NAME JUST ONE thing....ONE THING...revealed by God....

by Terry 284 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Terry, I'm beginning to wonder whether you're employing tactics which JW apologists are so often accused of on this board.

The topic being discussed isn't inconsistencies in the Bible.

I was referring to the first account of creation over 6/7 days.

If it is correct, how could ancient mankind have known that order?

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

I will NAME JUST ONE thing...ONE THING...revealed by God....

His love.

hibiscusfire

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

His love.

don't forget "his" anger, hate, etc.

• Terry
    Terry

Terry, I'm beginning to wonder whether you're employing tactics which JW apologists are so often accused of on this board.

The topic being discussed isn't inconsistencies in the Bible.

I was referring to the first account of creation over 6/7 days.

If it is correct, how could ancient mankind have known that order?

I keep guessing what you are trying to prove. Let me try again. Here is one group of fundamentalists disproving another group by referencing what you have brought up. (I assume you are familiar with Hugh Ross and his "Reasons to Believe" ministry.

http://www.creationontheweb.com/content/view/1654
  • Terry
    Terry

His love.

LOVE is a concept informed by the values which define it.

LOVE must have an object and a set of standards which sets the valuation.

LOVE is the highest emotional value possible according to strict standard.

For God to LOVE there must be an object of his love and a standard.

If God LOVES the world (...for God so loved the world that he...) it must conform to his standard.

If God is perfect and requires a perfect standard of behavior then man fails because man sins.

For God to suspend his justifiable condemnation of man (because man fails the standard) is to violate his own standard. To violate your own perfect standard is to cease to be perfect yourself!

The Bible tells us God suspends his justifiable condemnation of mankind (i.e. "the world") by allowing an innocent to suffer death IN PLACE OF the guilty. Punishing the innocent in place of the guilty is also a mockery of JUSTICE.

If God can set a perfect standard and condemn humans by it and suspend the perfect standard and approve humans by waiver--God is arbitrary, capricious, whimsical and unjust.

Do you still say GOD IS LOVE?

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

Terry:

Yes I still say GOD IS LOVE. The true God and living God that is.

Proverbs 15:17
    Better is a dinner of herbs where love is, than a stalled ox and hatred therewith.

Romans 13:10
    Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

1 John 4:7
    Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

Terry:

Yes I still say GOD IS LOVE. The true God and living God that is.

Proverbs 15:17
    Better is a dinner of herbs where love is, than a stalled ox and hatred therewith.

Romans 13:10
    Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

1 John 4:7
    Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.

1 John 4:12
    No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us.

Love is patient andkind; lovedoes not envy or boast; itis not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; itis not irritable or resentful; itdoes not rejoice at wrongdoing, butrejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

Love never ends.

hibiscusfire

• eclipse
    eclipse

Those were among my favourite scriptures as well.

and like Forrest Gump, ''that's all I have to say about that''.

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Terry..good topic. Here is my point on your question. To answer your question one must believe a God exist's. For those who don't believe a God exist's..well it's moot to them.

Sometime ago I read a very interesting book, I wonder if it is in your book store or if you have read it already. I have read some of the books that you have suggested here in times past. Thanks for that. The title of the book is.."The Question of God" by DR. Armand M. Nicholi,Jr.

C.S. Lewis and Sigmund Freud debate God, Love, Sex and The Meaning of Life..It is a book about belief and nonbelief. It does not presuppose which answer is correct. Instead, it uses two of history's most articulate spokesmen to present arguments on both sides.

In the end the reader must join Nicholi's hundreds of former students in deciding for themselves which path to follow.

From the inside jacket information. Many of history's greatest thinkers have wrestled with the ultimate question of belief and nonbelief in God. Though it might seem unlikely that any new arguments could possibly be raised on either side, the twentieth century managed to produce two men who each made brillant, new, and lasting arguments, one in favor of belief and one opposed.

Your topic reminded me of this book. Here's why. There are persons who believe that the Bible is inspired of God and others who don't. Believer will struggle to answer your question..Name Just One Thing ...revealed by God. My view is that they can't and so they have no choice but to use circular reasoning to do so. i.e. the bible says it, the bible says God reveals things to certain people and I believe the bible which is circular reasoning, as you already know.

Another example why they can't answer your question is the person who also used an AD HOMINEN, attacking you, instead of giving an answer to your question.

It will be interesting to see if any new arguments to your question will be forthcoming.

At the same time, in the end, each one of us must decide for ourselves as to whether we believe in God and that he has inspired a Book or not. And what has he actually revealed that touches on our life now ,and if there is one, that to come.

Blueblades

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

Blueblades: Believer will struggle to answer your question..Name Just One Thing ...revealed by God. My view is that they can't and so they have no choice but to use circular reasoning to do so. i.e. the bible says it, the bible says God reveals things to certain people

Believers do not struggle to answer the question!. We can answer the question and without "circular reasoning" as you call it. If you are in the spiritual realm of God you would see not just one but many, many things are revealed by God. However, those who do not believe in God would not want to admit that God reveals many things to people in many ways that is not necessarily written in the Bible.

And if you find this does not make sense, it's because you are not allowing God to reveal it to you because of stubborness.

hibiscusfire

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit