In (partial ) support of Danny Hazard

by stillajwexelder 138 Replies latest jw friends

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Why does one need all the facts? The proper thing would have been to let the law handle it.

Now the law may indeed handle it, but it may not go as Danny wished. And that is truly sad.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    ***** You are still welcomed to my home in Hawaii. Just one rule; NO COMPUTER TIME FOR YOU! You need to just get away from it all for a while IMO.

Vinny....I am going to reply to this.....and end this once and for all. I have spent enough time going over this in my head and I am not going to allow THIS to eat me up with hurt any more.

You had said you were not going to post on different boards any more and said, among other things, that it was taking up too much of your time, etc, etc and I had written back something along the line that I agreed, and that it WAS addicting (being on the different boards) and it COULD be obsessive if we let it, etc. This was MONTHS ago....(I recall I owed you an email with good news and THAT was about my sister's upcoming visit the first week of August...so I know it had to be said before that)

THEN KABAM I see your post about me referring TO that email! I almost could not believe you had done that! I am the type that when someone writes me something privately---it would NEVER occur to me to blab their thoughts and feelings on an open forum---but then---that's just ME. It wasn't that I said anything I was embarrassed at SAYING....it was a matter of DECENCY and fair play.

When I get HURT by the deliberate actions of someone else....I no longer trust them. I have no desire to spend time with you or to exchange emails. I am not bound to act on what YOU have decided to do or NOT do with respect to the WTS. YOUR choice was not MY choice.

So, I would have to decline ANY invitation to your home.... in that whatever might be said in confidence....could very well be introduced as fodder for discussion and a personal evaluation of my "motives" somewhere in the future. I don't like that feeling, that someone I TRUSTED and I had said something in passing to, would turn around and bite me in the backside with it.

It was kind of crummy of you to do that. A lesson learned on my part.

I wish the best for you and your family....but I have lost respect for you as a friend.

Annie

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

I've read somewhere that this incident was 20 days ago so maybe he get off Scott free, lucky if he did

You can't assault anyone that you please that comes on to your property you have to have reasonable cause to do so, with the intent to protect personal property

such as vandalism or thievery, just because you own your own land doesn't mean you can create your own laws and implement them whenever you think it's justifiable.

The laws don't work that way at least not in my neck of the woods.

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

where did this incident alledgedly happen? like,which state,does anyone know? thanks...

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

also,id really like to see the video..can anyone,danny? pm me w/the link?..thanks...

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

It happened in Bangor Maine at Danny Haszard's home......sorry if I mis-spelled it

• Gopher
    Gopher

Aquagirl -- mayube close to you -- Danny's in Bangor, Maine.

• uninformed
    uninformed

Meanwhile, back at the ranch..................

I have long appreciated the 'fight' that Danny has waged with the giant oppressor. Danny is a hero to some of us, me for one.

I don't know all of the circumstances surrounding the event, and I doubt if any of us know, but I went in service for 45 years, and if there was a DNC or a sign "No Trespassing", I took it seriously. The WT instructions were that if we went ahead to a door that had those signs, we would be on our own.

Does anyone really think that those guys did not know what they were doing when they called there? Danny's house has to be the most identified and hated place in their territory.

I do agree with many on the board that have encouraged all of us to "let the anger go". It would be nice to do that, if we could.

Some have called this an "atrocity". That is quite a bit of an overstatement. I would call it an unfortunate incident. I wouldn't do it, but I will let Danny and the courts figure this one out.

I am not going to try him on the internet.

Brant

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

In (Partial) Support of Danny Hazard ? Why dont you join him if you want in the next phase of his career? I am sure that are still vacancies for muggers of old people. Get off the fence and make a decision that you will be proud of.

Why dont you join him if you want in the next phase of his career? I dont want to - if you read my other comments I condemned his actions

1) Yes I did see the video 2) Yes I condemn Danny's actions 3) Yes he has got obsessive But I dont want this horrible lapse of vindictive judgement to ruin the contribution he has made to this board and ex JWs every

Danny you have been fearless in your exposing JWs for the cult they are and the harm they have done and are doing. Keep up the good work. But please be careful in what you do as this board and recovering XJWs need people like you who are fearless in exposing the WT. However you are better than the WT so please do not stoop to their low level.

Get off the fence and make a decision that you will be proud of. I have , I give him support for the good he has done and condemned his actions in this case

• Vinny
    Vinny

My point Annie is simple:

By spending a large portion of one's life in the pursuit of a negative nature (such as confronting stubborn JW defenders on a daily/hourly basis), one can lose balance and objectivity in the process in my opnion.

Which I believe is what happened to Danny Haszard and and the now infamous Youtube special.

The very few that I know of who advertised the video are all very much like Danny, fully involved in anti JW activism.

Your comments have not only not condemned Danny's handling of the matter, but even gone as far as stating that the JW's got what they deserved. This unhealthy viewpoint, IMO, is the result of the very same issue that caused Danny to take part in this sorry, embarrassing act to begin with; and caused Randy Waters and J Emerson to post, advertise and condone this sorry and embarrassing response as well. And that common denominator is that all of these folks are on what amounts to full time anti-JW campaigns.

Dealing with the JW's for over a year was very frustrating at times for myself. It mattered not what the facts and arguments supported. They would play all the games that you and I know all too well. The change the subject JW two-step shuffle. The political smokescreen moves. Convenient GET OUT OF DODGE vacations. When the going gets rough the JW's go take a nap... on and on.

There is NO REASONING with most JW's on any of the sites I have been a part of. Therefore the frustration and bitterness toward them overall can only accumulate.

Add to that that we are usually shunned and labeled, have lost family, friends and reptuation, plus are literally having to start over, can only add more insult to injury.

Add all of the above to the fact that these folks think they alone are the chosen ones by God Himself, and that all others religions and people of those religions will soon face complete destruction, it is fairly easy to see how we might tend to feel the very same way Danny feels and even DO what Danny just recently did. And then have others that are similar in activities support what Mr Danny has done.

This is what I believe has happend to you. Agree or disagree is fine with me. If you want to cut me off like the JW's that is fine as well. I stated very specifically why I think you need to step a ways back.

Obviously it is your life. I have no bitterness or ill feelings towards you at all.

I just hope you consider what I have said. I have to run, wifey is waiting...

My best to you and yours,

Vinny

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit