Atheists, Why the Anger?

by XJW4EVR 147 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• lola28
    lola28
    Many millions of people will publically testify that God himself has "spoken" to them through a direct transfer of information.

I hear medication can fix this........

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

Perry: "THE FOOL HAS SAID IN HIS HEART THERE IS NO GOD".

If this is so then we can say that either, 1) there maybe a God, 2) or there is a God.

Please, for clarification, which is true.

steve

• Perry
    Perry

Lola says on my thread:

it would be nice to be able to say "no I don't believe in god" without having someone tell me that you I'm a fool.

Hey Lola please show everyone here where someone called you a fool in response to your assertion that you do not believe in God? Oh you can't? Why would you write this nonsense then? Atheism REQUIRES self-deception. You are living proof.

• Perry
    Perry

The fool has said, 'there is no God'.

If this is so then we can say that either, 1) there maybe a God, 2) or there is a God.

Steve,

Can you prove God is not the First Cause? You do agree that the universe began right? You can only say that you do not know for certainty that there is a God, even though the universe itself strongly suggests such a thing.

To try and prove a negative is a fool's game... kinda like a double sided coin. That is why none of the atheists took me up on my challenge. They know they will LOSE. Yet, as illogical as it may seem they turn right around and begin attacking Christians for that that they themselves could have falsified, but chose not to because if its absurdity.

This is the deceptive nature of atrheism. It is illogical, and REQUIRES believing a lie. A lie about their own nature.

• Rabbit
    Rabbit
    Moshe I don't know if it is anger over the belief in God as much as it is anger over the mind control that a such a belief instills.

Double Bingo ! And as far as Aesthetic Communism goes, well...it went. It was a social experiment that failed, most people have recognized that, right ? IMHO...there have been many more Religious social experiments that have failed, too. For some reason it takes society much longer to admit these failures, perhaps because, they are based on the intangible, invisible 'boogeyman' that is always watching for good & bad deeds to reward or punish believers. People tend, naturally, 'to fear the unknown.' With all the various religions and their varied descriptions of the very good and very horrible capabilities...a most believers must be really careful with their thoughts. Most gods can read your minds, right ? Luckily...I'm agnostic, which I'll have you know...are nothing like those mean ole' Atheists. All of us Agnostics are nice, generous, thoughtful people who only want to 'live and let live'. We (all of us) are safely perched upon our 'fences of doubt', just in case there IS a god, we can pull the proverbial wool over His or Her all seeing, all knowing eyes. See...? Safety. Or, maybe we do realize that at present...there is no way to prove or disprove the existence of a supernatural 'god'.

Stevenyc: -Thomas Jefferson, letter to William Short, April 13, 1820 Question with boldness even the existence of a god; because if there be one he must approve of the homage of reason more than that of blindfolded fear.

"...blindfolded fear," ...I like that quote.

In those parts of the world where learning and science have prevailed, miracles have ceased; but in those parts of it as are barbarous and ignorant, miracles are still in vogue.? -- Ethan Allen

All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit.
    -Thomas Paine

Gotta love those founding fathers, they really were some pretty smart fellars. No wonder they had this BIG idea about "separation of church and state". What a concept ! Maybe the US could experiment with that...again. Nice Agnostic Rabbit

• lola28
    lola28

No one on this thread Perry, but if you read the other one Mouthy did so, Atheism requires you to think and not believe everything you’re told. I don't believe in god because someone tells me that I should or because I'm afraid of what will happen if I don't. What upsets me is that many view atheists as immoral people and that's just not true. I don't have to believe in god in order to be a good person, I'm fully aware of my short comings, I'm not perfect and I never will be, but I do the best I can, what more can you ask for? So if there is a god I think he will be aware of the fact that I am a good person because I have chosen to be, not because I'm afraid of him killing me and not because I expect a reward. That's the difference between you and I, you need a book to tell you how to behave and to tell you what's wrong and right, I don't.

Lola

• Arthur
    Arthur

In my own personal interactions, I haven't noticed any particular anger on the part of atheists unless they feel that they are being proselytized to.

I have corresponded with several people on this forum via PM who are atheists. I am sure that they know I am a Christian. We have always had friendly interactions in our PMs. I would say that our mutual respect toward one another as individuals, and an appreciation for things which we have in common has made this possible.

I think that the real problem lies with one trying to paint one's belief in God, or belief in no-God as some sort of mental defficiency or defect of character. This is where these debates descend into insults and anger. In my own personal opinion, I feel that debates between Godly believers and atheists are a zero-sum game.

• serotonin_wraith
    serotonin_wraith

Perry wrote: Atheism REQUIRES self-deception.

Atheism is the default position from birth. You need to be TAUGHT religion.

Perry wrote: You do agree that the universe began right?

This wasn't addressed to me, but I'll answer. The Universe in its current form had a beginning. Most scientists agree it has always existed in some way, shape or form.

P.S. About calling people fools for not believing in God, check out Matthew 5:22. '...But anyone who says, 'You fool!' will be in danger of the fire of hell.'

• ninja
    ninja

I think Santa is the worst....he "sleighs" millions of people every year.....okay okay...I'm going ...I'm just getting my jacket......update.....don't just read the first couple of posts on a 5 pager and comment on them...it looks so out of place

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

Perry, if I believe in a different God than yours, would you still think of my as an atheist?

steve

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit