Isn't God Awesome?

by Perry 450 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LtCmd.Lore
    LtCmd.Lore
    You imagine believers struggle with this the same way you imagine that you accepted Christ as a Jehovah's Witness... even though you slapped him in the face every Memorial.

Well that's true, I guess theists always have cognitive dissonance to fall back on when things stop making sense.

• Perry
    Perry

Lore,

You imagine vastly different brands of Christianity the same way you imagine that you accepted Christ as a Jehovah's Witness... even though you slapped him in the face every Memorial.

Why in the world would you ever want to join or investigate another religion after your JW experience? Why not meet Jesus yourself? Ask him to show himself to you. He said he would.

You don't need me or anyone telling you what to do or not do. Get it straight from Him. Be ready when he answers.

• Perry
    Perry

Good Night All!

• skycaptain
    skycaptain

Hi terry i thought that was very good what you said, and so so true, but this life we have on this planet is not all bad , i still stand in wonderment at creation and beyond .

Stephen

• LtCmd.Lore
    LtCmd.Lore
    Why in the world would you ever want to join or investigate another religion after your JW experience? Why not meet Jesus yourself?

Why Jesus? Why no Allah? Or Vishnu? Or Zeus? Or Thor? Or Venus, At least she's hot, and having her picture on my mantle would be much more enjoyable than some guy on a cross. Plus, she's a goddess of love, so that's a pretty good standard to live by.

Edited to add: Oh, goodnight Perry.

• observador
    observador

The site with pictures of the spider bites is this: http://thefuntimesguide.com/2005/07/brownrecluse.php You might have to just copy and paste. Observador.

• Perry
    Perry

Lore writes:

Why Jesus? Why no Allah? Or Vishnu? Or Zeus? Or Thor? Or Venus,

If I decided to make a cake but forgot to put flour in it and realized it after it failed to rise, why would I simply disregard the whole possibility of making a cake? Why not simply give into failure and decide to make a sandwich instead? Why not start claiming that other folks who did make the cake rise are just fakes?

You know that as a "Christian", you left out the main ingredient. I'm not buying your reasoning.

• LtCmd.Lore
    LtCmd.Lore
    If I decided to make a cake but forgot to put flour in it and realized it after it failed to rise, why would I simply disregard the whole possibility of making a cake? Why not simply give into failure and decide to make a sandwich instead? Why not start claiming that other folks who did make the cake rise are just fakes?

Yes, but why a cake, (Christianity) Instead of a pie(Buddism) Or steak(Mormonism) Or any other religion. I see no reason to even bother with christianity. Especially YOUR favorite recipe.

Plus I realised that after all this time, I was cooking with this:

Lore

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

I wonder why I wonder why. I wonder why I wonder. I wonder why I wonder why I wonder why I wonder!
    --Richard Feynman

steve

• theinfamousone
    theinfamousone

alright penny/ i mean virry, i mean perry and vinny...

you guys have tried to substantiate your belief in god by stating that atheists cannot prove the big bang.... we cannot prove the beginning oif earth... i hate to tell you this my friends, but there is more "proof" in fossils proving evolution then there is real proof there is a god... go to any museum, and see the rocks bones, rock caarvings paintings and DNA proof and then come back and tell me there is no proof.... now find me something somewhere with god's literal signature... something that literally says i am god, i made all this... and no the bible doesnt count... if he is there, why the hell is he hiding?

i was trying to be an advocate of reason here and say that neither side can be sure and that we need to co-exist.... and you condescending jerks come back and say; why doi atheists always attack... from everyones standpoint here, the two of you, or should i say one of you, are/is the only one on the attack!!! you come out being rude, laughing at us and even calling names.. you are attacking.. im tired of your shit.. we all are, even your theistic friends... i dont care what jesus supposedly did, and by the way, go to a library and find a history book by any of his contemporaries at his time... NOT ONCE WAS HE MENTIONED.. look up hierlophicus.... a greek historian living in jerusalem from 12 CE-34CE.... nothing... weird? yes

you know, i dont even know why i come back here, you guys are just trying to stir the shit, ive had enough...

good luck with your battle. lore, i suggest you let it end too... these guys are jerks..

i try to say that they have no proof either, they try to make me feel stupid... your responces just show me how close minded you guys are... i am not the stupid one

the infamous one

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit