NEW WATCHTOWER - Study Edition Searchable PDF !!

by AlphaOmega 114 Replies latest members private

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Thank you , a brilliant job. There are 6mill. dubs who would like to see this...

From the intro to the study edition :

"Some cited scriptures are marked "read" and should be read and discussed during the Watchtower Study. Other scriptures may also be read as time allows."

So more control from Mother , telling the study conductor exactly how to do it , mind you, some of them these days need telling !

I thought this was interesting :

"The annual report will no longer appear in The Watchtower. Starting in 2008, it will appear as an insert in Our Kingdom Ministry as well as in the Yearbook"

Do they want to keep it off the Internet? Are the results so bad that they do not want to highlight the report? I am sure that we will still get to see it

Blues, who has had problems with the quotes box on this site.....

• Gayle
    Gayle

Thank you so very much for getting this for us to download.. I see this is printed in Britain now and noted as a "charity." Has that been that way a while now? I wonder why the switch? I got a chuckle out of the differentiation between the public and inside, private, or study issues now called "No. 1 and No. 2' issues . . .don't we refer that expression to something else,,however I think quite appropriate. :)

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

"The annual report will no longer appear in The Watchtower. Starting in 2008, it will appear as an insert in Our Kingdom Ministry as well as in the Yearbook"

What a perfect time to change the format.
    Maybe the dubs will buy this- There wasn't room to include the number of partakers.

(This is comedy, not to be taken seriously until the WT does it.)

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Here is my favorite line (so far) on page 10 par 9: Avoid unnecessary details.

Yup... don't want to tip off the victim student that you are trying to recruit them into a cult.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M
    "Whether you hope to make your home with Christ in the heavens or to live forever on earth under Kingdom rule,..."

What is going to happen when the statistics indicate there are more than 144K planning on going to heaven? Is the 144K going to be a figurative number?

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

Abraham was told that his seed would multiply and become "like the stars of the heavens" and the grains of sand on the seashore. (Gen. 13:16; 22:17) In other words, in Abraham's time it was impossible for humans to know how many would make up this seed. However, the exact number of his spiritual seed was eventually revealed. In addition to Jesus, it was to number 144,000.

So... there are only 144,000 stars in the heavens and only 144,000 grains of sand on the seashore !!

Interesting really considering that it wasn't a man that told Abraham this information...

Genesis 22:15-17 NWT

[15]

And Jehovah's angel proceeded to call to Abraham the second time out of the heavens

[16]

and to say: "'By myself I do swear,' is the utterance of Jehovah, 'that by reason of the fact that you have done this thing and you have not withheld your son, your only one,

[17]

I shall surely bless you and I shall surely multiply your seed like the stars of the heavens and like the grains of sand that are on the seashore; and your seed will take possession of the gate of his enemies.

Using the concept of a theophany, the "angel" may well have been God himself.

Yet their argument is that it "was impossible for HUMANS" to know the number. Surely it wasn't impossible for God ?

Anyway, regardless of the theophany aspect, the source of the message was God, not man !

A quick look around the internet shows that there are many more than 144,00 stars in the universe :

With this simple calculation you get something like 10 22 to 10 24 stars in the Universe.

SOURCE http://www.esa.int/esaSC/SEM75BS1VED_index_0.html

More than enough for each person to be "anointed" if they so desire.

Maybe it is time for some more new light...

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

Talking about pictures. I found a link between the picture on p. 15 of the first internal Watchtower and the picture we discussed here: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/12/144375/1.ashx

Can you find it? I would appreciate if somebody could put the two picture together.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Burger Time,

Holy crap! It looks like they Photoshopped a black kid's face to be lighter!

Look at the other black people... all of their faces have been Photoshopped lighter!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

THANK YOU for the scan AND for the great thought-provoking thread! So many good points are being brought out here----so much to be used when refuting the "truthfulness and accuracy" of what the WTS is trying to promote. I wish we had an "APPLAUSE" sign here.....

hugs,

Annie

• MadTiger
    MadTiger

Good work. It will be a great time when we see the first CultTimes edition.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit