Isn't God Awesome?

by Perry 450 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Vinny,

Just off topic and without rancor - can you please format your posts correctly. They are difficult to navigate.

If need be, ask God for help.

HS

• Vinny
    Vinny

I am not sure what you mean. I work from a Mac and do not get all the features the PC gives, which is why I have to use caps. But the formatting shows up fine on my screen. What do you see?

Is this some kind of trick?

Just kidding.

Thanks, but I have no idea what the problem is or what to do about it. My mac has zero pop ups and zero viruses in almost two years. No way do I want to use the PC. Though I do have one for a backup. But with my mac, I never need the back up.

I know, sounds like a commercial for Mac's.

v

out to din for the evening. Need to be a better son. Mom leaves on Tues...

• AlanF
    AlanF

All the massive bullshit aside from these apologist guys, neither Perry nor Vinny can answer the simple but basic question (which I've posted before for many years) of: where did the Christian God get his morals?

In the face of such complete lack of response from Perry, Vinny and the rest of the Fundy community, an intelligent but skeptical person has but one choice: these fundamentalists have no answers to extremely pertinent questions, and they know it, and that's why they don't answer.

Conclusion? Christian Fundamentalists of the Evangelical variety are no different in principle from the admittedly braindead and cult-minded Jehovah's Witnesses.

AlanF

• Gregor
    Gregor

Vinny, here's your word for the day - "pithy" : "... having substance and point : tersely cogent." You are not helping your argument by writing boring essays packed with phrases and put downs to show how emotionaly overheated you are on this subject. People change their minds based on clarity of understanding, not word count.

• poppers
    poppers

From Perry ..... "Poppers, Let me phrase it like this: Only a fool would try to prove the existence of God. Only a fool would say in his heart 'there is no God'." ....... Yes, but you haven't directed your answer to the substance of my post. You only have a BELIEF in god, you can't prove it can you. Just as someone with opposing views cannot prove god's non-existence. You danced around the point of my post. So, what makes YOUR stance more relevant than someone with opposing views? Someone else can have a deep heart-felt sense that there is NO god. You have a BELIEF only, and anything else which you posit is window dressing to make that belief more believable.

• Vinny
    Vinny

Poor, poor AlanF; goes to three different threads with the very same load of NOTHING. What a lame contribution from you. You answer no questions at all. You have no answers at all. Instead you ride in like Yosemite Sam shootin your blanks looking like an atheist with not even a CLUE.

Where did God get His Morals? Simple, He didn't get them from anybody or any place; HE'S ALWAYS HAD THEM. Nothing difficult about that at all.

Here, I will help you so you can't be too confused:

1- Alan F, how does life evolve from lifeless matter? Please tell us.

2- Alan F, how does it feel believing that a red corvette simply could arrive all on its own since universe, life and earth (all far more complex) all arrived on their own with no intelligence involved?

3- Alan F, if its true that all these things just happened on their own, why cannot the same science and technology which sends folks to the moon, create ANY LIFE (even the simplest of living things) from non-living matter today? Or put life back where it ONCE WAS?

4- Alan F, what about the universal fact of life PRINCIPLE that EVERY BEGINNING MUST HAVE A CAUSE CAUSE? What does THAT do for atheism?

5- Alan F, what does it say to YOU when people such as Einstein, Copernicus, Sir Francis Bacon, Johannes Kepler, Galileo, Descartes, Newton, Boyle, Faraday, Mendel, Kelvin, Max Planck, and thousands of others scientists, philosophers, leaders such as Ghandi, MLK, every single President elected and many other successful people as well as BILLIONS of others believe in a Supreme Intelligent Designer and REJECT ATHEISM OUTRIGHT.

More later.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Vinny,

Are you serious?....lol Do you actually think that you have come anywhere NEAR to answering this question? Let me show you just how ridiculous your 'answer' to the question of 'God's' morality.

Where did God get His Power? Simple, He didn't get it from anybody or any place; HE'S ALWAYS HAD IT. Nothing difficult about that at all.

No, he did not always have it. Prove my statement incorrect.

Who made God? Simple, nobody and no thing made God; HE'S ALWAYS EXISTED. Nothing difficult about that at all

No, he has not always existed. Prove my statement incorrect.

I am beginning to think that you are actually pulling our legs merely to get attention. I cannot believe that anyone who presents themselves as an expert on this subject could lack critical thinking skills to the degree that you display above.

HS

• LtCmd.Lore
    LtCmd.Lore

Let's go a step further Hillary:

Where did the Universe come from? Simple, It didn't come from from anybody or any thing; IT'S ALWAYS EXISTED. Nothing difficult about that at all.

Lore

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

Vinny, as you say, EVERYTHING has to have a creator, everything has a beginning. So, WHO created God. You can't simply say the universe must have been created, but God couldn't have been created. You are contradicting yourself.

Who created God?

steve

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    Hillary Step is a section of an approach route on Mt. Everest...but of course you knew that in your infinite wisdom, right?

FYI---I have been posting here since August of '01, and *I* never knew this! Somehow this tidbit of information isn't as widely known as some think it is.

The video was beautiful and some people might just give thought to the "wonder of it ALL" and appreciate how everything was made in the way we are told---and choose to believe---that it was.

hugs,

Annie

PS----waving and saying "HI" to Vinny....who I now recognize as one of my favorite posters from another board!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit