GOOD GOD!! WHY ARE THERE SO MANY.......????

by Terry 192 Replies latest jw friends

• John Doe
    John Doe
    There can be no CORRECT unless a standard is used by which to measure.

You appear to have misunderstood my argument. My argument was that there is not a legitimate "correct" way to communicate.

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon
    If you are making direct quotations, you must acknowledge which changes you have made. Otherwise, you're not making a proper quotation. Some literature has been "corrected" by overzealous editors and has been robbed of some of its meaning. PS. I blow goats

I agree, I'll try harder in the future.

• Terry
    Terry

Look, I am not writing a doctoral thesis! I am communicating. If you can understand the post, why should it matter? I have just spent 4 years in college making perfect papers, 4.0 GPA, and I don't care if my posts are perfect. I don't waste keystrokes any more.

I still cringe when I look over a post of mine and it has errors, but I'll be damned if I am going to go back and proof them for anal retentive people.

That is the crap the elders would expect from us. I try not to totally muck it up, but geeesh, get a life!

Would you trust your eyesight to an eye doctor who said, "I went to school, but; I don't care..."?

Would you eat in a restaurant where the cook didn't care to wash his hands after going to the bathroom?

Would you trust your car to a mechanic who didn't tighten bolts all the way or sort out wires properly?

Would you let your bank off if they added up your balance to a shortage out of not caring or incompetence?

You see, what I am saying is that each of us is far more important than we might think in the grand scheme of things.

We fully expect to deal with people who CARE when out and about in everyday life. We want the airplane to take off on schedule. We want our shoe size to match our feet.

What is wrong with this world if not the endless "not caring enough" to make it a little better person by person by person?

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I am going to start calling you Spock.

I don't judge a book by its cover

nor a post by its spelling!!!

Don't feel bad about the needing sex thing, people tell me that all the time. It does seem to have a soothing effect and helps one to chill.

purps

• John Doe
    John Doe
    I agree, I'll try harder in the future. I love gay sex.

Now you're getting it! ;-)

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    Don't feel bad about the needing sex thing, people tell me that all the time. It does seem to have a soothing effect and helps one to chill.

*snicker*

• Terry
    Terry
    If everyone took the time to correct everything ... a lot could get lost ...

Or, if we did take the time we might improve past our recurring errors to the point of actually being better at something than we were.

Why improve any of our lot in life ever? Personal standards reflect the person. I'm no judge. I know what matters to me, though.

• Terry
    Terry
    There can be no CORRECT unless a standard is used by which to measure.
    You appear to have misunderstood my argument. My argument was that there is not a legitimate "correct" way to communicate.

Is there a legitimate way to incorrectly communicate? That would, it seems, be the corollary.

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon
    Now you're getting it! ;-)

The force is strong with this one.

• JK666
    JK666

purps,

I ain't not need sex i just wanna kinda has sex wen i want it sort of so does ya understand wat i means?

JK

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit