NAME JUST ONE thing....ONE THING...revealed by God....

by Terry 284 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• rebel8
    rebel8

"Well, when we do as the Bible says and "abstain from blood" transfusions, then "good health" to us!"

lol

I would be rofl too except I'm in too much pain to roll around on the floor. The pain is from untreated bleeds (did joint damage) whilst the wts was on the flip side of their flip flop about blood fractions.

*raises glass* "Good health to me! Yay!"

• Terry
    Terry
    It's like protecting your child from seeing or doing horrible things that would scar them emotionally and may cause them to hurt themselves physically. God is our Heavenly Father. He only wants to protect us and give us good things but we are harden and stubborn and want more...more...and more that we don't really need or just plain curious. People in nature are curious but we should listen to those who know better. God always knows best. We just don't listen and get in trouble.

Shot yourself in the foot on that one, pardner.

A parent protects their children. If a disobedient child is about to play with matches will a parent let them go up in flames just to teach them a lesson?

In China, if you save a person's life you are RESPONSIBLE for that person. Why? Because they would have died and now, because of your intervention, you have taken their life into your hands.

By the same token, if you love somebody and truly are caring about their well-being you cannot morally allow them to harm themselves.

Haven't you heard? Friends don't let friends drive drunk.

That's moral responsiblity.

God has none. God flunks parenting and godhood.

Attributing the actual creation of intestinal worms, stinging scorpions, cancer, etc. to the Fall of Adam is ludicrous. For one thing you cannot point to a scripture which supports it.

Why? Because GOD RESTED after creating ADAM!

Further, creation of anything (good or bad) violates His rest.

• eclipse
    eclipse
    Do you remember Adam & Eve?

No, actually, I have the memory of a fundy and also lack any ability to reason or use facts to back up my viewpoints.

Books, shmooks, all you need is the Bible and the truth shall set you free! amen.

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

rebel:
    I'm in too much pain to roll around on the floor. The pain is from untreated bleeds (did joint damage) whilst the wts was on the flip side of their flip flop about blood fractions.

Hi. I believe that blood transfusions can help save someone's life. Eating meat that had not been bled is much different than giving or receiving blood transfusions. The law of the Jews and the Gentiles.

Jesus did things to help people which was interpreted by the religious leaders as being against the law of Moses. Did Jesus give in and say, "Oh, I hadn't thought of it that way. I won't do it again?" No! On the contrary, he called them hypocrites. He showed them that leading their ox from the stall on the Sabbath to give it a drink, which they had never thought God intended the law to prohibit, would have been just as much against the law as healing. Jesus was teaching that it is always important to do good things for people. God does not oppose doing good, and His law should not be interpreted as if He did.

Christ helped us understand a very important principle: the law was given to help people, to get people to do good and not evil. The law encourages us to save lives, but sometimes withholding blood actually amounts to killing. What would you do if your child were in an accident and lost so much blood that without a transfusion he would die and you had the right type of blood to save him? Would you save the life, or kill? Those who twist the law and tell you, "You should not give blood, even when it will save a life!" do not understand that important underlying priciples of the Bible, but have taken its words in the same superficial way the Pharisees did. Like them, they end up contradicting what God teaches us to do.

hibiscusfire

hibiscusfire

• TopHat
    TopHat

One thing: The Earth

• Terry
    Terry

Jesus did things to help people which was interpreted by the religious leaders as being against the law of Moses. Did Jesus give in and say, "Oh, I hadn't thought of it that way. I won't do it again?" No! On the contrary, he called them hypocrites. He showed them that leading their ox from the stall on the Sabbath to give it a drink, which they had never thought God intended the law to prohibit, would have been just as much against the law as healing. Jesus was teaching that it is always important to do good things for people. God does not oppose doing good, and His law should not be interpreted as if He did.

Christ helped us understand a very important principle: the law was given to help people, to get people to do good and not evil. The law encourages us to save lives, but sometimes withholding blood actually amounts to killing. What would you do if your child were in an accident and lost so much blood that without a transfusion he would die and you had the right type of blood to save him? Would you save the life, or kill? Those who twist the law and tell you, "You should not give blood, even when it will save a life!" do not understand that important underlying priciples of the Bible, but have taken its words in the same superficial way the Pharisees did. Like them, they end up contradicting what God teaches us to do.

Rational, cogent, precise and well-reasoned!

Kudos!

• poppers
    poppers

"People in nature are curious but we should listen to those who know better."

Isn't it ironic that people are curious by naturre, yet are condemned for using their curiosity. When a restriction is placed on someone doesn't curiosity inevitably arise? You can't have it both ways, to be given curiosity and then not be allowed to exercise it.

• Terry
    Terry
    One thing: The Earth

I'm guessing you did NOT read my 1st post. My question has context.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Interesting about the circle of the earth. I always felt it did not mean anything revolutionary about the earth being a globe. The writer looked into the sky and saw the sun was circle, the moon was circle and so deduced the earth is too.

• Terry
    Terry
    You can't have it both ways, to be given curiosity and then not be allowed to exercise it.

People need mind-tools to have a useful curiousity productively inform their choices.

How many believers have ever studied logical fallacies? How many have studied enough of the history of philosophy to see how mankind has taught itself how to think practically? How many people of faith actually sneer at book learning about history or biblical criticism?

Authority is fearful of losing its control. The first symptom of loss of control is having to answer questions.

People need mind-tools to think rationally.

STEP ONE to becoming rational.

1. The only things which are true are those things which are established by evidence of an ostensible nature. If you can't point to evidence which is instanciated by an ostensible referent you are dealing with irrational constructs.

(Translation: You prove something is true by pointing to an actually existing example and citing evidence by testing, measuring and finding a way to falsify it (the belief) if it fails a test.)

Believers are fooled into thinking they are verifying beliefs by referring to the bible. The bible is not an ostensible proof of anything. The bible is the ground zero of untestable assertion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit