In (partial ) support of Danny Hazard

by stillajwexelder 138 Replies latest jw friends

• snowbird
    snowbird

You've got it, Junction Guy.

I just got off the phone with my daughter who never took to the JW's. She said the very same thing.

I remember 30-something years ago when she was a baby, I used to push her in her stroller to return visits. Some were in areas where something terrible could have happened to us. What was I thinking? I shudder now when I think about it.

The WT encourages people to take unnecessary risks so as to "prove their integrity." Yet, what is the WT doing to prove its integrity? Joining the UN and protecting pedophiles?

Sylvia

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

I too dont support the pepper spraying, I would have tried a different tactic such as trying to preach to them in reverse, with the help of a King James Bible.

I dont advocate violence against any person JW or not.

If Danny had toliet papered the kingdom hall, I probably would have laughed about it.

I definitely wont tar and feather Danny though.

• JH
    JH

I wonder what people hate most about the JW's, the fact that they have different beliefs, or the fact that they are pesty and never stop harrassing people in their own homes?

Well, all religions have their own beliefs, so its not that. You guess it !

The JW's are arrogant people who push their beliefs endlessly and do it in the most arrogant way, by going to your door unwelcomed, over and over again, until something gives way.

They are an extreme religion, and what Danny did was just as extreme, but in an illegal way.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

What part of "do not call" do they not understand ??

Here's an example, what if a Hassidic Jew knowingly went to the house of a known islamic leader with the intent of converting him to Judaism, that would be insane and unthinkable. Yet the JW's knowingly went to the house of the most anti-JW in the USA with the intent of converting him, I mean that is almost stupid, correction that is stupid.

• JH
    JH

I compare the JWs to an "Iron fist in a Velvet glove". Their determination and arrogance is the Iron Fist, and their nice clothing and smiles and clean cut, is the velvet glove.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    What part of "do not call" do they not understand ??

Here's an example, what if a Hassidic Jew knowingly went to the house of a known islamic leader with the intent of converting him to Judaism, that would be insane and unthinkable. Yet the JW's knowingly went to the house of the most anti-JW in the USA with the intent of converting him, I mean that is almost stupid, correction that is stupid.

I love your analogy Junction Guy, LOL!

hugs,

Annie

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Thanks Annie, I just get so sick of hearing about that personal responsibility crap, personal responsibility runs both ways.

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

Thats odd...I live within spittin' distance of Bangor,and i have not heard a peep about this..Did this REALLY happen?Or was this a 'stir it up' creation of someone..Truly,i would have heard something about this as I have people in the local news and law enforcement as friends...Im beginning to have doubts that this really even happened..I know there is a video of it,but hell,anyone can make a video..

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Well now that I think about it, this would be very hard to explain to the police or in court by these two brothers. If they were asked by whatever authority if they had ever been notified to not visit there, well we know the asnwer to that one. If they were ever asked if they were familiar with Danny and his feelings about JW's. That's another no brainer. There really isn't much for them to do at this point. Victims of violence or not it would be a hard sell to convince others that they had no prior knowledge of this person, (Danny), or his desire to be left alone.

• Skimmer
    Skimmer

There may be grounds for a lawsuit by the two JWs against their KH elders and perhaps the WTBTS US branch as well for failure to execute due diligence with respect to failure to train and failure to warn.

Regardless of what you might think about Danny's actions, there was without doubt a complete f*ckup by the JWs who allowed the hapless two saps to try and convert the most noted anti-JW in New England.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit