Atheists, Why the Anger?

by XJW4EVR 147 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

OK, so you deny the existence of a God, or you lack belief in a God. My question why do you get so angry over a mythical being? No one gets as upset over the Tooth Fairy, Santa Claus or the Easter Bunny, as I have seen some of the atheists on this board get over the slightest mention of God. If a person chooses to believe in God isn't hat his/her own choice? Why they anger, almost to the point irrationality?

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

I'm looking forward to this thread!!!

Swalker

• Kaethra
    Kaethra

Noone's ever told me that the Tooth Fairy is going to fry my ass for not believing in Her. If they did, I might start to get a little pissed off.

• LtCmd.Lore
    LtCmd.Lore

I just wrote this up and posted it on another atheist thread, but I think it belongs here even better, let me know what you think:

Imagine a world... where EVERYONE you know and love believes in fairies. And not only that, but huge portions of their lives are dedicated to that belief... Your parents go to "wand" every sunday morning and spend two whole hours clapping, in order to bring fairies to life and win their approval. All your friends do the same thing. They ring a pixie bell before they eat every day. They would SWEAR that everytime something good happens, it's caused by a fairy.

It's not just your friends and family, fairies apear on money, the president believes in fairies. Scary huh? The man who has access to atomic weapons, entire armies, and runs the entire country believes in fairies, and thinks they are the most important things in life. He thinks that there is an army of fairies protecting the county, and he says that these fairies are directing his actions.

But you used to believe in fairies too, at age 16 you weighed the evidence, and to the best of your ability, you decided that fairies don't exist. But that's not the end of it, because if you don't believe in fairies, then you won't become one when you die. Sorry, there goes your immortal life. It's hard to deal with but you know that pretending won't do any good.

People get very emotional about fairies, if you say "I don't believe in fairies" they think that a fairy falls down dead. They get horribly angry, and DEMAND that you clap to bring it back to life... if you don't they'll say "Well I'll clap for you."

Your parents are OUTRAGED! They are ashamed at all the fairies you killed during your discussion with them, and they know that the fairy king will come to avenge their deaths if they don't punish you first. So they restrict your privileges, and constantly make horrible threats about your afterlife.

So you are an outcast, surveys are taken that say that: above any other minority, homosexuals, blacks, asians or transvestites. Afairist are considered the least american.

Fairists are fighting the judicial system to make sure pro-fairy material is taught to schoolkids. They fight to keep it on the money, they want it in the pledge of allegience.

Entire countries fight each other about trivial things like: Whether or not Tinkerbell is the daughter of the fairy king. Or if you should clap with your hands horizontal or vertical.

People claim that fairies are talking to them... and people believe them. Doctors cure people, and the patients thank the fairies instead of the doctors. Otherwise brilliant people, like Einstein, your parents, your teachers and even some scientists all believe in fairies, and despise the fact that you don't.

No matter how good your morals are, it's not good enough, because you are murdering fairies every single day.

People regularly post threads on the internet about how great fairies are, and on page one they are already calling afairists fools. They make ridiculous arguements like: "If there are no fairies, then how do you explain mushrooms?" Or: "BWAA HAA HAA, TIME TO SPANK THE AFAIRISTS BECAUSE THEY DON'T KNOW WHERE FAIRY RINGS COME FROM!"

They say things like, "when I see a building, I know there was a builder, so when I see a fairy ring, I know there was a fairy."

And it seems perfectly logical to them, to assume that: Just because we don't know what causes fairy rings, saying: "Fairies did it" is and acceptable answer. They then proceed to site some astronical figure stating the odds of the plants growing in THAT exact shape by pure random chance.

But that's not the worst of it: There are OTHER countries, (Mostly leprechaunists) Where women are required to wear full body covering because leprechauns are offended by female skin. And they stone aleprechaunists to death. They hate fairists, but they hate aleprechaunists/afairists even more. They want you dead. And they are willing to kill themselves to kill you.

Your only hope, is to make sure that the country you live in doesn't go that far.

How would you function in a world like that?

Well that's how atheists see the world. And yes, we want it to change.

Lore

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fairy_rings

• Warlock
    Warlock
    My question why do you get so angry over a mythical being?

Maybe, deep down inside, they actually believe that there IS a God.

Maybe they are not trying to convince believers. Maybe they are trying to convince themselves.

Warlock

• lola28
    lola28

The tooth fairy brings us money, Santa brings us nice shiny things, and the Easter bunny gives us candy. God allows children to suffer when he has the power to stop it. Santa wins.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

From the few atheist(non-JW) people I have known, it seems that most think of the JW's as a benign religion, some are even favorable to it.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Adherents to major monotheistic religions (such as Christianity and Islam) often express that worship of their God is necessary for a good afterlife. Those who don't agree are branded as immoral or infidels. Nations have fought religious and cultural wars in an attempt to spread the influence of their religion and their God.

Oftentimes, religion pours fuel on the fire whenever there is a conflict or skirmish between people or nations.

In wartimes, religions often serve as a handmaiden of the rulers, preaching people into the 'holy wars'.

So the question may be asked, why does religion bring out the anger and the warring spirit in people?

• theinfamousone
    theinfamousone

im neither theist nor atheist nor agnostic... really, i am confused.. but the anger that people tend to show here is this... its because the egg came before the chicken... or maybe the chicken before the egg... what i mean is this. theists start half the fights, we start the other half... so i guess the better question would be WHY ALL THE ANGER?

the infamous one

• heathen
    heathen

The communist atheist crowd are not such nice people either but I do agree that way to much time and money is being spent in courts over trivial issues such as whether God belongs on money or in schools and government buildings , If God is omnipresent as believed by most religionists than what's the point anyway?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit