Isn't God Awesome?

by Perry 450 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Perry
    Perry

Lore writes:

I see no reason to even bother with christianity.

Good for you Lore! Then how can you know that it is impossible for God to reveal Himself to you like you wrote here:

I was [a Christ rejecting "Christian"], and therefore know that your claim that we'd recieve some special otherwordly feeling if we convert, is entirely false.

You didn't accept Christ as a JW and you don't want to know him now. In spite of these facts, you claim special knowledge that He is impossible to know. Do you see how utterly twisted your thinking is. Of course not, that would require self honesty, of which you have precisely none. You present a tautology just like your other atheistic claims.

Folks, Lore is the perfect example of my charge of why atheism REQUIRES VAST LEVELS OF IGNORANCE. She claims to KNOW Christ won't reveal himself to her while at the same time admitting that she never accepted Christ in the first place and is not even interested. Now, that is certainly her right to do that. But what possible basis could she have to denigrate others who do accept and know Christ? NONE, just spitefulness.

Why don't you just run along now and go play. Try not to respond to threads like "Isn't God Awesome" since you already "know" all you intend to about God.

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

Perry, I can see how that little flash movie demonstrates the awesomeness of our reality, but, what does it have to do with God?

steve

• LtCmd.Lore
    LtCmd.Lore
    I was Christian, and therefore know that your claim that we'd recieve some special otherwordly feeling if we convert, is entirely false.

You didn't accept Christ as a JW and you don't want to know him now. In spite of these facts, you claim special knowledge that He is impossible to know. Do you see how utterly twisted your thinking is. Of course not, that would require self honesty, of which you have precisely none. You present a tautology just like your other atheistic claims.

Never alter what I said while quoting me again!

I reject your authority to determine who is/was a true christian and who is not. I say I was, so therefore I was.

NOW, like I said before: How do you explain all the 'feelings' that people of other religions experience?

Folks, Lore is the perfect example of my charge of why atheism REQUIRES VAST LEVELS OF IGNORANCE. She claims to KNOW Christ won't reveal himself to her while at the same time admitting that she never accepted Christ in the first place and is not even interested. Now, that is certainly her right to do that. But what possible basis could she have to denigrate others who do accept and know Christ? NONE, just spitefulness.

Perry, I'm male. Look under my avatar and notice the

When did I admit that I never knew christ in the first place?

I know plenty of other atheists who used to be Christian... and not JWs as if that matters. And none of them had any special feeling.

I posit that this feeling is nothing more than wishfull thinking, since only some christians feel it. And only some Jews feel it. Thus why atheism is growing so fast.

Lore

• Perry
    Perry

infamous writes:

you guys have tried to substantiate your belief in god by stating that atheists cannot prove the big bang

WRONG. You read my long arguments about how no one can KNOW whether or not God exists or does not exist unless he reveals himself to you. Your statement is a deception. Self-deception that is. Because I aint buying the false premise you're peddling.

now find me something somewhere with god's literal signature... something that literally says i am god, i made all this.

Please find where I tried to convince someone of God's existence. Oh, I haven't have I. Sure, I've touched on a few inferences such as the beginning of the universe that scientists reluctantly were forced to admit and how that BEGINNING INFERS A BEGINNER OR FIRST CAUSE. But these are facts presented by scientists, not me. My over all premise on the matter, that I have stated plainly reveals that we CANNOT know..... in the natural.

Others understood....why not you? Let's review:

you have only proven that neither of us can be entirely sure of what we think!!!

You are on a roll here. Thank you for acknowledging the PROOF that atheists cannot know that God doesn't exist. But, if this is so, why then are atheists so afraid of people simply admiring nature apart from their controlling interpretation of such facts?

I have calmly and methodically examined atheists unprovable claims and obnoxious responses to a cute little nature slide show with great personal enjoyment. Why does that seem bother you so?

you condescending jerks come back and say; why doi atheists always attack... from everyones standpoint here, the two of you, or should i say one of you, are/is the only one on the attack!!!

I just about spewed my soda again! Please read the first few disgusting comments on this thread to see if the cuddly atheists attacked or the wicked filthy believers did. You should do a comedy routine out of this. The reality is that you simply wished that believers would just sit here and accept all the abuse that some atheists could dish out and just remain silent. That really is your view of how this board should work isn't it? Some of us disagree and derive great personal enjoyment when atheists express themselves about what they believe.

you guys are just trying to stir the shit
    these guys are jerks..
    they try to make me feel stupid...

Whoa cool down their infamous. Your arguments simply failed. Don't take it personal. All this has little to do with the mind and everything to do with the heart.

Have a good evening!

• poppers
    poppers

"My over all premise on the matter, that I have stated plainly reveals that we CANNOT know..... in the natural."....... So you readily admit that you DON'T know of god's existence, you only believe it to be so. Is that right? And you state that atheists DON'T know of the non-existence of god, only believe it to be so. Is this accurate Perry?

• Perry
    Perry

Ok (male) Lore,

Christ said "you are my disciples if you do what I command you".

Christ commanded his followers (Christians) to eat his flesh and drink his blood. (accept sacraments)

JW's reject the sacraments, thus disobeying Jesus, thus they are not Christians. JW's claim no brotherhood with Christ. Jw's are taught that the NT was not written for them.

They are taught that Jesus did not die for them but only for the leaders. In short, JW's reject everything that God sent Christ to accomplish. How then can you claim that you were not a "Christ Rejecting Christian"? It's an oxymoron. A mental and argumentative impossibility.

• poppers
    poppers

What I am seeing on this thread is a lot of defensiveness on both sides of the issue. This leads me to wonder just what is it that needs defending? Who is this person who feels that he is right and the other is wrong? What will it do to my concept of god and self if the other challenges my dearly held ideas? And who would I be if I held no ideas concerning god and this separate sense of self which has such a strong desire to be right while proving other wrong?

• Perry
    Perry

Poppers,

Let me phrase it like this:

Only a fool would try to prove the existence of God.

Only a fool would say in his heart 'there is no God'.

That is where the similarity ends. Vinny and I have proven that the sentiment "there is no God" is irrational an an impossible tautology. Likewise, neither Vinny nor I have tried to prove the existence of God. We have only stated that there is an inherent basis for investigation because a "beginning" has been proven.

Who is the fool?

Millions of Christians will testify to the occurance of "revelation" - direct knowledge, not intuition of God's existence. All atheists claim no such knowledge.

• theinfamousone
    theinfamousone

after getting an insulting email from one of the idiotic god peddlers (no not all of you, just this one in partivcular) i was left with no choice but to come back!!!! you did not respond to my question perry.... i asked you for proof and your response was you guys attacked...

i said neither of us can be sure, you said see even infamous says atheists cant be sure.,... where is the beginning? this proves theres a god? my ass! you are yet to prove anything.... and if your head wasnt so far up your ass, you may have noticed that i was defending your theistic beliefs just as much as i was defending the atheistic beliefs... you know, everyday i marvel at what i see around me... my frickin kitten for example is the funniest most caring creature i can think of... could this all have happened by accident? PROBABLY not... notice the probably.... it is possible that it did... if you have to say that everything has to have a beginning, where did god begin? your logic condemns the atheists as much as it condemns your own beliefs....

man, face it, cbeing condescending to everyone is not going to make anyone agree with you.. this is opne of those topics where everybody has such a strong viewpoint that slifde shows with pretty pictures and being an ass hole won't change what they believe!

nextg time some idiot decides that they need to email and threaten me, please understand that i will send your email directly to the admin here and then post it on this thread... i am more than willing to have a civilized discussion, but i will not put up with insults and name calling in my inbox!

the infamous one

enjoy the purple flying monkey perry! he'll save you one day!

• Perry
    Perry

WoW infamous,

I think you need a break....maybe go play with your kitty. I DO NOT BELIEVE your story about a nasty email from a Christian believer on this board. Of course you could prove me wrong by posting it.

I bet I'll see that purple monkey that your always talking about before you present any proof though.

Nighty night.

if your head wasnt so far up your ass

Moderators, why don't you get this filthy mouthed poster off this thread?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit