heavenly hope"...

...so that the "earthly hope" just sort of fizzles out.

...maybe they'll even use the same tactic with blood... make all the components a matter of "conscience" and ease off on the judgement.

But I reckon that the blood change will come AFTER as it is their "trademark" doctrine - everyone knows of it,whereas only those on the inside (or those who have researched it) know of the "two hopes".

Just my thoughts

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

fokyc....I think that makes a lot of sense and would explain why that same piece of "jewelry" keeps cropping up in different illustrations. I don't see all that much similarity with the image posted by GermanXJW, the crescent moon is not clear, the circle is smaller, the streamers are a distinctive "plus", and there are many "minus" elements as well (such as an outer ring with lettering) which could have sealed the identification....A circle with a jewel in the middle of a triangle is basically the image, which potentially could be linked with other partial parallels if one looks hard enough (like the Headpiece of Ra from Raiders of the Lost Ark which has an outer ring with lettering, and inner circle and jewel with no triangle). My guess is that it is a prop made by a Watchtower artist trying to guess what an Israelite piece of jewelry ought to have looked like.

• besty
    besty

Leo - by delta I meant difference - what if any differences do you see compared to the previous WT study articles?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit