NEW WATCHTOWER - Study Edition Searchable PDF !!

by AlphaOmega 114 Replies latest members private

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

Just a reminder:

*** w99 2/1 p. 19 Our Treasure in Earthen Vessels ***

“No More Additions!”

At a Gilead graduation in 1970, Frederick Franz, then vice-president of the Watch Tower Society, told the students of the possibility that they, who were all of the other sheep with earthly hopes, might baptize someone who might claim to be of the anointed remnant. Could this happen? Well, he explained that John the Baptist was of the other sheep, and he baptized Jesus and some of the apostles. Then he went on to ask whether there still was a call for gathering in more of the remnant. “No, no more additions!” he said. “That call ended way back there in 1931-35! There are no more additions. Who, then, are the few newly associated ones who are partaking of the Memorial emblems? If they are of the remnant, they are replacements! They are, not additions to the ranks of the anointed, but replacements for those who may have fallen away.”

• ninja
    ninja

page 14 right hand side of the page
    "Appearances can be deceptive. Ignacio,* for example, began studying the Bible with Jehovah's Witnesses while he was in prison in a South American country.
    He was feared because of his violent nature. Consequently, inmates who made and sold items to fellow prisoners used Ignacio to collect debts from those who were slow to pay. However, as Ignacio made spiritual progress and applied what he was learning, this once violent bully became a kind person. No one uses him to collect debts anymore,
    However he is now the "bitch" of the new debt collector"
    I added that last bit in.......in fact I did a "Trevor"....muhahahahaha .....ninja

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

There is no circulation (number of printed magazines) given.

• observador
    observador

First thing I noticed was the wording in this sentence:

"Whether you hope to make your home with Christ in the heavens or to live forever on earth under Kingdom rule,..."

It is strange. It sounds like there is a fifty-fifty chance of a person to be heavens bound or earth bound. It has never been put like that, that I can remember.

• PoppyR
    PoppyR

Thanks for doing this, and the interesting posts.

It's stuff like the 'new light' then the comparison to what Franz said about there being no additions that just has me shaking my head, I just wish I could even attempt to talk to my family without the 'apostate' walls shooting up like metal safety gates in a bank raid!

Although I no longer believe, the scripture about 'proving what you are' comes to mind, it's stuff like this that I need every now and then just to keep reaffirming I absolutely made the right decision.

Poppy

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    There is no circulation (number of printed magazines) given.

That made me think. Making the 15th of each month into the study article, the
    rank and file can be fooled into thinking the Watchtower magazine is still published
    twice a month. They can think there is one less reduction at headquarters than
    there really is. The leaders can add the study mags to total production and still
    claim 20 Gazillion mags published, but would have to reduce the WT yearly number
    if the study mag. were something else.

Thanks Leolaia and others for finding all the cult messages in these articles, so I
    don't have to wade through the garbage.

• zack
    zack

Thanks for the scan! Great thread.

Seems they are wasting no time with the new indoctrination.

• fokyc
    fokyc

January 15th 2008 is Volume 129, Number 2

So where is Number 1 ?

were they so eager to get this edition going, they have forgotten the public edition?

which one must assume will be Number 1

Sister fokyc hasn't seen one yet!

fokyc

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

Who wants to struggle with the public, white-washed, teethless, political correct edition?

• JW_Researcher
    JW_Researcher

Thank you very much!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit