Has anyone ever played with a ouija board?

by delilah 219 Replies latest jw experiences

• Mary
    Mary
    The way they work is that they do the following: * They use the energies of those present * They open a "portal" which helps communication with the spirit world * This portal is often into the realm of beings who are not dead humans (e.g. Elemental beings)

Assuming that this is indeed the way it works, my point that I stressed to Delilah is that you don't know WHAT you're conjuring up when you play around with a Ouija Board. While the WTS certainly instilled an unhealthy terror of demons into us, I do believe that they exist. How do you know you're not communicating with a demon and not a ghost?

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I think Carl Jung has something to say about the psychic and inner universe that may shed some light He used the gnostic word "Pleroma" to discribe it:

“For my private use I call the sphere of paradoxical existence, that is, the instinctive consciousness, the Pleroma, a term borrowed from Gnosticism. The reflection and formation of the Pleroma in the individual consciousness produce an image of it (of like nature in a certain sense), and that is the symbol. In it all paradoxes are abolished. In the Pleroma, Above and Below lie together in a strange way and produce nothing; but when it is disturbed by the mistakes and needs of the individual a waterfall arises between Above and Below, a dynamic something that is the symbol. Like the Pleroma, the symbol is greater than man. It overpowers him, shapes him, as though he had opened a sluice that pours a mighty stream over him and sweeps him away.” Carl Jung, Letters

Many of these enties are cruel, and despotic, and some are wise and helpful, so be very careful.

Tibetan Buddhism has this to say about where they come from:

"Those realms too do not exist anywhere else, but lie in the four directions of your heart with the center as fifth, and now they emerge from within your heart and appear before you. Those images too do not come from anywhere else, but are the primordial spontaneous play of your mind, so recognize them in this way. Those images are neither large nor small, but perfectly proportioned".

In reality everything is an illusion, and at the same time everything exist, so while we may look at them as illusions just as evrything we experience with the mind is basically illusions, nevr the less they exist. so becareful, I think Sirona may have some good advice, I can't say for sure because I'm no expert,

• Sirona
    Sirona

Mary,

How do you know you're not communicating with a demon and not a ghost?

Most people would not know the difference.

Someone with experience might. Those with knowledge of working with spirits and energy usually believe that laws exist which even the spirit world adhere to.

Therefore, if a full protection ritual was carried out prior to using the board, including evoking God and Goddess (or deity you worship) and asking specifically for harmful beings to not be allowed "in", the assumption is that the gods and other guardians (e.g. Elemental Guardians as called upon in Witchcraft) would provide protection.

Also, personal spiritual protection would also be in place to help prevent latching on or possession.

Having worked with a coven and invited dead loved ones into a ritual circle at Samhain (Halloween) I can say that casting the circle and having the protection of the gods is powerful. It also helps keep a positive attitude in the minds of the practitioners. For instance, we would ask the keeper of the Western Gate - who in my personal spirituality equates with Anpu (Anubis) - to open the gate and allow only our loved ones to enter the circle and would specify the protection aspect. The minds of the coven are focused on this and loving energy permeates the circle.

So that, IMHO is how one would protect against that eventuality.

Another slant on this is "What do you consider to be demons or bad entities"? I would say that is the subject of another discussion!

Sirona

• Sirona
    Sirona
    "Those realms too do not exist anywhere else, but lie in the four directions of your heart with the center as fifth, and now they emerge from within your heart and appear before you. Those images too do not come from anywhere else, but are the primordial spontaneous play of your mind, so recognize them in this way. Those images are neither large nor small, but perfectly proportioned".

I agree with this to some degree. We are part of a whole and what we experience spiritually is from within (in the sense that our subconsious spiritual side has access to everything there is).

Carrying out protection rituals work on our psyches aswell as "getting in touch" with what will protect.

Sirona

• Mary
    Mary
    Another slant on this is "What do you consider to be demons or bad entities"? I would say that is the subject of another discussion!

I believe demons are exactly what I was taught: fallen angels. Different than ghosts which I believe are the souls of those that have died. I don't know a whole hell of a lot about it, but I have no desire to screw around with Ouija Boards or anything else like that. Is that still the Dub in me talking? To some extent, probably. There have been many people (non-Dubs) who ended up encountering something quite evil when they get involved with this stuff......I have no desire to do that.

I wasn't going to mention this, but I will. After Delilah had her experience on the weekend, I phoned her the other day to see how she was doing. Something told me that her dabbling in that stuff was going to increase the spirit activity around her house and I was right.

I phoned her (from my work which is long distance) at 12:30pm and on the third ring I could hear someone pick the phone up (sounds like they had trouble picking it up) but no one said "hello?" So I went "Helloooo?" 3 times. I was annoyed that there was no answer so I hung up. I called back immediately and the phone rang and rang and rang. No answer. I finally got a hold of her later on and told her what happened and I asked who the hell picked up the phone and didn't say anything. She said "Are you serious?" I said "Yep, why?"

It seems that she had been out that morning and was coming home to pick up her daughter and grandson (they were going somewhere). Her daughter had her little boy all dressed and he was in her arms and she heard the phone ring. This was at 12:30pm. It showed "Long Distance" on the Caller ID button. It rang 3 times and as she went to pick it up, the red bar light on the phone went on indicating that someone else had picked the phone up on another extension somewhere in the house. However, no one else was at home. She went outside, got in the car and told her mom what had happened. It wasn't Delilah's hubby as he was at work 100 miles away and her two boys were in school. Needless to say, she was pretty freaked out when I told her that it was me that had called, someone had picked the phone up but no one was there.

Her daughter heard a man coughing upstairs earlier that day and she thought it was her dad but he was away at work. Delilah also heard her son say "Hi mom" even though he was in school.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Sirona,

Carrying out protection rituals work on our psyches aswell as "getting in touch" with what will protect.

I agree, I studied about Shamanism, they basically have 3 worlds they have acsess to, and they are inner worlds. After all everything we experience is in the mind, the color red is an illusion just like sound is also, all are mind made we just have the illusion of red or a beatiful melody. Everything is Maya(illusion) and everything exists.

Usually when I drink the Ayahuasca, I have a little rituals to insure safe jorneys. Or protect the psyche.

• ninja
    ninja

there is someone who I would like to speak to through the ouija board...my mother in law

• Sirona
    Sirona

You should do a house blessing or cleansing

http://www.witchway.net/ritual/blhome2.html

There are much more complex ways of doing this than the above, but if the person isn't used to such things its best to keep it simple.

By the way, telephone communication with the dead happens, it may not be anything "evil"

Sirona

• ninja
    ninja

believe me sirona..telephone communication with the dead is evil.....have you ever spoken to my mother in law on the phone and tried to hang up?

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

I went to a girlfriend from works' house for the purpose of doing an ouija board.

The pointer did move and spelled out "mother" several times when we asked who was coming though. There was only one person in the room who's mother had passed away. We asked if she was the mother to anyone in the room. The curser moved to no.

My friend asked if she used to live in this house. The curser moved to yes. My friend started crying and said, "mother this house is mine now, you have to leave." The curser moved to 'no' . My friend said, "Yes you must leave, this is my house now. Your family doesn't live here. We are closing up the board." My friend moved the curser to goodbye, and told me though tears that when they bought the house that the family living there had sold it because the mother had dropped dead suddenly in one of the bedrooms and they wanted a fresh start somewhere else.

I didn't feel fear, I thought I would. Mostly I amazed that it worked. My friend was emotional afterwards. It has never worked again, not with this same girl, or anyone else.

That's my experience.

lisa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit