In (partial ) support of Danny Hazard

by stillajwexelder 138 Replies latest jw friends

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Yes, I've have to agree with everyone here that Dan did indeed get carried away with his actions

they were both malicious and violent and it was not necessary giving the circumstances.

When witnesses go door to door in field service most wouldn't perceive that a No Trespassing sign on someone's house

would pertain to them or No Proselytizing, I doubt if most witnesses know what that means, so you have to give them a benefit of doubt

A strong verbal castigation put upon the callers, with a put me on your do not call list, was all that was needed there

If by accident that it should happen again I hope Dan approaches the situation a little differently and humanely.

Sorry Dan but you you dropped the ball on this one

Be cool my brother... be cool

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

Lenny, I beg to differ. I don't support Danny, and haven't for a long time. And yes, I do condemn him; he's done something horrible, then bragged about it.

• LennyinBluemont
    LennyinBluemont

Of course, Insomniac, you may differ, but please don't misunderstand. When I say "support" Danny, I do not mean support his action, his hatred, his compulsiveness. What I mean is support him as an injured human being who needs healing. He should not be excused from the consequences of his actions. As to condemning him as a human being, I feel that is far beyond my moral authority. I am so done with judging others. And so we do differ.

BTW, happy birthday!

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

Lenny- I think I got caught up in my emotions and mistook what you were saying. You're right, it's one thing to support him as a fellow human: angry as I am just now, I do support him in that sense, although I absolutely won't support his actions. And I do understand the pain he's feeling, as many of us here do. I just think he took this thing way, way too far, and needs to reasess his moral position on this issue.

And thanks for wishing me a happy b-day- although I'm reaching an age where I'd like to forget them sometimes!

• LennyinBluemont
    LennyinBluemont

Insomniac, I think we're all mostly on the same page here with this tragedy. This was an act worthy of a terrorist. But who of us can say we really know what pain and pressures any human being has dealt with during their life? The act is rightly condemned, and I was one of the first to do so, without qualification. For myself, I believe in self-defense, only as a last resort. Non-violence should ALWAYS be the preferred course.

The nice thing about turning 39 is that you can celebrate it every year from now on!

• carla
    carla

I can't really see a jury finding him guilty, maybe community service or something. The mental distress he has suffered at the hands of jw's is trauma, post traumatic stress syndrome, and he does see the jw's as a real threat to his well being and that of his family. He has sent letters and told and retold them NOT to come to his house. I know I have done the same, written NY, the elders got the letter from NY stating NOT to come to my home, told my jw that they had better not show up here again , yet they do. I am at my witts end, how the hell do you keep them away? Their own rules dictate that they not go to no trespassing houses. I have up no trespassing signs, no preaching, no book sales, no soliciting, etc.... My next move was to enlarge a pic of our house with our address clearly printed very large and walk in on a Sunday meeting and inform all of them at one time to stay away. After that they will not appreciate walking on to my property either. No, I will not pepper spray them. But I can sure see how it could come to that point. If they have continued to come to his house even with the detail records they keep on territory it is harrassment.

In a court room setting and the mental and physical distress Danny has suffered at the hands of jw's, I'm sure he could tell his story and there wouldn't be a dry eye in the room. What are the jw's going to say? If I don't get my hours in I may not make it to the big A? My elders will get on my case? I will get in trouble with the CO? I like to annoy people every Saturday morning? 'Yes, he is on the do not call list, is a known apostate who pickets around town but somehow I had the arrogance to think I could change his mind and bring him back into the cult.'

When do these jw's take any responsibility for their own obnoxious behavior? They have no 'right' to knock on doors and continue to knock when people don't want to answer as is often the case. They have no right to keep knocking on doors that have already requested they don't. What about the homeowners rights to be left in peace?

It makes no difference what jw's you know and how 'nice' they are, it is the perceived threat of Danny's that a court will see. Everybody has a breaking point, Danny found his. I would rather he had called the police and had them arrested but he didn't. Vigilanties can be either hero or villian, just depends on which way the reporter runs with it. You still have to take into account Danny's past with the jw's and what it has done to his health and family or lack thereof due to the jw's.

How would I feel if it was my jw? Well, if he kept harrassing a family over and over and over, you just gotta be damn stupid to keep doing it, somethings bound to blow. Frankly, I'm surprised it doesn't happen more often with the stories I hear about jw's looking in windows, banging on doors and yelling 'we know your home!', and things of that nature.

Danny, maybe you need a big mean looking dog and put up signs that Fido eats jw's for breakfast. Nothing seems to have worked to keep them away. But then the politically correct crowd will just say your being mean and intolerant. Never mind what they have done to your life and that of your family and generations to come. Those poor innocent jw's have rights ya know. So do the Nazi's but society doesn't tolerate them do they? Why? Because people are educated about Nazi's, not so with the damage jw's do to families, life, finance, children, pedophiles knocking on our doors, sprirtual abuse, suicides, ............................................................

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

I'm no psychologist, but there is a thing about victims who, if never getting out of their "victimized role", end up victimizing others. It seems that Danny has too long boiled in his own stew of victimhood, and sperhaps hould find a hobby like bird watching or something.

We all know, as adults, how hard it is to build up a good reputation - takes years - but it can all be brought down with one thoughtless or vindictive act. When you can't restrain yourself anymore is when you need to check out and reassess yourself - that is, unless you're not in jail by then or incapacitated by the guilt of harming others just because you have so much pain inside.

Just my two bits Danny...

• bisous
    bisous

I support Danny and his work. What he did pales in comparison to what he has experienced personally, not to mention the arrogance and harm caused by this organization. I hope he gets a good lawyer. I'm sure the rat bastard organization will ensure that their indoctrinees have the best they can find.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I hope he gets a good lawyer. I'm sure the rat bastard organization will ensure that their indoctrinees have the best they can find.

I dont think that would be in the WTS best interest. Unless of course Danny chose this stupid course of action to provoke the WTS DELIBERATELY

• daniel-p
    daniel-p
    But then the politically correct crowd will just say your being mean and intolerant. Never mind what they have done to your life and that of your family and generations to come.

THEY are the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society and its ruling members - not two old guys knocking on your door. And its not "politically correct" to distinguish the difference. I have a wife in the truth who still goes door to door - did she ever do anything to you? Because if anyone pepper sprayed her for knocking on their door I would beat the fucking shit out of them. The same goes for my step father, who is old like these gentlemen.

Part of being INSANE or not is being able to distinguish between reality and unreality. If these two men had personally done harm to Danny in the past, then I wouldn't be so incensed about it. But they're just from his old congregation? How many years as it been?

There is such a thing as decency, graciousness, and reasonableness. People like you and Danny have long ago dropped those key attributes that make true MEN. Maybe you should go back to the JWs - if all you could get out of were a few key points about what made Jesus a great man.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit