100 Good Samaritans needed

by Trilobite 132 Replies latest jw friends

• Not Perfect
    Not Perfect

Hi Tri,

I had heard of Farkel's situation and didn't know how to help. I knew that Max had left the board for some important reason, but had no idea why, really. It is so easy to read the posts of the intellegent ones and say "That was sooooo good". It is anothere thing to remember that there are real live people that made those posts. Thanks for the reminder that these dear ones are truly our friends and are in need of our help. I will make some adjustments in my life, so that I can help the ones that have helped me in my time of desperation. How else can I show how much I appreciate their words and works? They have done so much to lift my spirit and inspire my soul. It is such a little thing to just not buy something that I see that I want and give that little bit to help someone that is in much greater want than I can imagine.

Friends, we are being called upon to help out our 2 friends in their time of trouble. Have you ever seen a guy on a street corner with a sign and thought "How did he get to such a low point?" Those guys didn't have the network of friends that OUR friends have. It is a small sacrifice that we can individually make for those that we know, love and appreciate. Whatever you settle in your heart to give, is a fine thing.

Take Care, Not Perfect

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

Please help. So many people posting. So little money.

Giving is not just a natural act. It hurts not to give. We see pain in another, and we want to ease the hurt. We see someone lost, and want to help them find their way. It's the 'human' in all of us.

Can't we give to help our fellow humans?

April

"Love never dies." Voivodul Vlad Draculea (from Bram Stoker's Dracula-1992)

• Farkel
    Farkel

: Please help. So many people posting. So little money.

So many selfish assholes who only like to take and give nothing back.

We are not a very advanced species.

Farkel

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Hi Doug, when you see this, could you send em an e-mail please? I want to ask you something.

Shari

"I don't want someone in my life I can live with, I want someone in my life I can't live without."

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Hello Farkel,

Now that I know that it is Max that is also suffering, I insist that the majority of any money goes to him.

Many people feel a little uncomfortable giving in these strange circumstances, it is all very new to them, but I feel that given a few days when the idea sinks in, many more will respond and there will be no need to divide monies.

Just hang on, the lifeboats are on the way. Send me your address.

As to your 'landlord'. He has stolen your property and is responsible for it. Report him to the police.

Kindest regards -- HS

• Esmeralda
    Esmeralda

Okay. I can't sleep. I have an idea about getting folks to help, I will start a new thread.

love
    es

• Prisca
    Prisca

: Please help. So many people posting. So little money.
    So many selfish assholes who only like to take and give nothing back.

Yeah, great attitude Farkel. Makes us all warm and fuzzy and more inclined to contribute something.

• Esmeralda
    Esmeralda
    Yeah, great attitude Farkel. Makes us all warm and fuzzy and more inclined to contribute something.

I cannot believe that you just said that. Knowing the mans state of mind right now...

God I have got to go back to bed. I just can't watch any more of this.

Dr. Phil McGraw says that "A real friend is somebody who is coming in the door when everyone else is going out."

I think a lot of true colors are being shown here. Many will give who will never say so outwardly, because they are giving for the reason of giving and not to get attention and I thank all of them for that. Others will find ways to pick and critisize people when they're at their lowest emotional points.

Way to kick him when he's down. Couldn't you just let it go?

I am so disgusted right now.

Well, at least you brought the thread back to the top.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Way to kick him when he's down. Couldn't you just let it go?

Apparently not....

Going to bed too, and will cry myself to sleep as I did last night,

G'night Fark.....

Shredded families and ruined lives;
    The WBTS has MUCH to answer for......

Hugs,

Sunspot

• Prisca
    Prisca

Essie,

Settle down ok? I'm not kicking anyone, and especially not Farkel. Farkel's a big boy, he'll get through this.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit