In (partial ) support of Danny Hazard

by stillajwexelder 138 Replies latest jw friends

• observador
    observador

I don't know about you guys but I did not sign any contract letting Danny to represent me & my wife. His decisions are his. Mine are mine.

It is not about us vs. them. Stop the groupthink and borg mentality.

I couldn't have said that better.

Come on, people! We are blowing this out of proportions. We have to see this as it is: a sad incident created by a person who crossed the line. Danny did and he'll handle it.

I also have seen a lot of "I hope he gets a good lawyer", "this will cost him thousands of dollars and maybe jail", "jury has no sympathy for assailants" and similar calls.

Again, come on! We are judging the man before he's even charged. Unbelievable! Let him handle the problem he created, IF charges are pressed.

I also hear "Oh, Simon should distance himself from such types". I almost want to laugh at that one. Fortunately, Simon is a grown man and knows better.

As Gerard well said, let's stop the group thinking, friends. We are all individuals who are individually responsible for the things we do; let's view the incident for what it is and move on.

Observador.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

I support everything Danny has done, with the exception of this incident. I will continue to support Danny in his fight to expose the Watchtower Cult. I wont let this incident deter me one bit in my plan to expose the Cult. I will plug on.

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Has anyone heard from either Dan or Randy after all this took on a life of it's own?

J

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

When a religion's doctrines have killed you, literally, slowly, and painfully — so that every day you wake up in the actual physical anguish of the harm to humans that a religion's doctrines can do — it may become reasonable to a tortured mind and body that someone should inflict actual physical harm to those who spread a societally harmful, diseased message.

I would NOT do what Danny did but I have NOT suffered what Danny suffered at the hands of that religion, either.

I am still alive and well, and have the luxury of enjoying my life without the daily frustrations of physical medical complications Danny has to endure. I am reminded daily of the religion, my wife is still a JW, so it is always near the top of my mind. Danny is reminded daily by physical pain that was inflicted on him by simply following a doctrine he put unwitting confidence in. Lifelong pain. Literal pain, to accompany the emotional pain so many of us endure on leaving the religion.

There is a difference of many degrees between me choosing to do what Danny did and Danny choosing to do what he did. I would expect a bit more compassion for the motivations that led Danny to this point, regardless of what his bitter anger caused him to do. I don't agree with his choices, but I disagree from the comfort of different circumstances.

For SixofNine and others who advocate for Danny to "move on" or "get a hobby" I wonder whether they know the extent of actual physical loss and pain Danny has experienced. I wonder whether they could so glibly recommend the same if they had lived it for themselves. While I agree that would be best for Danny, I fully understand why that is nigh impossible for him.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

I understand what you are saying Auld Soul and I agree with you.

• JH
    JH

Lets admit it, the Watchtower will push and push until something gives way.......Well 2 very determined minds met that day.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Good point JH.

What about "personal responsibility"? I hear that term thrown around here so much. I dont find it personally responsible to approach the house of a known apostate that has a reputation with the intent of shoving their doctrines down his throat, that amounts to personal taunting and agitating. So let's hear it for personal responsibility.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

For those that have not read all the posts on this topic, I will restate my position as well.

I would NOT have taken the same action as Danny did....but I CAN well understand his frustration and why HE did it. SO MUCH in Danny's life has led up to this incident! And YES.....if the JWs had not ignored the signs posted and decided to go to his door anyway....it would not have happened.

I have SAID I did not condone that spraying, but some posters seem to feel that a only a tarring and feathering of Danny will suffice and those that show a modicum of empathy or understanding of his position....are dead wrong. WE are wrong. THEY are right.

You seem to forget....It is merely YOUR opinion......just as mine is.

• Siamsa
    Siamsa

Danny sought publicity for this act by posting details on the net for your approval.

This thread offers PARTIAL support for his actions.

I UNCONDITIONALLY CONDEMN his actions in this incident. There are no excuses that are acceptable. If you can partially justify what he did, where do you draw the line ?

Dont send the fool any further down this road to no where by condoning or partially condemning his actions.

He was 100% wrong in this case and I will not be encouraging him to repeat the process by offering any support, partial or otherwise.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Does anyone know whether Danny has had his posting priveleges removed? Could this be why he has not responded here?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit