NAME JUST ONE thing....ONE THING...revealed by God....

by Terry 284 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Terry
    Terry
    The way the Universe holds itself together or rather the milky way solar system.

I'm sorry, I don't quite understand what you are offering here. Could you lay it out for me a bit more expansively?

Thank you.

p.s. (Did you mean Milky Way solar system?)

• FlipThis
    FlipThis

I know of one thing revealed by God....

There is no God

• FlipThis
    FlipThis

I know of one thing revealed by God....

There is no God

• Terry
    Terry
    You say humans provided energy, I dont think a human produced the sun or solar system, humans didnt provide oil, natural gas, they may have figured out how to harness it but didnt produce it.

Ummm, huh?

You don't think a human produced the sun or solar system. Okay. Did I say they did?

What wisdom are you offering on behalf of God here? The statement that God created the solar system?

Is that it?

That is merely an assertion.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. Surely that is honest.

Saying God did this or did that is not anything more or less than what every primitive religion asserted for their belief system.

Try again and try harder this time.

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

Wisdom comes from God.

If scientists are intelligent how come they cannot truely figure out the creation of life? (God is the Creator)

No human can hold the solar system together. It's all God's doing.

Hibie

• Terry
    Terry

Two things revealed in the Bible are:

1. Insects have 4 legs!

2.Pi isn't 3.14 it is actually 3!

Surely that is Divine Wisdom!

The Leviticus writer... was so unobservant.... that he apparently thought insects were four legged creatures....

[and that these insects were unique with legs above their feet]:

.....Now I want some enterprising inerrancy defender to give us a list of insects that don't have legs above their feet."

[Lev 11:20-23 BB]:

(v. 20) "All winged creeping things that go upon all fours are an abomination to you.

(v. 21) Yet these may you eat of all winged creeping things that go on all fours, which have legs above their feet, with which to leap upon the earth;

(v. 22) Yet these may you eat of all winged creeping things that go on all fours, which have legs above their feet, with which to leap upon the earth;

(v. 23) even these of them you may eat: the locust after its kind, the bald locust after its kind, the cricket after its kind, and the grasshopper after its kind. But all winged creeping things, which have four feet, are an abomination to you

Farrell Till

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

4:2

Also he made a molten sea of ten cubits from brim to brim, round in compass, and five cubits the height thereof; and a line of thirty cubits did compass it round about. Since the molten sea was round with a diameter of ten cubits and a circumference of thirty cubits, we know that the biblical value of p is 3. (The actual value is approximately 3.14159.)

Skeptic's Bible
  • eclipse
    eclipse

Hello Hibie,

Can you show me in the Bible where it is written that ''our solar system'' is held together by god?

Can you show me where the writers knew of any other celestial objects besides the ones they could see with their naked eye?

Surely if God wrote the Bible, He would of put SOME clear information that the men of that time could not have possibly known about.

For instance: That there are other planets in orbit around the sun with the earth.

If the Bible had anything like that, I would then believe that the writers were spirit inspired.

I see no evidence to back up that claim.

• journey-on
    journey-on

I know we were created. I know there is a Divine Presence. I know this Divine Presence interacts with creation. How I know this, I don’t know. I’m reminded of Lao-Tzu’s words: "He who knows does not speak, he who speaks does not know."

I can only assume for those that don’t know yet that it’s sort of like needing to fine tune your receiver and get rid of all the static. When it comes through, it’s so clear that you are astonished and amazed and you just "know." You can’t even talk about it with any sort of clarity. It just is and you know it.

You don’t need a religious faith. You don’t need a bunch of holier than thou ministers spouting Biblical doctrine and preaching blind faith. You don’t need ritual and sacrifice. You certainly don’t need five meetings a week and a life of door-to-door preaching of some religious ideology.

You don’t need to be highly educated or not educated. You don’t need to buy into the latest New Age stuff or fill your mind with any philosophical or religious perspective. You don’t need to embrace any doctrine or any religion. You don’t need to explain yourself or defend it.

The Bible is a unique and unusual human/Divine collaboration. You find both perspectives in it and when you read it enough, you figure out which is which and you discover layer upon layer of revelations.

• Terry
    Terry

Surely if God wrote the Bible, He would of put SOME clear information that the men of that time could not have possibly known about.

For instance: That there are other planets in orbit around the sun with the earth.

If the Bible had anything like that, I would then believe that the writers were spirit inspired.

I see no evidence to back up that claim.

Right you are! Clear information or data of some dazzlingly transcendant examples are in order. The Bible got its reputation somehow. It can't all have been sheer brute credulity, can it???

I'm flabbergasted! I expected a plethora of Bible inerrantists to descend with examples of Divine inspiration!

Surely, my challenge should be extremely easy to meet.

I should be torn to shreds by now.

I only conclude nobody has seen my Topic yet!

Try harder, people!

• Terry
    Terry
    I’m reminded of Lao-Tzu’s words: "He who knows does not speak, he who speaks does not know."

Did Lao-Tzu speak those words?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit