In (partial ) support of Danny Hazard

by stillajwexelder 138 Replies latest jw friends

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

You know I love you, Gal, but this is freakin' me out.

Do you have any family who is left in, Bisous? Family who still shows their love for you? Family who never, ever shunned you? Family who is still victim and held hostage, who has not yet had the strength or wherewithal to get OUT?

I think of the memorial that was started for Linda... FullofDoubtNow. Started by a friend of hers who had pioneered with her. Someone who chose to do the RIGHT thing, regardless of what the society said to do. Someone who did not shun her. Because Linda did not shun Trevor, and Marian and her friend did not shun Linda... they have all found the TRUTH about the Truth.

Honestly, what good do you think will come from this, then? This is an act of terrorism that will perpetuate stories about "apostates", but unfortunately, this story is true. This will only force the frightened chicks to huddle closer together.

Danny Hazard is the Michael Moore of XJW's... but even Michael Moore has enough sense not to use pepper spray on unsuspecting victims on camera.

~~~

“Resentment is like taking poison and then expecting the other person to die.” Dick Ebersol.

Don't think you are alone in your hatred and reason to hate, Danny. But I'm telling you now: If you do NOT get help for it and purge yourself of this hatred... it will poison you to your own death.

You are an adult. Take responsibility for your own actions.

• changeling
    changeling

Guys: What Danny has done gives all ex JW's a bad name. Once word of his assault gets around (and it will), it will hurt our "cause" in a big way.

Violence is never the answer. Defending those who commit violent acts is foolish and irresponsible.

And bottom line: Danny needs help. Cheering him on gives him a warped sense of reality.

changeling

• Siamsa
    Siamsa

To equivocate is to justify - Primo Levi.

Any one who trys to justify this action will have no problem in justifying any action.

I condemn this act unreservedly and seek no explaination or justification for it. Shame on all those who believe otherwise, there is medication available.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Can I have the link to the video??

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

I havent seen the video, so I really cant give an opinion either way.

But If there were more Danny Haszards in the XJW world, this cult would have bit the dust by now.

I wouldnt be surprised one bit if Danny had hundreds of signs around his property warning JW's to keep away.

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

The end does not justify the means. How will this act save anyone from the Watchtower? The victim has created his own victims. Truly ironic, sad and unfortunate.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

It wont, but perhaps it will lead to a change in no soliciting/no trespassing laws.

• wednesday
    wednesday

I thought skeeter had a great post on what trespass is and is not. according what he said, that until they are asked to leave, they are still quests. i would think a sign would be enough. that is asking you to leave. The problem is jws for as long as i have been associated with them ignore those signs and feel they are above all that.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    I thought skeeter had a great post on what trespass is and is not. according what he said, that until they are asked to leave, they are still quests. i would think a sign would be enough. that is asking you to leave. The problem is jws for as long as i have been associated with them ignore those signs and feel they are above all that.

To my way of thinking, THIS is the real heart of the matter---that the WTS has pounded that "we are fearless when spreading the WTS message", and teach them that they ARE "above" having to be respectful of anyone OR their wishes as long as THEY get to have THEIR "say".

Logically, those JWs had to know well in advance that they CLEARLY WERE NOT WANTED on the property, and CHOSE to take their chances when knocking on Danny's door. When they continually ignore ALL signs, letters, etc, and they "boldly and fearlessly" come onto private property, UNWELCOME, UNINVITED AND UNWANTED--- they should be well aware of any risks being taken.

Make no mistake: I was also shocked as I watched the video unfold and saw what Danny did; I seriously doubt that I would have done that myself; and I DO understand the outrage it has caused---BUT---I also feel that the WTS/JWs "bold and fearless" mantra should be brought into the right perspective where they are no longer "free" to harass others because they have the "right" in their own minds.

Being that the JW grapevine as is going to spread this with their own spin, perhaps they will begin to realize that it might be wise to NOT bother those that have already stated they do not WANT any "visits", brief or otherwise. Don't these householders with posted signs, have ANY rights? Why should householders HAVE TO take the time to THEN EXPLAIN the signs to JWs AFTER they have already knocked on the door and bothered whoever was inside?

Granted, they were senior citizens, and I do understand why everyone is appalled at that (and as I said I do not condone or applaud this particular action)---but then again---I feel it is high time that the JWs begin to respect and fully appreciate the rights of the householders as well. They have run roughshod over others for long enough.

Maybe the news of THIS spreading through Watchtowerland, will prompt a letter to the BOE to inform JWs that there CHANGES IN PROCEDURES in being so "bold and fearless" will be made in their door-to-door "ministry".....and the rights of householders with signs and "Do Not Call" wishes WILL FINALLY BE HONORED.

• Siamsa
    Siamsa

Junction Guy,

I havent seen the video, so I really cant give an opinion either way.

On this specific incident that could be true. I do not accept your 'opinion'. By adopting a neutral and passive position you give support to the wrongdoer and ignore the rights and feelings of the victim. The reason why evil prospers is because good people DO NOTHING.

If there were more Danny Hazards in the XJW world, this cult would have bit the dust by now.

How many more in your 'opinion' would be needed ? It does not take any physical or moral strength to attack old age pensioners or senior citizens. Ask any mugger if you really need a second 'opinion'. If you really believe 'in your opinion' that unprovoked attacks on old people / children are legitimate and progress any debate, then "Shame on you".

In my 'opinion' you are wrong.

I wouldnt be surprised one bit if Danny had hundreds of signs around his home warning JWS to keep away.

It may surprise you that he did not, but that is a different matter.

Quit grasping at straws, get off the fence before the splinters pierce your backside (not your conscience) and 'UNCONDITIONALLY' condemn the crime.

If you cannot condemn those that commit and record assaults on senior citizens (and then publicise their actions in a gloating manner on the internet), what right have you to comment on anything. If the assault had been made on a child would you still remain on the fence? If they suffered a permanent or life threatening injury, would that make a difference?

If you were a member of Jury would you have an opinion then or would you bury your head in the sand and let others take a position and form their own and your opinion.

Elvis would still be alive if those around him had told him the 'truth'. In this case the 'truth' was that he needed to go on diet :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit