Were you or someone you know sexually molested by a Jehovah's Witness ?

by flipper 381 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• awaretoday
    awaretoday

Bix Tex

You are right on the Catholic victims not beign excomunicated and the witness ones being left to fend for themselves. It is a shame but when my friend was molested an it came out, I and many others were supportive and helped during the aftermat of the ordeal. The people in the organization are good honest and sometimes gullible people, I an the other hand having been raised a witness am not gullible to anything or anyone I have seen way too much. That's why I feel a sense of responsibility to pin point the abusers and deal with them and not against the entire collective which might still include victims whose only support is still the honest dubs inside, forget about the GB. they are so far gonne that they probably are just puppets themselves because of liability issues.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff
    That's why I feel a sense of responsibility to pin point the abusers and deal with them and not against the entire collective which might still include victims whose only support is still the honest dubs inside, forget about the GB. they are so far gonne that they probably are just puppets themselves because of liability issues.

Well, anyone is free to make their own conclusions, I have no idea why the one group with the ultimate power should be viewed as puppets? No, they really are culpable.

If they do what they do to avoid legal liability, that means they are well aware of the criminal aspects of their coverup.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    I and many others were supportive and helped during the aftermat of the ordeal

Good for you. You sound like a decent and honorable person.

Unfortunately there have been many, many cases where this has not happened, where the victim and their family were shunned even though no judicial action was taken against them. It would be helpful to all if the Governing Body made an attempt to address this particular aspect of the child abuse issue. Well that, and change the two witness rule.

Chris

• awaretoday
    awaretoday

Big Tex You also sound honorable and reasonable. While we can't expect too much change from the borg we can as a group be watchful,protect the innocent and support the down hearted ones.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

On comparison of the Catholic Church and WTBTS and dealing with pedophiles:

I've attended masses where the subject was dealt with during sermons and announcements. There was no denial of the problem.

• flipper
    flipper

What FLYING HIGH NOW says is true. Although I've never been to a Catholic service ( went to A Catholic funeral once with ex-wife # 2 ) I did admire how the Catholics at least addressed and acknowldeged publicly they had a child abuse scandal and informed major media how they were addressing the problem. Also the pope did meet with some of the victims and apologized seeking to make amends. Even if it was a bit of PR - still he was willing to meet with victims and apologize for it.

I doubt very seriously, if EVER you would see the WT society do such a thing or even address it from the platform in a talk form disclosing to the congregation about the problems they have had. Hell - I've talked to a number of JW's in the 2 years since these 16 child abuse settlements by the WT society and I would say 95 to 99 % have never heard there WERE any child abuse settlements outside court. That is the way the WT society wants to keep its members, see no evil, hear no evil. It is a definite cover up no doubt

• MarisaKristofiak
    MarisaKristofiak

Deleted due to vulgar language and posting violations.

Jeff

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

awaretoday

As I am hoping you are no inernet virgin, I hope Marisa not being as she described herself on another thread, a "dumb@$$ f*cking jerk", will serve to soothe the kind and tactful way she makes her points.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

MarisaKrostofiak

I have warned you once today not to use that sort of language here. It is offensive. It is contrary to the posting rules. Do you wish to be banned from the site? For I can arrange that if you keep it up.

Jeff

• MarisaKristofiak
    MarisaKristofiak

forgive me i was just citing big tex.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit