Atheists, Why the Anger?

by XJW4EVR 147 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Handsome Dan
    Handsome Dan

Thanks Abaddon for straitening out a few things on this topic, there has been too much vindictive toque slashing and not enough intellectual debate

I suppose this is a sensitive issue with some people and it's putting people off the rails

• TopHat
    TopHat

The question was ask..Who created God....No one! He was always there....God is outside our time zone or any time zone. He just is. I know it is hard for some to except. Even theist ponder this question.

• Handsome Dan
    Handsome Dan

Maybe the question should be why when referring to god as a he, as if the god of the universe has a sexual identity, possibly for the empowering effect the god of the universe

as to offer men.......umm maybe and men do not like their power taken away from them as we know

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

Tophat, thanks for your reply.

If it's so easy for you to understand the concept that God wasn't created, how come it's so hard for you to understand that the Universe wasn't created?

steve

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

Top Hat

That is called special pleading. You say god needs no creator as he was always there. And your proof of this is? All you are doing is excusing god from the necessity of a creator, which you then insist everything else needed, by saying he doesn't need one for reason 'x'.

It is not a logically sound argument, and I didn't make the rules of argument up.

Now, please, by all means, if this excuse meet your standards of belief, and this makes you happy and enables you to live a happy and fulfied life in peace with your fellow man, go for it.

But don't be surprised if others think your argument is nonsensical and invalid.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos
    And may I remind most of the theists on the board that they are atheists too? Theists are atheistic regarding all but one god, for exactly the same reasons atheists are atheistic towards all gods.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/134649/1.ashx

• done4good
    done4good

I truly believe that what many ex-jws, (and members of any totalitatian religion), have a problem with, is tolerance, myself included, sometimes. The average never-been-a-jw, dosen't get that worked up about someone's, religious, (or lack thereof), belief system. It usually is far easier for them to have a balanced view, as well. That said, there is nothing inherintly wrong with either belief or disbelief in god, within itself, and taking a stand for such. We do, however, need to take a chill pill sometimes here. It only becomes a life and death matter, if we make it such.

Now I am going to flame....

Another thing I have noticed is that the Atheist XJW's are'nt nearly as friendly as the christian JW's, and they seem to lash out more at everyone, no matter what the subject involves, be it politics or religion. Atheists hate Bush, they hate the Bible, they hate traditional american life, they hate just about everything except other atheists.

Junction Guy, your ignorance is a testimony that speaks for itself.

While I no longer claim to be atheist, (I really do prefer agnostic), your comments against atheists are uncalled for, as well as simply untrue. You should really consider studying American history if you think "traditional" American life was religious in nature. Despite what you might believe, our nation's founding fathers were secular in nature, as was the basis for our entire constitution, and believed in a clear separation of church and state. That is what most politically active atheists, (and other secularists) ask for, a separation of church and state. It's that simple. You spend way too much time listening to Sean Hannity.

Jason

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

After five pages it seems this thread has diverted from its original course, however I would like to address the question first posted by asking a few questions myself:

Why are theists threatened by the non-belief of others? If what you believe is truth, what could possibly threaten it?

Why are so many theists unable to separate religion and politics when entering the public forum?

And here's the big one IMHO: Why does anyone care what another person believes? It's almost as if we were threatened by other's somehow not valuing life the same way we do. But don't worry, aside from the mentally unstable, we all love our children and want to be happy. And, ironically enough, it's the faithful who always place society in the greatest danger - either from threatening our life, liberty or pursuit of hapiness; 100% anithetical to the values they publicly profess to adhere to. Perhaps that's why you need saving - saving from your own guilty and hating soul.

• Vinny
    Vinny

Poor, poor AlanF; goes to three different threads with the very same load of NOTHING. What a lame contribution from you. You answer no questions at all. You have no answers at all. Instead you ride in like Yosemite Sam shootin your blanks looking like an atheist with not even a CLUE.

Where did God get His Morals? Simple, He didn't get them from anybody or any place; HE'S ALWAYS HAD THEM. Nothing difficult about that at all.

Here, I will help you so you can't be too confused:

1- Alan F, how does life evolve from lifeless matter? Please tell us.

2- Alan F, how does it feel believing that a red corvette simply could arrive all on its own since universe, life and earth (all far more complex) all arrived on their own with no intelligence involved?

3- Alan F, if its true that all these things just happened on their own, why cannot the same science and technology which sends folks to the moon, create ANY LIFE (even the simplest of living things) from non-living matter today? Or put life back where it ONCE WAS?

4- Alan F, what about the universal fact of life PRINCIPLE that EVERY BEGINNING MUST HAVE A CAUSE CAUSE? What does THAT do for atheism?

5- Alan F, what does it say to YOU when people such as Einstein, Copernicus, Sir Francis Bacon, Johannes Kepler, Galileo, Descartes, Newton, Boyle, Faraday, Mendel, Kelvin, Max Planck, and thousands of others scientists, philosophers, leaders such as Ghandi, MLK, every single President elected and many other successful people as well as BILLIONS of others believe in a Supreme Intelligent Designer and REJECT ATHEISM OUTRIGHT.

More later.

• TopHat
    TopHat

Vinny, poor old Alan will always answer you in the same way he always answers....

**speaking in a whinny voice** You didn't answer my question.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit