As a JW were you ever counseled about clothes you wore, or lack thereof ?

by flipper 125 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

John- Thanks for the props bro. I know you are a caring guy. We've all been hurt by this cult. Peace.

5go- I'm glad when you wore your beret, they didn't accuse you of being Monica Lewinsky for christ's sake

• lola28
    lola28

Why should anyone have to change the way the dress to make someone else feel better or to avoid making someone feel bad? Calico, it seems that you are very insecure and you and your husband really need to sit down and talk about the problems you two seem to be having. This is not about the way other women dress, this is about something your relationship is lacking.

Lola

• flipper
    flipper

LOLA28- That goes without saying, that she needs help in her relationship with her husband. And yes, we do have the right to wear what we want. However some of us on this board have been through a hell of a lot that makes us insecure with ourselves and life in general. I feel we just need to be a little understanding of that

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Yes - I used to wear outrageous ties - so I got a bit of a talking to

• flipper
    flipper

STILLA- I think you look a lot better without the tie in your avatar! Oops, sorry forgot you're a guy! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• BlackPearl
    BlackPearl

Calico, it sounds like you've got some serious problems with your marriage. It's tough to say who's at fault, maybe both of you. Being angry though, won't help anything.

BP

• Scully
    Scully

I was counselled one time about the v-neckline of a dress that I was wearing. Another time I was counselled about a toe-ring that I wore with sandals - this was in the early 80s before it was as common as Chinese character tattoos on peoples' wrists - apparently it was "sexually provocative" (someone had a foot fetish, I suppose ).

Oddly enough, I was never counselled for omitting panties from my wardrobe at the district convention.

• flipper
    flipper

SCULLY- You had a toe ring and people thought it was sexual? Wow! I've always thought toe rings are cool on a woman, but never equated it with sexual! Different strokes I guess as they say! However, the reason you got away with wearing no panties at the assembly is pretty easy to understand, with the witnesses, remember, everything is about the outward appearance. Thank gawd, they don't inspect our inner garments. Witnesses would be in deeper $hit if they did! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Yes Scully no panties at an convention, kinky

I never got consoled on clothing but I did get some for my hair being an inch over my ears

No more talks or service for you until that hair is cut young man

Of course the elder that was checking out every guys hair length looked like Homer Simpson and I think it was making him anxious and probably envious

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Oddly enough, I was never counselled for omitting panties from my wardrobe at the district convention

Scully - you wicked lady - you

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit