As a JW were you ever counseled about clothes you wore, or lack thereof ?

by flipper 125 Replies latest jw friends

• John Doe
    John Doe
    It's unrealistic to expect my husband to find me attractive? You're weird!

Once again you're misunderstanding what I said. It is unrealistic to expect your husband to find you attractive to the exclusion of everyone else. Do you really expect to have a monopoly on hotness?

• calico
    calico
    For a man to not have an inclination to look at a beautiful woman, he is either a homosexual or severely repressed.

Gay men look at beautiful women--just not with the same thoughts!

By the way, HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN MARRIED!

• John Doe
    John Doe

Not as long as I've been a man. ;-)

• calico
    calico
    Do you really expect to have a monopoly on hotness?

Now you are being silly--I never said that!

• John Doe
    John Doe

You didn't? Then what did you mean when you said "I'm the one my husband is supposed to find attractive?" Does not "the one" imply there is not a second one? For your husband to only find one person attractive, what would that require unless it be a monopoly on attractiveness by you?

• calico
    calico

You're not married, huh?!

• John Doe
    John Doe

Nope, and that also allows me to speak freely and truthfully. ;-)

• calico
    calico

Get back to me when you've been married awhile. It's a bitch when the person you love so much rips out your heart.

• John Doe
    John Doe

You're using an argument known as ad hominem. In other words, you're attacking me and not my argument. That's not a valid position.

Let's analyze what you are saying, and you tell me where I'm wrong. You're saying that your husband should not find another woman attractive because it "rips your heart out." So, what you're wanting him to be is something that no man is. Simply because he is a human who feels a biological attraction for a beautiful woman, you feel the non sequitur feeling that this somehow means you are unattractive.

• Highlander
    Highlander
    the problem is not mine--it is my husband that has the problem.

Sorry, but you don't have a 'magic muffin' that surpasses all others. To honestly expect that your husband becomes like a eunuch except when in your presence is ridiculous. I'm married, and before I signed the corporate partnership with my wife I had told her that I will always notice beautiful women and that if she finds that offensive then she's unrealistic and should never be married. Not for one second am I jealous when my wife notices a good looking guy. Is she going home with him or me? At the end of the day she's still with me. If she does go home with the other guy. Big deal. Then I'll find a better person to be with.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit