In (partial ) support of Danny Hazard

by stillajwexelder 138 Replies latest jw friends

• searcher
    searcher

Very true, life isn't black and white, and a few are trying to say that about the 'Danny Case'.

• fifi40
    fifi40

I have not seen the video and know very little about Danny.

I am d/fed and as such ordinary JWs preaching in my area should know not to call at my door; but on occassion they still do and I just politely tell them that they should not be calling at my door. I know that it is recommended that elders call on d/fed people once a year in their area and in 7 years I have had one such visit.

Would I wish for people I know who are still involved in the JW org to be victims of violence.............NO...........most of us have been there and should, with all that we have since learnt, understand the blind brainwashing that is the reason why JWs bang away on doors with little success.

The acts of violence committed by terrorist groups does not make ANY of us wish to swear our allegiance to such groups........and this was an act of violence which should only be condemned.

It serves no purpose........it will not cause current JWs to think or examine their belief system, it will not cause them to question things they have been taught, it will not lead one member of this organisation to break away.......in fact it may well have the opposite effect.

Many have suffered abuse, in different ways, because of this religion..........but those who have the intelligence to leave, have questioned those teachings and found them to be wanting, should understand the path that is necessary for freedom from mind control.........random acts of violence are not the way.

For all those that feel passionately about the wrongs of the Jehovah's Witnesses, you should be using your brains and knowledge in a productive manner to fight your cause and you should be clear about what is and is not acceptable.

The only thing that Danny's actions have achieved is to cause talking points on boards such as this.......and possibly a criminal record for himself.

• searcher
    searcher
    I am d/fed and as such ordinary JWs preaching in my area should know not to call at my door; but on occassion they still do and I just politely tell them that they should not be calling at my door.

Isn't that what enables these people?

They impolitely call at a door they are not supposed to call at.

You politely tell them to leave.

So they will be back, again and again.

Of course, what Danny supposedly did just makes martyrs of them, so win win for them.

• fifi40
    fifi40

Searcher

If they call at my home once a year or maybe even twice........I cant say it really bothers me........maybe I am too laid back.........i dont know

That said ......... thoughts of JWs do not consume my every waking moment........and I have learnt that I am responsible for me and all that occurs in my life now........so I dont let loose if one of them calls at my door........

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Ok so your not really opposed then your amvient on them.

Say you were opposed and hated them and wanted NOTHING to do with them didn't even want them on your property. You posted signs you made SURE you were on the DNC records and they CONTINUE to come again and again and again? What do you do?

I say build a fence and get a big mean mother f#$ker of a dog. Danny chooses to use pepper spray. Well good for him. I'm not TRYING to convert them at this point in my life I'm trying to get them to leave me and my family alone!

• searcher
    searcher
    so I dont let loose if one of them calls at my door

Me either.

But I do swear at those people who phone me up all the time trying to sell me double glazing, debt councelling, pension plans......................

The point I was trying to make (nothing personal intended to you) was that no matter what, they win, if we are polite they take that as 'Jehovah smiling on them and smoothing the path', if we are rude/nasty/physical toward them they take it as 'Satans world persecuting them', if we question them, they ignore it.

Mainly I wanted to mention the 'if you don't condemn you condone' thing as I mentioned in my earlier thread, double standards there methinks.

• fifi40
    fifi40

mkr

Hate is not really in my emotional dictionary........so I would be hard pushed to answer truthfully........I certainly dont hate your common or ordinary JW.

If someone was persistant in coming onto my property when they had expressly been asked not to do so I would speak to the police about a restraining order probably.

If someone acted in a violent way toward me on my property, I would defend myself but it would not appear that these 2 old men were acting violently........abuse to the ears possibly.

When faced with this you have a choice

Ignore them and they go away.

Answer the door and tell them to F off, buggar off, or not call depending on how strongly you feel about it.

Assaulting them does not seem to appropriate behaviour in my book.

Fi (of the I want to stay laid back thank you class)

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Me either but I'm not crazy. Danny IS. I like danny but the lad ain't right!

When I was a wee lad there was a crazy violent apostate in our territory and I know for a fact that one of the elders liked to call on her to INTENTIONALY set her off. I know this cause I heard him bragging about it with another elder one time. If she had maced him he would absolutly have deserved it. I'm sorry I can't "read hearts" but I'm willing to bet five bucks these were two guys of that sort.

• Skimmer
    Skimmer

Come to think of it, I would rather have been the recipient of a hundred pepper sprayings in exchange for never having been damaged by the WTBTS cult.

--------

The JWs came banging on my door about once a year. Because I'm disabled, I nearly always at home when they call -- only once in the past decade or so have I come home to a WTBTS tract in my doorway. Each time they come, I engage them in discussion and quickly let them know that I'm well aware of plenty of WTBTS dirt from Jellyfish Russell to the UN scandal along with all the failed prophecies. I have a century old _Studies in the Scriptures_ complete with the fold out pyramid chronology chart along with PDFs of other embarrassing WTBTS publications, all available for edification of the JW door knocker. Now, I just might be having some effect as I've never seen the same JW twice and possibly by the grace of God some of them might have come to the truth about "the Truth".

BUT, they still keep coming. So around here, they either don't have a do-not-call list, or they don't know how to add to it, or they just don't give a damn.

• sf
    sf

carla,

You are NAILING key points. Key issues that not many go deep enough to get to the point of real understanding of just how deadly this org is. And that by continuing to use excuses and not solid reasons to stay in, not to mention selfish excuses, they keep the wt in BUSINESS. [I know this hurts when I say it, yet it's MY opinion.]

If only they would truly realize this dynamic. And if they would only realize how powerful it would be if they indeed did rise up out of their seats and state what they know to be true.

I can UNDERSTAND Dannys frustration at the FACT that whistleblowing is no easy feat. And when the people that should be shouting aren't and don't, that just compounds the frustration. Because is anyone really going to listen to Danny ever again? Likely not. Media had and continues to be inoculated by up to date on all things wt. Yet it is like pulling teeth to get them to understand the degree of corruption and criminal activity within the wt. It appears at times that we hit a brick wall and everyone wonders and expects the "apostates" to get things done. I don't know....I just feel that same frustration at times. But I'd never get to that point of physical aggression and violence.

I find that the lurkers here are priority because they are the ones truly trapped and can't speak. The so-called jws here, on a site like this, speaks more volumes about them than anything else ever will. They don't get that either.

sKally

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit