NEW WATCHTOWER - Study Edition Searchable PDF !!

by AlphaOmega 114 Replies latest members private

• Jourles
    Jourles

After reading through all the articles, it feels like they will stick with the literal interpretation of the 144k(non symbolic) . At least two or three mentions were made as to obedience to the gb -- who, of course, also happen to be of the anointed. They flat out said that some of the 144k would still be alive to see the GT. They obviously know that this supposed GT could be a very long way off, longer than anyone living today within the org may see. To me, it seems as if they are preparing for the new generation bomb. Just the mention of some of the 144k seeing the end come is almost a guarantee of this. This generation will not pass away until all these things occur... Again, to keep the flock under full control of the gb, the "anointed" must live on for an indefinite period of time. The rumored generation change will cement this new doctrine.

From their perspective(and also mine), setting these changes up in this way is a smart move. Once they get the r&f conditioned to accept that there will always be anointed leading from the top(gb), the generation change will "make sense" to the r&f. Of course, it makes no sense to us looking inward at the org, but to the blind sheep it does. In many ways, you have to remember that this change doesn't have to make sense from a doctrinal or biblical standpoint. Its sole purpose will be to backup and reinforce the gb's authority over the r&f. That's it.

• Awakened07
    Awakened07
    As for "serious" topics of discussion in regards to the study edition of the WT, did anybody else notice thi line in paragraph 7 of the first article? It reads: "But those who remain in Babylon the Great and who continue to reject Bible standards will not be spared through 'the Great Tribulation.'"

It was alway my understanding that the Great Tribulation was supposed to be a period of, well, great tribulation for the witnesses. I always thought it was THEY who were supposed to endure persecution during this time period as a lead-up to the big A. Has this changed or am I just reading the passage wrong?

Hmm... Is this new light? Maybe I haven't been paying attention, but I never thought of the great tribulation as a period few would survive (not even of non-witnesses), after all, they're going to be killed off in Armageddon anyway, or so I thought. But in this Watchtower, there are several mentions of dying during the great tribulation:

(Page 4) We have a serious responsibility toward the people who live around us. The decisions they make now will mean life or death during "the great tribulation."

(Page 23)Hence, after 1935 the thrust of the preaching work turned to the gathering of "a great crowd," those whom the apostle John saw in vision and who would survive "the great tribulation."

(Page 25) Moreover, since the growing great crowd of other sheep are viewed by God as righteous, they can hope to survive the destruction of this system of things at the great tribulation.

In addition to the one you cited (underlined and made bold by me).

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Thanks for all the research people. This article and the previous articles cited helped me turn a corner. The spin is on and it will go unnoticed to 6 million people. How very sad.

• yknot
    yknot

Fokyc and Alpha,

Thank you so much for all of your work!

I am still digesting it all.

• justhuman
    justhuman

Nice observation with the stolen jewellery, comparing with the "Live.." book and the 2008 Watchower!!! It seems that they haven't forgot their roots: Occultic teachings from Russell.For me the first thing that I started to have doubts where those subliminals...

WT is trying to buy more time, that's all. But JW's are so brained washed that they will not realize what is really happening. When generation back in 1995 changed, nothing happen. So whatever "new light" GB inserts to them they will blindly accept it.

• triplestrength
    triplestrength

Just a thought about what one of the other posters said earlier about the public edition being politically correct made me think. In the UK not too long ago a couple who were leaving church type leaflets (not JW's) were arrested by the police because their message was deemed homophobic.

I spoke to an elder recently, who said during our conversation words to the affect that "we" (i.e. the witnesses) could be sent to prison for homophobic messages given out and that "we" would have to be very careful regarding what "we" said. This puzzled me but I gave it no further thought untill I read that 2 editions of the WT were to be published. I have not read any of the litrature since about 2000 so have missed the usual rants about people who may be different to the JW's standard. But what this elder said now makes sense.

Of course if they do this and give out a non-politically correct message to the rank and file and this gets out to the authorities I wonder what would happen then?

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

It doesn't appear that the 12 tribes spoken of in Mt 19:28 being identified as mankind in general is new. I have posted 10/15/95 WT below which identifies it as such.

Are we thus justified in concluding that Jesus sits down on a glorious throne in the specific role of Judge? Yes. Jesus told the apostles: "In the re-creation, when theSonofmansitsdownuponhisgloriousthrone, you who have followed me will also yourselves sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel." (Matthew 19:28) Although Jesus is now King of the Kingdom, his further activity mentioned at Matthew 19:28 will include sitting on a throne to judge during the Millennium. At that time he will judge all mankind, the righteous and the unrighteous.

• Cindi_67
    Cindi_67

The triangle of art is the protected space outside the magic circle, into which spirits are compelled to appear in Solomonic ritual magic. Typically, the central circle is inscribed with the sigil (seal) of the spirit to be invoked. The usual form is of a triangle, circumscribed with various words of power, containing an inner, blackened circle.

The purpose of the triangle is to contain the manifested entity. In some cases, the triangle is created as a physical object; sometimes, the central circle is replaced with a black scrying mirror.

This really is strange. Why the same symbol on so many drawings?

• journey-on
    journey-on

"4

Jehovah is our Grand Instructor." (page -9-)

This may be a minor thing to some of you, but with all the talk

about the WTS having Masonic roots, titles like Grand Instructor (notice Caps)

make me think of Freemason lingo like Grand Masters and Grand Lodges.

Even JWs' use of the word WT Society and Order rings masonic to me.

Anybody else get these vibes?

• ToServeMan
    ToServeMan

WOW, I find it hard to believe that they still use images like the one on page 27. What they don't show is the image that comes a few seconds later, where animals attack.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit