100 Good Samaritans needed

by Trilobite 132 Replies latest jw friends

• waiting
    waiting

Heeeeeeeey Nathan,

(I hope posting these doesn't piss anyone off):

You said that on the OTHER thread. Oh well, guess once pissed, doesn't really matter how much further, eh?

Thanks.

waiting

• Sunbeam
    Sunbeam

If anyone figures out how to get £££'s from the UK to the US, please let us Brits know.

Just a thought - Randy has a secure site that accepts credit card no's. Any chance of Freeminds setting up a Farkel and Max's fund that we can donate to using our plastic??

Sunbeam
    xxxx

• Deacon
    Deacon

If I may just take a moment of your time.

Trilobite. The main problem here is that no one has done anything.

Go open a bank account. Give us the number. We will send contributions.

I give you my money and my trust.

If you prefer, send us your own bank account code and we will send money..you still have my trust.

Then write a cheque for whovever needs it, cash to Doug, cheque to the others...

You have my trust.

Ladies and gentlemen. Please stop with the fighting. Either we help or we dont. Either way it doesnt matter except to those who need it. DOnt tell me who contributes and who doesnt for it really doesnt matter, we all do what we can. Some of us are scraping by too.

I expect to hear from you trilo today so I can send some money immediately, that way it STARTS.

Deacon, who knows the legalities of charities, but also the neccesity of getting on with things..

[email protected]

• Andee
    Andee

The best way to get Pounds (sorry, I don't have the symbol on my keyboard) is to get either an International Money Order (in US funds) or by International Wire Transfer.

FIRST, however, there has to be a place to send it.

Andee

• Sunbeam
    Sunbeam

Thanks, Andee. I've tried to send money to the US before, but found that the fee for an internat. money order was huge. I haven't looked into wiring it.

Sunbeam
    xxxx

• Trilobite
    Trilobite

To avoid confusion perhaps everyone should look at this thread
    http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=14254&site=3

where AlanF describes the arrangements.

Perhaps we should close this thread now and keep the other on top.

• msil
    msil

• jukief
    jukief

I haven't been on the board for a few days, and just now took a look at these threads about Farkel and Maximus. I was disgusted by Waiting's comment about the regulars on the board (including my husband) not helping out, and Prisca's agreement. You don't know anything at all about what Alan has done, but I can tell you that not only does he devote almost every minute of his spare time to this work (and his family suffers for it), but he also helped MANY people financially. And I have the checkbook to prove it.

Just because people don't run around blowing their own horns doesn't mean they aren't doing things in private. Think before you speak.

Waiting, I see that you posted an "apology" but I didn't think it sounded very sincere. I might be making too much of this, but you have no idea how much our family has sacrificed to this JW crusade--and I'm not just talking about money. It's a very sore point with me.

• larc
    larc

In Farkel's case, I think he should set up a bank account. Money can be automaticly withdrawn from our accounts and sent to his. Since he is not anonamous, there is no need for third party intervention. In Maximus's case, I feel comfortable sending money to AlanF.

Farkel, I e mailed you regarding a recent note I sent to you. Did you receive it???

Call the police regarding your land lord and take him to small claims court.

This is hind sight, but for the old warriers, it might have helped the cause if you had mentioned recent help on your part, with encouragement for others to do the same. I think if you had done this early in the thread it would have been useful.

• Tina
    Tina

I'm sorry larc,but you missed the whole point. It's not incumbant on those who help to go public here.I dont think it would have helped either.Nobody has to publicly justify what they do. It's really a very simple concept,those who want to just DO.If people have the heart to help,whatever somebody does or doesnt do means nothing.They'll do it or they wont. An individuals heart should guide them,not what others are doing.
    Take a note here. When someone writes a nasty low insulting post, doesnt use a cuss word,makes it no less insulting. Some of the worst insults and slams are done by peeps who never use acuss word here.I get such a kick out of peeps who think couching insults under the guise of questions,casting aspersions on others is somehow less of an insult than one that has a foul word in it lol.

(in best police voice)
    You have the right to remain stupid. Anthing you write can and will be ignored.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit