As a JW were you ever counseled about clothes you wore, or lack thereof ?

by flipper 125 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

HOMEROVAH- Yes, I got counseledfor long hair in the late70's when every guy had bigger hair!

STILLA- Can you imagine sisters giving talks without anything underneath or pantyhose? Would put a new meaning on " new light " at the meetings!

• John Doe
    John Doe

I see the lack of underwear caught the guys' attention.

• educ8self
    educ8self

And I wasn't even following this thread..

Well here's a twisted thought for the day, picture this: Brother getting baptized undressing reveals ladies panties.

• educ8self
    educ8self

Oh, oh - think Borat.

• flipper
    flipper

EDUC8- Pretty twisted thought! Or imagine a sister getting dunked into the baptism pool with facial hair ! Or better still a brother getting dunked for baptism after having breast augmentation surgery and they find out he's a transvestite! Wow! Guess they couldn't say much in the way of counsel? What are you gonna say? Peace out, Mr. Flipper of the ( I accept everybody class! )

• educ8self
    educ8self

Well I'm pretty sure there have been some sisters with a light mustache getting dunked, I mean some people just have the hormone balanced tipped that way I suppose..

Now you did make me think of Meatloaf in Fight Club, suppose he was going to become a Witness.. I guess that would be like the testicular cancer support group. Spiritually castrated: (flatly) "Yes we're men, men is what we are."

• calico
    calico

Besides, I want some women to answer my question--why did they dress in a provocative way at the meetings? In my opinion they are insecure. Can't catch a man with their personality!

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76
    Besides, I want some women to answer my question--why did they dress in a provocative way at the meetings? In my opinion they are insecure. Can't catch a man with their personality!

I already answered it for you.

I am secure and I do like to feel sexy, it's human nature.

In case you didn't know men cannot stand overbearing controlling women, no amount of beauty or sexyness will ever make up for this, looks fade but your personality will not.

If you continue to blame others for the problems in your marriage, not only will ruin your relationship but you will be alone for the rest of your life.

• calico
    calico

I am secure and I do like to feel sexy, it's human nature.

But, was the Kingdom Hall the place to feel sexy?

• calico
    calico

I took the truth seriously and if that meant dressing in a modest way, then that is what I tried to do. I thought I was pleasing god and that was very important to me. More important than having the brothers and sisters find me sexy. Couldn't you go for a couple of hours without looking sexy?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit