Isn't God Awesome?

by Perry 450 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Brigid
    Brigid

Kid-A---you crack me up!!!

say it for me....what you used to say....Jehoobie (that one makes me laugh out loud!)

See? I'm laughing here at my computer at work r u happy now? LOL!

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

I guess Perry didn't even notice there was not one word about "God" in the show...

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Terry - loved your answer! So many bald truths! Love that!

• Caedes
    Caedes
    Perry want a cracker?

Oh great, now I have tea dribbling out my nose!

Nice pictures but I couldn't help thinking, theists must read really slowly.

• startingover
    startingover

What did that have to do with god? Sounded more like a commercial for positive thinking.

Connecting that to god reminds me of a program I watched about North Korea. A doctor who performed cataract surgery was allowed to go there and give about 1000 people back their sight. The minute they got their sight back they didn't thank the doctor, they started praising their dear leader whose picture was hanging on the wall.

If it wasn't for man and his inventions, like photography, or transportation, a person couldn't begin to see what exists on this planet.

• Sirona
    Sirona

which god?

Some are ok. Some I'd rather not bother with.

And remember "Thou art God" http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Stranger_In_A_Strange_Land

Sirona

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Perry, thank you for sharing. The little video was well done; and yes I do wonder and stand in awe of the infinite expression of life and existence; all without harboring any imaginary beliefs of little maker-deities that would take the awe and attention away from the vibrant and immediate reality of life in and around me.

To place ultimate significance in one thing, a deity, is to subtract it from all the rest of the universe. In order to have our little deity shine as the brightest star, everything else must be more dim. A very high price to pay for a personal little god. We are certainly free to do that if we want. Millions do.

j

• Jehoober
    Jehoober

Some people speak for God. Others let him/her/it speak for itself. I choose to be the latter.

• Perry
    Perry

Isn't it interesting how people can see the same video and come away with so many different conclusions?

Jesus says that the problem is not in the brain but in the heart:

In their case the prophecy of Isaiah is being fulfilled, which says, `YOU WILL KEEP ON HEARING, BUT WILL NOT UNDERSTAND; YOU WILL KEEP ON SEEING, BUT WILL NOT PERCEIVE; For this people's heart has grown callous; ...they have shut their eyes; otherwise they might... understand with their hearts and turn back--and I would cure them.

He states that the reason that they are blind is to prevent them from understanding with their hearts, turning back, and being healed. Jesus would heal all who come to him...but he is authorized to save only those "given" to him by the Father. Since none comes who hasn't been given, the blindness of some people is foreordained from the founding of the world just as sight also is foreordained for the blessed.

"But your eyes are blessed because they do see, and your ears because they do hear"!

Whom do they see and whom do they hear? Jesus of course. As Jehovah's Witnesses we were prevented from "seeing" and "hearing" Jesus. Just because we've all left the WT doesn't mean that we can now perceive; we must come to Jesus to do that.

Ps 107:42 - The upright see and rejoice

Ps. 112:10 - The wicked man will see and be vexed, he will gnash his teeth and waste away;

So, what do we make of this? This: Whether we see or do not see, it is irrelevant as to our individual identities. While all are sick, only some are blind. We must excercise the amount of free will that we do have so as to act on whatever disposition is at our core. Indeed, we can do no other. So, why not be about our business and quicken our destiny?

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

My stepfather made some beautiful furniture. But his fatherly qualities were as distant and intangible as God and Jesus.

Do you ever wonder.... will I be able to afford groceries this week?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit