Public Talks To Be Discontinued!!! (NOT! - see page 8)

by minimus 149 Replies latest jw friends

• REBORNAGAIN
    REBORNAGAIN

I'm just as guilty. It's not uncommon to panic and say something as soon as you hear something. Due to the shock, it kind of blocks out all further remarks and we hear only 1/2, i.e. the SHOCKER!

If it's not true, we'll forgive you...THIS TIME!

LINDA

• minimus
    minimus

I feel REBORN AGAIN!

• The Scotsman
    The Scotsman

No problem minimus.

I am actually saddened that it might not be true! Surely though the org need to think about changing the name of it from "public" talk. How many members of the public actually attend these talks.

Oh, hot news off the press - TMS and service meeting are being done away with! Society want the Bros and sisters to stay at home and watch telly. Yippee!!!!!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

This is not a total surprise, since originally they were going to cut it to half an hour. But, instead of giving the brothers an extra 15 minutes to watch football (I guess someone saw it), they decided that they were going to force everyone out in field circus instead. And, why stop at one hour? They will probably be stuck out in field circus all fxxxing afternoon every Sunday. When are the children going to have the time to play or get caught up on school work if they have to spend the whold damn day either in a boasting session or out in field circus?

• tijkmo
    tijkmo
    I apologize for bringing on board any misinformation.

maximus

• minimus
    minimus

The one comment (I know) the CO mentioned was how you can't be independent and expect that you can do some things your own way like Adam and Eve and looked what happened to them! They are setting people up to give unconditional devotion.

• Open mind
    Open mind

Hey, Minimus,

Just in the interest of truth, justice & the American way, I feel compelled to comment on this point you made about 4 pages ago:

Realistically, interested ones cannot even have their own WT study article so why would it be unbelievable to conclude that they wouldn't be invited to a meeting that ONLY caters to believers???

Kool-Aid Watchtowers will be available to interested ones who show up at the K Hall for the WT study. They will also be available to advanced Bible Studies or RVs. As for the public talks, if I remember correctly, the letter to ALL CONGREGATIONS in the U.S. mentioned a couple reasons for the shortening of the public talks: 1. More time for association. 2. More time for the Field Circus. Keep on posting Red Orb. Your reasonableness shone through on this thread. Yur a good man Mini. Open Mind

• sspo
    sspo

?

• minimus
    minimus

Open Mind, thank you and thanks for the clarification.

• 5go
    5go

2) A senior citizen misunderstands a CO's comments about a "reduced" public talk as a "discontinued" public talk.
    I agree to a point but last time I checked the CO are privilaged to some info the R&F aren't some times years ahead. Maybe they are doing away with it the year after next and the shrinking is a increment. It also sould be the elimination of the public part making it invitation only.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit