Isn't God Awesome?

by Perry 450 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• startingover
    startingover

This has been very entertaining.

When having only words with which to form a mental picture of the person posting, I want to thank you for the visual you have given me Vinny. Seriously.

With all this "spanking" of the atheists and your BWAHAHAHAHA's, I can only picture a guy at a party telling a joke and then busting out in laughter, bending over and slapping his knee unable to control himself with his joke. The thing is no one else is laughing, oh maybe the guy with a bird on his shoulder is chuckling, but everyone else is standing around looking at each other with a straight face because the joke didn't make any sense nor was it funny, while the guy makes a fool of himself.

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

Perry said:
    Vinny you have shown incredible restraint in spite of the personal attacks

Vinny said:
    Is the little atheist going to cry because Vinny ain't HIM? waaaaaa, waaaaaaa
    You get killed right there.
    Bwaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahh
    You are just Another boring atheist with no answers anywhere. blah blah blah
    Kiddie A is the biggest loser of all the atheists here
    I showed up all right, and you ran and hid behind momma somewhere.
    You are a scared, running atheist. But now I have caught you. It's is time for kiddie-A to take his SPANKINGS.
    Poor kiddie A, you were better off staying home with your blankey behind momma.
    Bwaaaahahahahahahahahahahahah
    This is flat out STUPID, IGNORANT, LAUGHABLY LAME, EMBARRASSINGLY FOOLISH IDIOCRACY AT ITS VERY WORST.

==================

Thank you Perry for showing us what a true man of God should be like.

• Perry
    Perry

Satan's Little Helper appeals to vast periods of time where one "state" slowly begats another state to account for the universe.

This of course is pure fantasy. No matter how many eons of time you imagine the result is still the same. And, that reality is that the most brilliant scientists who have ever lived, in the most controlled of labratory circumstances ever devised, have never been able to create something from nothing.....EVER.

Please explain what "state" was the beginning state from which the other states morphed from. What's that you say? "The state was nothing". Your argument has the exact same constitution as the first state that you present .... nothing.

That the universe had a beginning is beyond dispute scientifically. That beginning infers a First Cause. This proof was very troubling for atheist scientists initially.

If you say on the one hand, that a "state" existed before the universe, then you are saying the exact same thing that Genisis says: "In the beginning, God..."

If on the other hand, you state that the universe always self-existed then you have bigger problems with an eternal digression of cause and effect events. That one is easy to disprove. Give me just a second and I will. ...There I did it. Oh, you missed it. Here, I'll do it again. Still don't get it? Allow me to explain.

If time is an infinite digression of C&E events in infinite past, how do you account for the future? For every moment back in time there is one moment in present. Where does the future come from? Your "long series" of time argument that atheists like to use is not your friend. I would encourage you to refrain from using this particular argument.

Now if a "state" existed outside the constraints of time and this "state" brought all things into existence including time, then you have an argument that makes logical sense. That time can be manipulated is beyond dispute, proven some one hundred years ago by a man named Albert Einstein....perhaps you've heard of him?

If that is true, then from the standpoint of beings such as us (which is the only one that concerns us right now), then the universe would have been seen to appear out of nothing as time and matter came into existence.

From the standpoint of God, the universe, time, energy would be simply the effects of the manifested causes of his willful creativity. In other words, the time that you imagine to be so permanent and that in fact characterrizes your faulty arguments is in fact not permanent at all. Time itself had a beginning.

Since he is the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end, it is very unwise to simply "imagine" him out of existence. The truly fearful thing is that he loves justice as much as he loves us. As in our own societies, crimes must be punished or else the society cannot be characterized as just. God must punish us for our crimes or else he cannot be characterized as just either.

Both our punishment and our reward is eternal. The non-existense that you imagine when you die is just another atheist fantasy. It's not the end. It's just the beginning of your nighmare.

The stakes are very, very high. As any mother would scream, "take me instead"! if she found out her daughter had just been kidnapped and unnaturally perverted; so too God decided, (yea even planned) to take the shaft for us when we were perverted by our captor. That Roman spear is our destiny. But he took the shaft for you and me and anyone else that would accept his ransom purchase.

Satan reasons:

What practical content have you provided? You use sweepingly incorrect generalisation along with straw man arguments and childish rhetoric. You even go so far as to state that "god simply created it", how wonderfully convenient. Lets stop thinking about everything then shall we, god obviously intended things to be the way they are so lets not bother with science or medicine because god obviously intended everyone to die of the flu. You see there are way too many holes for the god theory to stand up, if you think he's so damn wonderful then ask him to explain cancer.

Atheists like to cry and whine about why God doesn't fix this problem or why he doesn't solve that pain I see over there. The reason is that he is not your Father. You are not his son. He has no responsibility toward any of us whatsoever. We are naturally from our father the devil, being trapped in sin and completely unable to do that which we can all imagine: don't lie, don't steal, don't commit adultery. Yet, ALL of us are GUILTY of these and far more even though most of us don't want to do it. Atheists do not find this curious at all, well because they're atheists.

It gets much worse. In our depraved state, we can imagine righteousness but must live out our moral failures. Atheists try to relieve this problem by saying there is no such thing as morality, or that it's relative. This is just anarchy and they know it. Let's see an atheists raise their 3 year old like this. "Johnny" you may kick the dog if you feel that is right for you". UTTER BOVINE EXCREMENT.

It still gets worse. Our depravity is so complete that we cannot even choose to choose God if he first doesn't make that possible. "So that no man may boast".

Some will then say then, "why even seek God if I can't do it on my own"? You will need to read this sentence over and over until you see the self-fulfilling prophecy imbedded within it.

The reason that God arranged to deal with us in our utter weakness, blindness, and depravity is that he did it another way before man's existence and God was burned badly by a very large rebellion. He created us (the elect) in part to replace the rebelious angels, and to raise us from our depths of wickedness and self-deception to the heights of DIRECT SONSHIP with God. This is clearly taught in the scriptures. "To which of the angels did he say 'this is my son'"? The answer is none. Jesus was his only son. But we the elect undergo sanctification now until we "reach the full height and stature of the Christ"! The other reason is to provide judges for the rebellious angels. Yes, we will be their masters.... and they know it! They fear ANYONE who accepts the offer to "Come, and take Life's water free". Our destiny will be their complete humilitation.

This is an unimaginable destiny for ANY who accept his pardon for our crimes. The reason that we must start out in total depravity is precisely because our destiny is total LIFE. Self-Life. God wishes to make sure that no one can ever boast that they did it, or had a hand in it themselves. It's all his doing.

God is playing a very high stakes game with Life. We (fallen humans) are the focus of his greatest moral creation yet.... the elect. But, we must start out as we are now.

Of course, the other option is to simply stick your head in the ground and imagine that you are just a globular DNA mass existing alone in the universe with no purpose, no basis for justice, and no basis for ....well anything.

• theinfamousone
    theinfamousone

ok perry, or should i say vinny??? im pretty sure you have two profiles.. but we'll let that one slip.... i can copy and paste too!

perry, as much as i enjoy your post and the defending you are doing of your faith... you must realize that you are using the exact same logic as the atheists, just with a theistic twist... you are not proving the existance of a superior being, you are trying to disprove one of many atheistic beliefs...

what you are doing is simply illustrated... i say there was never a banana in my chair... you say there was... how do you prove that? by saying that i can't prove that there never was a banana in my chair... you have not proven that there was a banana in my chair... you have only proven that neither of us can be entirely sure of what we think!!!

proving that god exists is just like trying to prove to a child that santa claus exists... its the same tactic as any religion uses... "oh yeah santa is there", to which the child may reply "i don't believe you" and then you will tell the child, "but there are presents here.." and the child says, "oh yeah".... same with religion... when a priest says "there is a god" some might say, "i dont believe you"... a response like "but there are trees and bees and bananas and wonderful things, that proves theres a god" we wont all say "oh yeah" that simply is not enough for some of us!

i respect you for your faith, i cannot be that faithful

i hate to bring up the purple flying monkey my friend, but the wind did not prove that he was there, nor could anyone disprove that he wasnt!!!!! if you think rationally about this whole issue, no one can prove that something infinite exists.. our minds cannot comprehend that!

i don't know what i believe originated this earth... and maybe thats why i'm such an advocate of live and let live here... but arguing that since there is a tree there that has the wonderful ability to provide a home for birds, wood to make things out of, sap we can drink or use for many purposes and even leaves that make photosynthesis does not prove atheists wrong or theists right!

we are all sitting on a rickety fence here my friends... neither side can be sure what they believe is the truth... and in all honesty, we all need to realize that the circular logic being pervayed in this rant-line is not going to prove anything...

maybe your need to have a god out there is tied in with your need to feel some self worth... and thats great, some of us need that, some of us don't... thats why our minds are such great things, theres no two that are the same!

thanks for the respectful post perry, i really do respect your logic as well

the infamous one(on a quest to understand why people believe what they do, and so fervently)

• popularMechanix
    popularMechanix
    I still find time to conduct international business in three countries

Wow, Perry! That sounds like a really big newspaper route! I bet you have a really nifty bicycle!

(BTW, what's that thing on your shoulder?)

pM

• theinfamousone
    theinfamousone

its probably the purple flying monkey that flew by my ear and proved god's existance

the infamous one

• lola28
    lola28
    only the fool can say there is not creator

I could argue that only a fool would believe in god, but I don't because I respect you enough to let you believe in whatever it is that makes you feel better, it would be nice to be able to say "no I don't believe in god" without having someone tell me that you I'm a fool.

Lola

• Perry
    Perry

infamous writes:

you are not proving the existance of a superior being, you are trying to disprove one of many atheistic beliefs...

I want to congratulate you on a well reasoned response with the exception of the word "trying". The universe had a beginning.....period. Whatever that first cause was ....IS GOD. This is way too close for comfort for the avarage atheist, so they steer clear of this. Something from nothing is also disproven by any possible standard. Atheism REQUIRES self-deception and cognitive dissonance.

you have only proven that neither of us can be entirely sure of what we think!!!

You are on a roll here. Thank you for acknowledging the PROOF that atheists cannot know that God doesn't exist. But, if this is so, why then are atheists so afraid of people simply admiring nature apart from their controlling interpretation of such facts? I mean surely they aren't so insecure that a few people watching a nature show would make them become so unhinged that they would say the kinds of things they said on this thread. I mean agnostics don't generally act like this; and believers don't generally act like this. The answer is that they are at war with God. And, since He is out of their reach they seek to control his creation.

You accurately state that whatever our bent, we cannot KNOW. Atheists don't generally want to go here either because it casts doubt on their beliefs about themselves. Here's a parable and diagram I presented on another thread that illustrates your point.

A business man was preparing for airtravel and realizing that the flight would only be serving cheap crackers and pretzels, brought along a package of cookies from home for the trip. He hopped into the window seat and placed the cookies on the tray table in front of him. After, digging through his briefcase and finally stowing it under the seat in front of him, he noticed that a little blue haired old lady took the seat next to him and had opened the package and started eating his cookies.

He glared at her but she just looked at him and smiled. He thought, "the nerve of this woman to take my cookies and start eating them without asking". Feeling slighted, he reached over and took one of the cookies from the package and put it in his mouth. Again, the lady just smiled at him as she took another one herself. "That's bold", he thought. He was starting to get mad and was going to say something but reasoned, "what should I care if this woman eats my cookies? I don't need to pick on senile old ladies. I'm better than that." So, he just calmed his anger and reached over and grabbed another cookie out of the package. Again, the old lady just looked at him and smiled.

This went on until all the cookies were eaten. He felt both satisfied and good about himself because he got to eat more than half of what was due him and he had refrained from going off on this crazy, albeit harmless elderly lady. He settled into a snooze and just tuned out. Upon landing, the lady just smiled again and wished him well on his trip as she left. As the businessman gathered up his things from under the seat in front of him he looked curiously on the floor at a package of cookies of the exact same size & brand that the little old lady had "taken" from him.

According to Plato, knowledge is a subset of that which is both true and believed

As soon as truths (nature for instance) are observed, they no longer exist as autonomous facts. In the nature show, some people saw beauty and some atheists were reminded of "crotch hair" and "vomit". It's all in the first few posts.... watch the show and read the first few posts again to see what I mean.

Before facts can become "knowledge" within you, your beliefs alter them and reshape them to varying degrees. Knowledge has an extremely indirect route to your brain. This is part of the rage that drives the atheist, the uncomfortable and nasty fact that they cannot know anything directly and are therefore subject to possible abuse from others. What they seek to secure is their undoing. They simply cannot know, refuse to accept this and attack others that point this out to them, especially people who look to God. God is their ultimate object of assault because of his self-knowing, self-existing and self-goodness characteristics.

Now, I want to carefully point out that this is not our only way of knowing available to us humans. Once a person seeks God, and especially asks God to reveal Himself to them, they are in a position to receive DIRECT KNOWLEDGE.

I was reading the testimony of an atheist philosophy professor at UT that became a Christian yesterday. He was surprised that after he sought God, that he had experiences of "direct knowledge" appearing within him. This is called revelation. I too have had this experience. The knowledge welled up within my chest and gently burst like a baloon and simply presented itself on one occasion. This kind of experience is rare in the sense that it is not often, even though MANY MILLIONS OF CHRISTIANS will testify that this has happened. Generally, God speaks through his word and the Spirit will draw out certain things to your attention. BUT, even then it still is perceived as direct knowledge when the Holy Spirit is behind it.

I have learned to inquire and listen to the still small voice within to a small degree. I am working on my obedience that impedes God's relevations and my happiness.

Now, these kinds of things are not what God speaks to you about once he turns his attention to you. Initially, he will confirm his existence. I spoke in tongues for a whole week. The only thing I could keep muttering to myself afterwards is "He's alive... they didn't kill him". [Jesus] God also almost immediately seeks to convict you of your sin. But, you are not thrown down about it or crushed....just acutely aware. Next, he uses your sin and your obedience in an amazing chizeling and sculpting procedure to shape you into an instrument of his liking. After that, we deal with obedience issues.

i respect you for your faith, i cannot be that faithful

Of course you can't! Don't you get it yet? What you see and characterize as faith in me is God's doing, not mine. The faith that you perceive from my writings, is not my response to God.....it is God's response to me. We tried to cultivate faith as JW's and it didn't work did it? If God is not in something...it's a complete waste of time. Rejecting his son prevented this as JW's. After a walk with God for a few seasons, you don't pray for faith. You pray that God will do with you whatever he wants.

This seems utterly outlandish to unbelievers, but God will get you there if you walk with him a while and listen and test him and ESPECIALLY inquire of him to show himself....and then watch and listen some more.

So what is the conclusion? Atheists have no witnesses whatsoever to counteract the argument that they cannot "know" anything. [see chart above] Christians abound by the many millions and will testify to the truthfulness of the testimony that I've written above about relevation.

Neither can "know" in the natural. One side ignores this fact. The other side, acknowledges this and can bring witnesses by the millions to testify that now they can, if only occasionally.

There is no sound reason to not inquire of God in humility and earnestly seek Him so that person may be found by Him. ANY "reason" to do otherwise is straight from the pit and a LIE.

• LtCmd.Lore
    LtCmd.Lore
    The knowledge welled up within my chest and gently burst like a baloon and simply presented itself on one occasion. This kind of experience is rare in the sense that it is not often, even though MANY MILLIONS OF CHRISTIANS will testify that this has happened. Generally, God speaks through his word and the Spirit will draw out certain things to your attention. BUT, even then it still is perceived as direct knowledge when the Holy Spirit is behind it.

You forget that most of us atheists already were christians. I was, and therefore know that your claim that we'd recieve some special otherwordly feeling if we convert, is entirely false.

We already were religious, nothing special happened. And now you want us to try it again? A popular definition of insanity is: Doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results.

Many millions of people will testify to being abducted by aliens, why should I believe your experience and not theirs?

Lore

• Vinny
    Vinny

Posted this on the other thread. But that's what happens when we get two going at once. Is why I like to use just ONE.

NO arguments dealing red vette in the wilderness.

NO arguments dealing with science failing to create life from lifeless in controlled settings.

NO arguments dealing with science cannot even PUT LIFE BACK where it life once was hours before.

NO arguments dealing with the universal "every beginning has a cause" fact of life.

NO arguments explaining how big BANG results in orderly, intricate, powerful universe; a spinning, orbiting earth with atmosphere, water, ozone etc, with moon practically attached; and life all throughout that earth.

And dozens of other issues unanswered. Just lots of of "vinny aint being enough like jesus" comments.

: )

As for those of you that think "Jesus" wants vinny to just lay down for your bologna/salami atheist lame arguments and accusations. Or for those of you that think I am being too hard on the poor atheists, I have TWO REPLIES FOR YOU:

Jesus THREW OUT the money changers, replied to all accusations, called the pharisees hypocrites and thoroughly EXPOSED their erroneous traditions and foolish ways. (Sounds good to me)...

These FINE QUOTES from atheists themselves on just two current threads tell it LIKE IT IS.

Furthermore, I do not call the atheists turds, sh**heads, morons etc. I do LAUGH at your explanations quite a bit. But that would be because your explanations (or often LACK OF) ARE LAUGHABLE. I do think atheistic *beliefs* are stupid, but never called any one of you here stupid or anything likewise.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit