by Trilobite 132 Replies latest jw friends

• Trilobite
    Trilobite

Essie,

Nothing yet from Farkel.

T.

• Englishman
    Englishman

If Farkel is in the shit I will happily send the cantankerous old sod some lolly, 'cause I've been where he is.

Someone just say where to and its on its way.

Englishman.

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be....

• Esmeralda
    Esmeralda

:/

nothing from him here either. :( I'm off the computer soon for the night, eyes bothering me. I will check here once more before I go to bed though, let me know if you hear, k T?

Thanks *hugs*
    es

• Esmeralda
  • Trilobite
    Trilobite

Hi Essie,

Nada here either. $170 a month split in some way between Farkel and Max is not going to do much. With over 3000 registered posters I think we can do better. Of course, many may want to operate independently. But still, I'm disappointed in the level of support.

Let's put it in context, as NPR might do; a coke a day for a month is about $20.00. Those who have already offered help are themselves, in most cases, very needy and yet are giving out of their need, not their excess. Their stories, as I receive them are amazing. A young college student in the Phillipines has offered to help; single mothers who are working three jobs.

Please help,

T.

• Buttercup
    Buttercup

Hey T I past my posting limit, first time!

Okay, I know exactly what you're going through, being disappointed with the contributions so far. I've been through this with fundraising in these situations before. People think they can't do enough so they do nothing.

Listen, folks. There are, as T pointed out, 3000 members of this forum. If you each went out and got a money order for 2.00 apiece each for our friends in need, that would add up to 6000.00 apiece! That's less than the price of a happy meal, for crying out loud.

I know that some here are in desperate finantial times, but I also know that many are well off.

If you've been helped even once by a post by Farkel or Max, can you do this? Please? Just a couple dollars a month in an envelope for a little while. It won't hurt you and it really will help them.

Thanks, guys. You've got hearts of gold.

essie

• waiting
    waiting

Howdy,

Sorry for the delay in responding. There's so many threads lately, and my time - like most - is getting tighter. I've just clicked onto this thread, as well as HS's about Mr/Mrs Max's circumstances.

I'm so sorry for the low times - many of us have had them, remember, and don't want to go back. However, we also don't want others to be there any longer than necessary. And, thankfully, low times do tend to go away.

Perhaps others haven't seen this thread either? I'll e-mail Trilobite and HS.

Somehow, I've never seemed to *click* with Farkel - I don't think he understands my sense of humor. Amazingly, that's the way my husband views me too - with something like 2 decades of confusion.

Count me in - what are friends for, eh?

waiting

• Farkel
    Farkel

Now that I know that it is Max that is also suffering, I insist that the majority of any money goes to him. He is my big brother and my great pal, and he has health conditions that I don't have. I insist he get the most help. He is also older than me, and I am older than dirt! Also, he "served" the WTS for at least four decades, and they haven't given him squat. Besides all that, he is also "spiritually mature." Whatever-in-the-hell-THAT means.

I will shovel crap in a sewer before I will let my personal problems get more attention and help than the ones Max now has.

Geeesh! I love you folks. Now help Max! I can always wreck my life by going to live with Trilobyte!

T: love you, guy.

Farkel

• waiting
    waiting

As a sidenote - I've e-mailed Trilobite & HS.

However - and there's always a however - what about HS's thread about Mr/Mrs Maximus? There is a Mrs. Maximus involved here - and so far, she's not been mentioned much.

Call me a feminist, whatever.........but Mrs. Max is undergoing the same type medical problems, and the same financial problems, as her husband - they've both lost most of their lives to the WTBTS, and their hope of an income in their older age. And if Mrs. Max succumbs, I think Mr. Max would too.

I just wish my husband spoke as highly of me as Max does his lovely wife of many decades. Of course, my husband will counter, "well, if you'd act like.........." and then I'd have to say "shuuuut up!" *sigh*

So please remember that there are three people in financial need here, and help them all?

Thanks to all who've brought this situation to our attention. You're proving to be fine friends.

waiting

• Trilobite
    Trilobite

Guys,

Nuances are fine and dandy, but hell cut the crap; commit the money, send it directly to those in need, and then we have eternity to discuss who/what/how/ we could've done it better, or don't. No biggie.

I don't have the time to discuss details; agree to contribte or don't. If you want to discuss the niceties, etc., start y'r own thread. Constructive ideas are most welcome.

T.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit